PDA

View Full Version : Aspartame (Nutra-Sweet or Equal) Causes Cancer - Lymphoma, Leukemia

dawglover
January 29th, 2011, 10:19 PM
This is very interesting. More folks should know about this.

http://www.discount-vitamins-herbs.net/n-263-cancer-aspartame.htm

TheOldProgrammer
January 30th, 2011, 7:45 AM
I see a couple of 'red flags' here... You might want to do more research before proclaiming this as gospel...

1) This is a company only out to make money selling their own products;
2) "Final report of a seven year study"? When was this 'final' report published
3) Note at the bottom "In the meantime consider"...a product that they're selling...

At first glance I view this as a load of :cowdung ... :smoke

circle_c
January 30th, 2011, 9:09 AM
Quick search found this to be the latest ffrom FDA. Probably later reports, but did not find them after a quick search...Thought I heard something about this on the news the other night which revealed it to be safe by FDA. So you may be right TOP
:cowdungowl
http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodIngredientsPackaging/FoodAdditives/ucm208580.htm

FieryPrincess
January 30th, 2011, 7:32 PM
the bottom line is probably that anything is artificial is probably not good for you.

dragonfly
January 30th, 2011, 8:22 PM
I just read something about it being genetically modified bacteria. I just googled and choose the first link on it. This is not the article I read though.
http://todayyesterdayandtomorrow.wordpress.com/2007/06/04/aspartame-is-manufactured-by-monsanto-using-genetically-modified-bacteria/

Spartan
January 30th, 2011, 8:45 PM
the bottom line is probably that anything is artificial is probably not good for you.

Quite right. Often we exchange short-term good for long-term terrible consequences. Take for example our use of synthetic hormones for the purpose of contraception in the late 50's-early 60's which have resulted in a myriad of evils, not the least of which is the high incidence of breast cancer.

I have removed all artificial and genetically modified materials from my dinner table inasmuch as I am aware of them.

CenTexDave
January 31st, 2011, 8:30 AM
I read something similar to this about these two products years ago. Of course, this was after the first scare about sacarhin (sp). I wonder when Splenda will be found to be bad for you.

TheOldProgrammer
January 31st, 2011, 8:43 AM
You're right Dave... This has actually been floating around for over 10 years... I believe the first time I saw this, I was working at Weyerhaeuser and that 9 or 10 years ago... Every couple of years someone revives it.. :smoke

dawglover
January 31st, 2011, 11:26 AM
You're right Dave... This has actually been floating around for over 10 years... I believe the first time I saw this, I was working at Weyerhaeuser and that 9 or 10 years ago... Every couple of years someone revives it.. :smoke

I think what we should all bear in mind is that this study has been going on for year and preliminary result had leaked out. This however is a final conclusion. This is final report of a seven-year study by the Ramazzini Foundation that foreign governments are taking action on and our own FDA is reviewing with an eye toward taking decisive action on. I think we need to take this one a little more seriously. After all, it is a life and death matter. That's pretty serious in my view.

TheOldProgrammer
January 31st, 2011, 3:15 PM
No offense 'dawglover' but when I see the actual report, and not something posted on the website of a company trying to make a buck, at any expense, then I'll believe it... Meanwhile, I need another Diet Coke... :smoke

dawglover
January 31st, 2011, 4:00 PM
No offense 'dawglover' but when I see the actual report, and not something posted on the website of a company trying to make a buck, at any expense, then I'll believe it... Meanwhile, I need another Diet Coke... :smoke

Makes sure it's the Diet Coke made with Splenda. :)