PDA

View Full Version : Compact Fluorescent Light(CFL) Bulb or Fluorescent

circle_c
January 29th, 2011, 3:43 PM
I don't believe this has been posted before......

What to Do if a Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) Bulb or Fluorescent Tube Light Bulb Breaks in Your Home: Detailed Recommendations

http://www.epa.gov/cfl/cflcleanup-detailed.html

Spartan
January 29th, 2011, 3:46 PM
I sweep up the shards and throw them in the trash. If that does not suit the EPA... too bad. I did not ask for those bulbs and the "Edison" style suited me fine.

Deb
January 29th, 2011, 3:52 PM
I sweep up the shards and throw them in the trash. If that does not suit the EPA... too bad. I did not ask for those bulbs and the "Edison" style suited me fine.

My neighbors and I do the same thing. If the EPA doesn't like that, then that's tough. There are no recycle facilities or recycle bins around for that kind of thing.

Mestral
January 29th, 2011, 4:49 PM
I am not aware of anywhere in Central Texas that requires recycling CFL's, other than on Fort Hood.

OTOH, Lowes or Home Depot, I forget which one, has a recycling point.

circle_c
January 29th, 2011, 4:49 PM
I hear ya. :)) I'm stocking up on Edison's myself.

Mestral
January 29th, 2011, 4:56 PM
I hear ya. :)) I'm stocking up on Edison's myself.

Yeah, I haven't started yet, since I don't use the sizes they are going to ban next year, but may start soon if the gov-mental auth orities don't wise up and drop this crap. I suspect there will be another "shellacking" at the end of next year, but I fear the damage may be too much to recover from. That and I fear the LEFTISTS will convince the people that all these problems are the fault of the conservatives, and the pendulum will swing back to our swift destruction.