PDA

View Full Version : Gibbs has spoken to Busch

TheOldProgrammer
November 17th, 2010, 4:26 PM
Joe Gibbs told Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody that he has spoken with Kyle Busch about the profanity laced tirade at Texas Motor Speedway that resulted in Busch being fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the remainder of 2010. "(Kyle) gets so uptight that every now and then, he makes mistakes," said Gibbs. "We've got to do everything we can here  inside Joe Gibbs Racing  to make sure that doesn't happen. That's what we're totally focused on. We've got a plan laid out, and Kyle has agreed to do the things he needs to do& to ensure that we don't put ourselves in that position again. We think he's a huge talent; a smart, bright guy that we enjoy being around. His whole life is Sam (his fiancée)& and racing. There are no issues with him running around drinking or anything. He doesn't care about any of that. He's totally focused, and all he wants to do is race cars. (Unfortunately) he gets so wound up at the race track that it's hard for him to handle some of the things he needs to handle. We love his competitive nature, but he just needs to learn to handle things better." Gibbs declined to speak specifically on what discussions have been had, or what guidelines have been put in place regarding Busch's future behavior. He stressed, however, that all parties agree that incidents like his recent outburst at Texas Motor Speedway cannot continue to occur. "(It) was not good for us at Joe Gibbs Racing, and it certainly wasn't good for our sponsor," he said. "We feel like there was a plan that we had to put out there, to assure that this doesn't happen again. We're going to keep that in-house, but it's something that we think is smart, and Kyle does too. He realizes where he is, and that's a great part of this. We just have to make sure it doesn't happen again."(Sirius Speedway)(11-17-2010)

How many times had (Joe) Gibbs gonna talk to this moe-ron before he takes some clear, definitive action against him? The probation from NA$CAR was another joke; two whole races...it should have run into next season! And before any says it; so was the fine as he'll get that back in a couple of weeks... If you want to make a point Joe; take $25K from his salary... :smoke

njdevil
November 17th, 2010, 8:33 PM
This is the problem i have with NA$CAR and people who still watch anymore...so what if he flipped off an official...it's called emotions..i'd rather see that then these morons who have conformed to NA$CARS boring ways.

I bet if Tony did that it would be ok with most of ya lol.

Rick
November 17th, 2010, 8:45 PM
It would be ok with me. But then, it was Ok with me when Busch did it. Why should he be on probation? Noone got hurt, except for an official's feelings. Big damn deal. Had it not been on TV, we wouldn't have heard a thing about it.

TheOldProgrammer
November 18th, 2010, 7:36 AM
This is the problem i have with NA$CAR and people who still watch anymore...so what if he flipped off an official...it's called emotions..i'd rather see that then these morons who have conformed to NA$CARS boring ways.

I bet if Tony did that it would be ok with most of ya lol.

Yea it would be but he'd have been fined three times what Busch was and put on probation until hell freezes over... :smoke

It would be ok with me. But then, it was Ok with me when Busch did it. Why should he be on probation? Noone got hurt, except for an official's feelings. Big damn deal. Had it not been on TV, we wouldn't have heard a thing about it.

I suspect that even if it hadn't been on TV we'd have heard about it... Haven't you heard; Kyle Busch is NA$CAR's new 'whipping boy'? Went through the same thing with other drivers...most recently Tony Stewart. :smoke

wolfcub
November 18th, 2010, 9:59 AM
I can see doing it if they were consistant and did it for all but we know NASCAR writes and rewrites the rules as they go. Also, I think it was stupid to know they were going to fine and put him on probation and then also hold him for two laps. NASCAR + their decisions DOES NOT = consistancy.

Rick
November 18th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Yep, and remember, in the same race, one driver tried to violently, physically harm another driver and he received no penalty whatsoever.

But flip a little bird...