PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Hood/KISD Joint Use Stadium

Rick
October 22nd, 2010, 7:53 AM
Thoughts?

http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=45474

Officials from Fort Hood proposed a partnership last week with the Killeen Independent School District in the rebuilding of the new Prichard Stadium on post.

Killeen ISD Athletic Director Tom Rogers said the stadium, which will seat about 5,500 and is expected to be completed in the spring of 2012, would be welcome as a second site to host in-town games.

Rick
October 22nd, 2010, 7:57 AM
Not sure where this will get more discussion. I moved it here from KISD with a redirect so that people who frequent the KISD and not the sports section will see that it is here.

CenTexDave
October 22nd, 2010, 9:14 AM
I think it's about the dumbest idea that KISD and Fort Hood have come up with.
Why didn't they just keep Fort Hood stadium? No, tear it down for a new hospital!!
Pritchard stadium holds about 5000 people; Leo Buckley holds around 10,000.
Entry and traffic would be a nightmare.
KISD has 4 high school teams. Two can be at home and two on the road in any given week. Play Friday night and play Saturday afternoon or Saturday night. This isn't rocket science.

Spartan
October 22nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
There is land available where a joint-use stadium could be built and where entry/exit would not create a problem. This could be a win-win for Fort Hood and KISD.

Pritchard Stadium is gone. Fort Hood needs a first-class medical facility much more than a second rate stadium which is used only a few times each year.

THEMEANOGRE
October 22nd, 2010, 2:17 PM
I don't see it as a bad thing. As Spartan has pointed out Pritchard Stadium was under utilized. Or another idea that could've been investigated; what about other school district stadia that just happen to be unused for a week?

kantwin
October 22nd, 2010, 2:34 PM
Or another idea that could've been investigated; what about other school district stadia that just happen to be unused for a week?

Huh?

THEMEANOGRE
October 22nd, 2010, 9:29 PM
Like when the Dawgs have a game on the road. I'm certain the Cove school district would rent the Dawg House to KIDS for a week, just to take the pressure off Buckley stadium.

kantwin
October 22nd, 2010, 9:32 PM
That's just crazy talk right there.

THEMEANOGRE
October 23rd, 2010, 5:19 AM
Why so? The stadia in ALL public school districts get rented for plenty of non school activities, as do the school buildings themselves. I cannot count the various SCA events that I've been to at one school or another. Plus, I've seen more than one church meet at a school for various services. The area's girl scout council held a 90th Birthday event at Buckley Stadium several years ago.

Wireman
October 24th, 2010, 12:42 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. I also wouldn't count on an open gate.

THEMEANOGRE
October 24th, 2010, 6:44 AM
If it could be built along the periphery of the post, there could be an outer gate that would be open for the general public. That was the essence of my argument for putting the 5Nov memorial to one side of the main gate or at Victory Corner.