PDA

View Full Version : Too Little, Too Late

corgifan
November 15th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Good to see the Cowboys beat down on the Giants (the only team I can't stand more than the Cowboys!) Too late to do anything about this season, but fun to watch.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2010, 12:46 PM
A big "if", but what if they run the table. Possible, but unlikely, but they looked good yesterday. If they win out, they'd be 9-7 and a possible wild card.
I imagine there are a few NFC teams sweating it out today.

kantwin
November 15th, 2010, 5:51 PM
A big "if", but what if they run the table. Possible, but unlikely, but they looked good yesterday. If they win out, they'd be 9-7 and a possible wild card.
I imagine there are a few NFC teams sweating it out today.
Pu-leez.
There is no way they would run the table.
The exact same players that they had the last 3 weeks. What made them play good yesterday, that made them NOT play good the first part of the year? It sure as hell wasn't the coach. It was their attitude.
And, they wanted some revenge on the team that took out Romo.
That piss-poor attitude will keep them losing.

corgifan
November 15th, 2010, 7:41 PM
I'd bet my house that they can't win it out. But a few years ago I'd have also bet my house that the Red Sox wouldn't overcome a 3-0 hole against my beloved Yankees. A week later they were world series champs. We'll see!

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2010, 9:29 PM
I didn't say they would, I said it's possible. They just beat one of the hottest teams in football. No doubt the Giants were overconfident, but Dallas still took it to them.
I think Bob Costas said it best last night - "Wade Phillips is a good man. Why wouldn't they play hard for him, but did so for Jason Garrett?"

cnjbond
November 21st, 2010, 3:52 PM
Don't look now but the Boys are on a winning streak! The jury is still out on Garrett but he's making a case to be the head coach next year. I'd like to see how he handles the Saints on Thanksgiving and how they play against Philly. I have to be honest, I really didn't think he was the answer and would do much but he's doing something right.

corgifan
November 26th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Great comeback, A-typical Cowboy finish. Garrett may just come back next year. He gives the impression of having a heartbeat, unlike Philips. And he's a great 2nd banana to Jerry. No threat to impose his will on the owner.

Spartan
November 26th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Great comeback, A-typical Cowboy finish. Garrett may just come back next year. He gives the impression of having a heartbeat, unlike Philips. And he's a great 2nd banana to Jerry. No threat to impose his will on the owner.

Excuse me, but I think they lost; albeit by a close margin and after a great comeback from a 17 point half-time deficit.

corgifan
November 26th, 2010, 1:02 PM
I think I just said that, didn't I?

dawglover
November 26th, 2010, 1:36 PM
Excuse me, but I think they lost; albeit by a close margin and after a great comeback from a 17 point half-time deficit.

I was impressed with that come back. Had they not stripped the ball from the Dallas receiver the Cowboys would have certainly won the game. They always had the talent. They just had a really bad head coach who, thank God, is now gone. I expect good things from the Cowboys now.

corgifan
November 26th, 2010, 1:43 PM
It was an entertaining comeback. As for the future, I have ZERO faith in Tony Romo. He's been over Jerry-hyped from day one. I'd be looking for a replacement immediately.

cnjbond
November 26th, 2010, 2:51 PM
I'm not a big Romo fan either but he's still a good QB that just can't seem to get over that wall to make him a great QB. The Cowboys will have to do some soul searching this off season on fixing that secondary, Newman may need to switch to safety while he's still got something left in the tank. I couldn't believe how bad he got beat on that 3rd and 10 play...absolutely NO EXCUSE!!! The O-line will probably need 2 or 3 guys to shore it up.

I'm starting to like Garrett more and more after each game but I'm still wondering if the change is due to better coaching or coaching-other-than-Wade.

corgifan
November 26th, 2010, 7:30 PM
Wade had no energy. Every time I saw him on TV it seemed like someone shot him with a tranquilizer dart, before or after a game.

cnjbond
November 29th, 2010, 11:43 PM
My goodness I wish Dallas had moved to the NFC West, that division sucks!

CenTexDave
November 30th, 2010, 9:13 AM
Typical alignment for the NFL.
Kind of like TCU going to the Big East.

cnjbond
November 30th, 2010, 9:51 AM
I know they kept Dallas in the East for the historical rivalries but geeze Louise, that whole division sucks and has been that way for a few years minus the Cardinals Superbowl run and the few good years that the Seahawks had.

gnatsum
November 30th, 2010, 3:47 PM
The Onion had a 'fake' headline (no story) last week that read 'Several NFL Teams Look Into Firing Wade Phillips To Inspire Players" ...

cnjbond
November 30th, 2010, 4:06 PM
I know they kept Dallas in the East for the historical rivalries but geeze Louise, that whole division sucks and has been that way for a few years minus the Cardinals Superbowl run and the few good years that the Seahawks had.
I just reread my post and to clarify, I meant the NFC West division sucks not the NFC East.

TheOldProgrammer
December 1st, 2010, 7:35 AM
I understood what you said initially... obtw; it's generally referred to as the NFC Worst... What's the NFL's excuse for keeping St. Louis in the NFC Worst...is there some hysterical, oops historical, reason there? :smoke

Night Owl
December 1st, 2010, 12:00 PM
Yes there is. They are going to move back to LA.

finalbowser
December 1st, 2010, 1:10 PM
The Onion had a 'fake' headline (no story) last week that read 'Several NFL Teams Look Into Firing Wade Phillips To Inspire Players" ...

LOL I love The Onion.

cnjbond
December 5th, 2010, 7:00 PM
I can't believe that Dallas is just a fumble away from being 4-0 under Garrett. I also can't believe it took the Colts so long to quit trying to run and just throw the ball against the Cowboys. That should have been their game plan from the get go...no huddle, hurry-up offense...oh well their loss...HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!!

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2010, 8:07 PM
Lucked out.

cnjbond
December 5th, 2010, 9:07 PM
But that's how Dallas WAS losing...by being unlucky and not catching any of the breaks they have been since this winning streak started minus the Saints game.

cnjbond
December 20th, 2010, 8:24 PM
The Cowboys defense is in worse shape than I thought. I don't even know where you would start to address the needs since there's so many. Both corners are average at best, the safeties are horrendous both middle LBs are on the serious decline in their careers and might have some life left as backups. I think it might be a good time to look at switching Newman to safety next year because his cover skills (or lack thereof) have done a Houdini and disappeared!

finalbowser
December 20th, 2010, 8:38 PM
I recommend starting by releasing Terrance Newman. He is a terrible, terrible defender.

CenTexDave
December 21st, 2010, 8:28 AM
The entire defense this year has sucked. Start with a new defensive coordinator.
Those superstars like Ware and Ratliff haven't played all that great either.