PDA

View Full Version : Tanning

engteach64
January 16th, 2011, 4:22 PM
Hey, is there a good tanning salon around here? I prefer one on Trimmier since everything I do is on this road. I need to tan up before my cruise so I'm not so pale the ship uses me as a light at night.

Scarlett
January 16th, 2011, 4:27 PM
Icky! Use the lotion!!!

Scarlett
January 16th, 2011, 4:29 PM
But if you INSIST on giving yourself skin cancer...the one on WS Young and Stan Sch. is good.

engteach64
January 16th, 2011, 7:02 PM
Well gee, you make it sound so appealing. :-s

xzochye
January 16th, 2011, 7:04 PM
My mind is drawing a blank right now on the name but the one that is on Stan Schlueter next to the Sonic is great. I went there last year and plan on starting again next month. There is a private radio in each room and the leave you a little mint or piece of gum on the bed :)

christine
January 16th, 2011, 7:10 PM
I don't know any but the self tanner is a good idea if you need color in a hurry. Try a lotion one. They don't make you yellow. Make sure to use a really good body scrub first and then throughout the day you can continued to use other lotions (dry skin is a fake tans enemy) just don't use right before you apply the tanning product.

Have a great trip!!!

Scarlett
January 16th, 2011, 8:10 PM
I used to go tanning. Then I went to Rain Skin and Body and had the photos done where it shows the sun damage. Never tanned again. Scared me straight!

The best brand of self tanning lotion I have found is actually the Equate brand at Walmart believe it or not. For face try the Jergens Natural Glow Face Daily Moisturizer.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6cd0b6d-a594-2ccc.jpg

engteach64
January 16th, 2011, 9:38 PM
I've used those before, but if you miss a spot it looks horrible. Maybe I will give it a try again. It is better than skin cancer. Thanks ladies.

Scarlett
January 16th, 2011, 9:41 PM
Lol. Well don't miss a spot! I can reach all the parts on me that anyone would see while I am in public anyhow!

engteach64
January 16th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I guess that's true. No one but me is going to see underneath. Wouldn't it be funny just to do my arms, legs, face, and back? I'd put on a bathing suit, and I would be spotted like a leopard. :)

christine
January 17th, 2011, 9:22 AM
Hey if you over do a spot and it's too dark just apply some scrub to that area. Maybe mix in some lime juice. It'll remove the product or lighten it depending on how dark you went.

Sunshine
January 19th, 2011, 1:39 PM
Just go to a spray tan place before the cruise, there is one in Killeen, can't think of the name right now. There is also one by Heritage Park Fitness Gym. I'm super pale and always get one before vacation.

Scarlett
January 19th, 2011, 2:00 PM
Just go to a spray tan place before the cruise, there is one in Killeen, can't think of the name right now. There is also one by Heritage Park Fitness Gym. I'm super pale and always get one before vacation.

And I can testify to the fact that she is probably even paler than me!!!!

flagthis
March 25th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Anyone know where you can get a professional spray tan in the CenTex area? Lotions have never worked for me. I either apply them incorrectly or I turn weird shades of orange.

Spartan
March 25th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Orange is a good shade. I never could understand why people want to change their skin color, especially from a majority to a minority... bleaching I can understand but not tanning. Of course I also wonder why people spend so much time and money changing their faces... when that is probably the last thing we look for.

Scarlett
March 25th, 2011, 1:05 PM
Why does it make sense to you that dark people want to be lighter but not that light people want to be darker?

Spartan
March 25th, 2011, 1:12 PM
So say can "pass" I'm told. Same for straightening and lightening hair.

xzochye
March 25th, 2011, 1:29 PM
So say can "pass" I'm told.

Is this written in a secret code or something?

Scarlett
March 25th, 2011, 1:31 PM
So say can "pass" I'm told. Same for straightening and lightening hair.
Huh?

mb1103
March 25th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Total Tan on Stan Schlueter is good for a professional spray tan. They will air brush you. I have gone there the past two summers before vacation. The lady ( I believe she is the owner) will mix a color just for you so that you can get the color you desire. Last summer I paid $35 and it lasted me about 10 days. I haven't been back yet this year.

Brian McCall
March 26th, 2011, 2:37 AM
I love how the culture has brainwashed our fairer-skinned women into such self-loathing. Time was when being fair was a valued trait. Now it's being ethnically cleansed out of existence.

Brian McCall
March 26th, 2011, 3:07 AM
Someone mentioned bleaching. I don't think that has nearly the prevalence. Michael Jackson supposedly did it, but he was trying to turn into Diana Ross or someone.

Brian McCall
March 26th, 2011, 4:33 AM
I love how the culture has brainwashed our fairer-skinned women into such self-loathing. Time was when being fair was a valued trait. Now it's being ethnically cleansed out of existence.

[Damn time limit on editing...]

This is of particular concern to me because my daughter has very light skin. Someone even said she should marry a black guy or latino so her kids won't be so light. How about that for ethnic cleansing? I cleansed them of any welcome to my house ever again.

Sunshine
March 26th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Anyone know where you can get a professional spray tan in the CenTex area? Lotions have never worked for me. I either apply them incorrectly or I turn weird shades of orange.

I used to go to Texas Tan in Harker Heights, next to Heritage Park Fitness. They have spray booths and you can pick your level of spray that you want. To everyone else, it is not that complicated. Women like a glow, especially for a special event and when getting a photo taken. Also, a spray tan makes a person look slimmer. There is no great mystery to be had. Some women go to tanning booths in the winter because it helps with winter blues in places that are dark and cold for 5-6 months of the year. If you go to a good place you don't end up orange anymore.

Rick
March 26th, 2011, 4:57 PM
Wow! Brian, people tanning is now ethic cleansing? You need to turn off whatever it is you are getting information from. You are heading off the real deep end with that one.

Tanning is just something else that Texas has figured out how to tax.

dragonfly
March 26th, 2011, 5:09 PM
If fair skin people do a spray tan, does it help them from burning as easily?

Scarlett
March 26th, 2011, 5:11 PM
If fair skin people do a spray tan, does it help them from burning as easily?

Not at all.

dragonfly
March 26th, 2011, 5:51 PM
well, shoot then! :(

Brian McCall
March 26th, 2011, 7:45 PM
Wow! Brian, people tanning is now ethic cleansing? You need to turn off whatever it is you are getting information from. You are heading off the real deep end with that one.

Tanning is just something else that Texas has figured out how to tax.

No no. Not tanning. I'm talking about the general attitude pushed by the culture that says you're less attractive if you have lighter skin, and needs to be corrected via UV radiation and chemicals. I also take it personally because my daughter is very light and doesn't tan easily. I find the attitude very degrading.

dragonfly
March 27th, 2011, 9:50 AM
Is it 'pushed by the culture' or simply personal preference?
I personally like the look of my skin ( and others) when it's sun kissed.

Scarlett
March 27th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I think culture is the wrong choice of words. Fashion is a better word. And the fashion changes. Once it was very stylish to be as pale as me. Now being tan is stylish. I think like skinny jeans and big hair, it will come back...
I used to go tanning, and I love how I look tan. Then I went to Rain Skin and Body and had the photos done that showed me the damage I was doing to my skin. Now I am setting my own style!
Pale is in! (In my world) I preach that to my students. ;)

That being said, having that sun-kissed glow does make one look slimmer. I am happy to use the lotion when I wish, but I am not embarrassed of my nearly translucent skin anymore!

Spartan
March 27th, 2011, 7:47 PM
... That being said, having that sun-kissed glow does make one look slimmer. I am happy to use the lotion when I wish, but I am not embarrassed of my nearly translucent skin anymore!

Only in your mind. A caboose is still a caboose no matter what the color tint.

Scarlett
March 27th, 2011, 7:51 PM
Huh?

Spartan
March 27th, 2011, 8:26 PM
What I said, in other words, a big butt is a big butt, sun-kissed glow or not.

kantwin
March 27th, 2011, 8:45 PM
What I said, in other words, a big butt is a big butt, sun-kissed glow or not.

That's pretty much the way I read it.

Rick
March 27th, 2011, 8:54 PM
Huh?
You told me not to ask him for help. I've seen you do it twice recently. :))

As for tanning, in Ohio, we'd get a tan in the summer, then in winter, we'd be white again. Never thought it would be a politically incorrect cultural unequalizer. What a shame.