PDA

View Full Version : Earnhardt wrecks Daytona 500 car

TheOldProgrammer
February 16th, 2011, 2:57 PM
I guess he just couldn't wait until the race... Now he'll have to race in tomorrow's Gatorade Duel for a good starting position... :smoke

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-daytona-earnhardtwreck

I stand corrected; he starts in the rear regardless of where he finishes in the first Gatorade Duel tomorrow... :smoke

Earnhardt Jr. wrecks in practice, goes to backup car: during the rain delayed 1st practice on Wednesday, #48-Johnson and #88-Earnhardt Jr. were drafting in a two car pack, just behind them was another 2 car pack, #56-Truex Jr and #83-Vickers. #48-Johnson lifted as he came up on a slower pack of cars, Earnhardt got into Johnson, who got loose but recovered, Truex had no place to go and got into Earnhardt, sending both the #88 and #56 sliding thru the grass with the #88 hitting the inside SAFER wall, bouncing off and back into Truex. So both are going to backup cars. Since Earnhardt Jr.'s starting spot was locked in, he will have to go to the rear of the field before the start of Gatorade Duel 1 and the Daytona 500. Truex Jr. will start at the rear of the Gatorade Duel but starting where he qualifies with his Gatorade Duel result. Whichever driver starts 3rd in the Daytona 500 [to be determined in the Gatorade Duels] will start first in the Daytona 500.(2-16-2010)

The321
February 16th, 2011, 6:10 PM
Who were the drivers that cause this? They need to be removed from the track........

Night Owl
February 16th, 2011, 8:29 PM
I am not surprised that the "Greatest NASCAR driver" of all time forgot where his brake pedal was located. Maybe he will wreck his backup car and have to wait until lap 50 to start, but even then people would still think he would win.

kantwin
February 16th, 2011, 8:47 PM
I am not surprised that the "Greatest NASCAR driver" of all time forgot where his brake pedal was located. Maybe he will wreck his backup car and have to wait until lap 50 to start, but even then people would still think he would win.

Drive a race car at 200 MPH much?

Night Owl
February 16th, 2011, 9:11 PM
Not often, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. The "Greatest NASCAR driver" of all time is susposed to be a professional, isn't he. I know he doesn't show it too often, but even a blind pig can find a acorn ever now and then. I did notice the current NASCAR champion lifted when he saw trouble ahead, but he isn't the "Greatest NASCAR driver" of all time.

kantwin
February 17th, 2011, 6:26 AM
You know it's bad when you have a web page dedicated to JR Nation CHOKING. . .
http://www.over88ted.com/

TheOldProgrammer
February 17th, 2011, 7:24 AM
Here's something interesting... It's been said on the broadcasts last week that the Hendricks drivers can communicate amongst themselves... Question: why didn't Johnson communicate to Jr. that he was slowing? Could this incident have been avoided or do we have a lack of communication? :smoke

Night Owl
February 17th, 2011, 7:28 AM
I may have to make that site my home page!!!!

The321
February 17th, 2011, 3:16 PM
Here's something interesting... It's been said on the broadcasts last week that the Hendricks drivers can communicate amongst themselves... Question: why didn't Johnson communicate to Jr. that he was slowing? Could this incident have been avoided or do we have a lack of communication? :smoke

This happened in the blink of an eye.

also The "media" put that label on Dale.