PDA

View Full Version : what works best?

killeenlifer
February 5th, 2009, 1:12 PM
claritin.....zyrtec......or benadryl........or maybe something else?

sickofpc
February 5th, 2009, 2:22 PM
My doc told me to start taking Wal-Mart brand allergy pills...Equate 24 hour Allergy pills....nondrowsy, one tiny pill for 24 hours..and it works better for me than anything..and is much, much cheaper... :-BD

Proud Texan
February 5th, 2009, 2:45 PM
Honestly some things work good for some people and some work good for others. But all in all find the trade name(name of the actual medicine). And by the generic form. I rarely buy Claritin or Advil. I buy the cheaper version of Claritin(long ass name that I can't remember how to spell it) or Ibuprophen.

FieryPrincess
February 5th, 2009, 6:38 PM
Claritin doesn't do much for me for Allegra-D (not OTC) or Zyrtec (and its many generic derivatives) works just fine.

Claritin works great for my daughter and my son.

My husband needs zyrtec, and needs it at night as opposed to morning.

You just have to experiment some.

jewelr
February 6th, 2009, 10:37 AM
The family dollar store brand works good too and cheap $1.00 a box for what i use.

Sunshine
February 6th, 2009, 7:52 PM
I have been plagued with allergies and they are even worse in Texas. I have tried to use every medicine and I still ended up getting horrible sinus infections, even while using these meds. My doctor introduced me to kenalog shots. It is a steroid that I get twice a year and my allergies are so much better. It isn't for everyone, some people have side effects. For myself and my mom and dad (who are also on it), it has been the best thing. Just wanted to give another option if it is something that your doctor gives.

sickofpc
February 7th, 2009, 2:37 AM
Took the kenalog shots before I started taking my pill a day...they really worked well for me.

YSkool?
February 10th, 2009, 9:04 PM
I use the store brand Benadryl. We also have the store brand Claritin. That seems to work for my husband, but it does nothing for me. I only get results with benadryl. I also get sleepy, but the allergies seem better. I know it helps with allergy-related headaches.

My Mom got allergy shots for a long time several years ago. They helped her immensely! The hassle she had to go through to find out what shots she needed wasn't fun, but once they realized she was allergic to almost everything in the air, she was much better.

Night Owl
February 11th, 2009, 8:03 AM
A hammer :bounce

reader
February 16th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I take the equate brand as well...works as well as Claritin for a lot less money...

Scarlett
February 16th, 2009, 3:01 PM
I take Claritin.
But the army pays for it, so it is cheap as hell... ;))

King_of_kings
February 19th, 2009, 4:47 PM
well me personally, i LOVE the equate brand drugs, cheaper and do the same ( and sometimes better) job than name brand....

most of the people i deal with at work use the crack method.... smoke crack in the morning, again at noon, and again at night, and not worry about those pesky allergies... or food, family, jobs, etc.......