Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diversity in KISD

Post Thanks / Like

Diversity in KISD

KISD now has a Baylor law professor that is studying diversity in KISD. Teachers, students, support personnel, and administration will all be "studied" and recommendations made as how to improve diversity in the district.
    Hard to believe that KISD could be more "diverse" than it is, but I'm pretty sure that systematic racism will come into play with the results of this "study".

2. Thanks txswimmer, Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    KISD now has a Baylor law professor that is studying diversity in KISD. Teachers, students, support personnel, and administration will all be "studied" and recommendations made as how to improve diversity in the district.
    Hard to believe that KISD could be more "diverse" than it is, but I'm pretty sure that systematic racism will come into play with the results of this "study".
    Well, everything is identity politics. Racism, Classism, Misogyny, Religious bigotry, Transphobia, etc........... Nothing is right, according to the extremes of the political spectrum.
    "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" - Mathew 22:37-40 (KJV)

4. Likes Night Owl, sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A waste of money, since the outcome Has already been determined, in my opinion.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

6. Likes sickofpc, txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just more of your tax dollars at work! What a joke.

8. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl, sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post

i wonder what "perfect" diversity looks like and whether or not we'll recognize it when we see or have it.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

10. Likes sickofpc, Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe...they want to study how well KISD does in having a diverse population, then take the good points and use them as an example to less diverse districts, on how to do "it" properly...or do it better.
    KISD has been diverse for DECADES, and ought to know how to work it. Yes, there are problems here and there, but most of those are easily handled, to a degree.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    This European married a Caribbean and adopted a Korean child. Such a mix is not uncommon in a military family. I believe that Killeen could well teach others how diversity can work.
    "There is no such thing as a scientific ought. Science is competent to establish only what is."

13. Likes gnatsum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Baylor Law Professor.? What does a lawyer know about diversity in KISD or any other public school? I'm sure said professor will see what they want to see and already has his/her mind made up and the report is probably ready for publication as I write this.

it would be interesting to know what this lawyers background is prior to reading the report. Where does said lawyer stand on the political scale. That alone will cause bias in the report.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    A Baylor Law Professor.? What does a lawyer know about diversity in KISD or any other public school? I'm sure said professor will see what they want to see and already has his/her mind made up and the report is probably ready for publication as I write this.

it would be interesting to know what this lawyers background is prior to reading the report. Where does said lawyer stand on the political scale. That alone will cause bias in the report.
    New "woke" cirricula coming to a school near you soon. Will it never end?
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

16. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to laugh about kisd diversity. There is no diversity. Kisd predominately black.

18. LOL fchafey LOL'd at this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast