PDA

View Full Version : ScanAmerica Player

MZR
April 5th, 2009, 9:24 AM
I was wondering if the admins would be interested in adding something like this to the site. To get html code, go to http://www.scanamerica.us/modules.php?name=Promote

Rick
April 5th, 2009, 9:49 AM
I sure would and have been meaning to ask you about that. We are testing locations for the link. It would be nice if the player were smaller.

MZR
April 5th, 2009, 8:20 PM
Did you play with this line of code:
<iframe frameborder='0' width='364' height='142' scrolling='no'

Another option could be the player opening on a new window.

Rick
April 5th, 2009, 8:32 PM
The place I have to put it would need to be the same height as the little banner ads in the Navigation Bar. I think it will work.

Check your PM, I sent you a link to my test site for you to look at.

Scarlett
April 5th, 2009, 8:47 PM
As far as I an concerned, it looks great there. Go ahead and make it happen webmaster sir! :thumbsup

Rick
April 5th, 2009, 8:58 PM
Yes Ma,am!!!

Style changes involve HTML coding and requires my undivided attention and there's only so much of that available in my ever greying head. :doh :banghead :banghead

It has been a very busy Admin night. I will fill you in as soon as I can.

Rick
April 5th, 2009, 9:22 PM
Ok, it is done on both stykes...Enjoy.

I will look into adding it to all the pages, but for now...the main page is good.

MZR
April 6th, 2009, 6:15 AM
It looks nice. And there is room for more...cough...:thumbsup (Austin).

Rick
April 6th, 2009, 6:31 AM
Sure, as long as ScanAmerica is paying...lol

kantwin
April 6th, 2009, 6:45 AM
I don't see this player?
Where is it on the CenTexTalk site?
EDIT - Disregard - I was looking on the search page, not the main page. . .

Rick
April 6th, 2009, 6:53 AM
Early mornings tend to have that affect on me too.

MZR
April 7th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Sure, as long as ScanAmerica is paying...lol

I was just going by this site's name, now I'm confused. Is this site ever going to grow outside the Ft.Hood area?

Rick
April 7th, 2009, 7:54 PM
I hope you didn't think I was being serious. I was thinking of adding a line of text to include Austin. It shouldn't increase the navbar by that much. Is the Austin scanner more interesting?

As for growing into Austin, I have seen some Austin forums, they can be rough. They would tend to take over and move the small town discussion to the side, and I think there is more personality here.

I would like to get some from Temple and Lampasas, maybe more from Cove to make it interesting.

But if someone wanted an Austin section, we could give it a shot.

MZR
April 8th, 2009, 4:58 AM
No problem boss. I just realized that you were joking about it. The Austin link was just a thought...

THEMEANOGRE
April 8th, 2009, 5:25 AM
I think you get a good deal of stuff out of Cove. Dave and I are both here.

Rick
April 8th, 2009, 4:12 PM
No problem boss. I just realized that you were joking about it. The Austin link was just a thought...
Ok it is there, see if it works for you.

MZR
April 8th, 2009, 4:55 PM
Yeah it works fine, using firefox here BTW, didn't try with IE. Thanks for the links.

Rick
April 8th, 2009, 5:44 PM
I am using IE, glad to have someone testing FireFox for me. I Keep forgetting to install that for testing purposes.

circle_c
April 10th, 2009, 5:26 PM
using FF at the moment, works fine when I clik on the icon in the header. thanks y'all

circle_c
April 10th, 2009, 5:36 PM
Have Austin in one browser (IE) and Killeen in FF, listing to both at the same time. guess there is no need for this other than it works.... Good show Guys.. Thanks

MZR
June 29th, 2009, 7:25 AM
If you were wondering why all the scanamerica.us (http://scanamerica.us) links redirect you to radioreference.com (http://radioreference.com)...

"With the recent acquisition of ScanAmerica.us completed, RadioReference has added 800+ live audio feeds of police, fire, EMS, and other radio communications from around the world. Our goal is to have over 1000 high quality feeds online before the end of the year. Gordon Edwards, the previous owner of Scan America, joins our senior leadership team as Lead Manager of Live Audio."

Rick, I believe that no changes are or will be necessary for the embedded audio applet.

Rick
June 29th, 2009, 7:39 AM
Ok, just let me know if there are.

MZR
August 13th, 2009, 8:49 PM
The audio feed is back online after a whole week without internet. Please, let me know of any problems.

MZR
August 25th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Back online with a stable internet connection this time.

MZR
August 31st, 2009, 7:03 AM
TWC did it again. The audio feed will be down until further notice.

MZR
September 1st, 2009, 3:27 PM
Fixed ATT.

MZR
September 12th, 2009, 9:59 AM
Added Salado PD and FD to the channel list.