PDA

View Full Version : Kasey Kahne can't wait for the season to end

TheOldProgrammer
October 19th, 2010, 8:25 AM
#9-Kasey Kahne said he felt ill Saturday night, which is why he did not finish the race at Charlotte. Kahne and Richard Petty Motorsports hit yet another rough spot Saturday night when, after his brakes failed, Kahne said he was too ill to continue the race in his damaged Ford. J.J. Yeley completed the race in Kahne's car. Kahne ran a 5k for his charity Sunday morning in downtown Charlotte, finishing that race and smiling after, saying that his stomach was still upset. He said he threw up once Saturday night and didn't feel the need to put forth the effort to get back in a car that didn't meet his standards. Kahne said it was the third time this season his brakes had failed, and second time in three races. He admitted to melting down on the radio, which led many to speculate he refused to get back in the car after his crew made repairs. "I lost it. I was just mad. I came into the race thinking we had a shot to win, thinking we had a good car in practice, we had a good shot," he said. "It went green. We were a little bit tight, but still actually passed cars and really felt good, and then boom, my brakes are gone. It's not like you have half-brakes, like you can pump them. Your foot goes to the floor. It bottoms out. It's a joke."(Yahoo Sports)(10-18-2010)

This little boy is becoming as big a whiner as Kyle Busch, Dale Jr. and a number of others... Having said that; he'll fit in perfectly at Hendricks... :smoke

wolfcub
October 21st, 2010, 7:59 AM
And now he does not have too. Apparently his ranting and tantrum got him released:

•Kahne released from RPM ride UPDATE to #83?: Kasey Kahne was released from Richard Petty Motorsports on Wednesday night, clearing the way for him to join Red Bull Racing for the final five races of the season. RPM announced Kahne was out of the #9 Ford effective immediately, and Aric Almirola would drive the car this weekend at Martinsville Speedway. Almirola had been on NASCAR's entry list to drive the #83 Toyota for Red Bull. But the plans apparently were scrapped after Kahne's blowup Saturday night when his brakes failed at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Kahne exploded in anger on the radio when his brakes failed for the third time this season, second time in two races. It led to a wreck with Sam Hornish Jr., and Kahne refused to get back in the car after it was repaired. He cited illness for not going back on the track, and the team used J.J. Yeley to finish the race.(Associated Press)(10-20-2010)

UPDATE: Kasey Kahne will drive the #83 at Red Bull Racing for the final five races after being released by Richard Petty Motorsports on Wednesday night, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com. Aric Almirola will replace Kahne in the #9 Budweiser Ford at RPM at Martinsville. No plans were announced for the remaining four races, but a source said Kahne's release could pave the way for #47 JTG Daugherty's Marcos Ambrose to move into the car that he will drive full-time next season. That would open the door for #09/71-Bobby Labonte to replace Ambrose in the #47 Toyota he will drive next season. Sources said there were talks before Kahne's release about moving Ambrose into the #9 and Labonte into the #47, but Kahne's sponsorship obligation with Budweiser was a holdup. Kahne announced earlier in the year he will drive for Red Bull Racing in 2011 before moving to Hendrick Motorsports in 2012. Crew chief Kenny Francis, who will move with Kahne to Red Bull next season, told ESPN.com he will be with Almirola this weekend and he expects to remain with the team through the end of the season. "If they want me I will be there,"Francis said. Francis would not elaborate on why Kahne was released, saying it had been in the works all day (ESPN.com)(10-21-2010)

TheOldProgrammer
October 21st, 2010, 8:08 AM
Ya beat me too it ya turkey... He got what he deserved... Now he can join the "Whiners Club" and be with his cohorts Kyle and Jr.

Some say he's a good driver looking for a good team... I say he's a sorry driver looking to find a team that can help him become a good driver...

Here's another link to the story which is probably where Jayski got the story to begin with...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=Atgzz5_yYJPtCFOw2LZRLOnov7YF?slug=ap-nascar-kahne-rpm

I think something like this happened to Kurt Busch just before he left Roush for Penske... :smoke

wolfcub
October 21st, 2010, 8:51 AM
LOL!!! Still the youngin'!!

Hey did you hear the Kyle Busch radio traffic from Charlotte? OMG, what a baby!!!

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2010/post_race/sights_and_sounds/10/18/cup_cha2_sights_sounds.nascar/index.html

TheOldProgrammer
October 21st, 2010, 3:09 PM
t
UPDATE 2: Kasey Kahne's year-plus stay in a Red Bull Toyota starts early and he'll begin driving the #83 this weekend at Martinsville Speedway. Kahne was released from Richard Petty Motorsports on Wednesday night, paving the way for the 30-year-old to drive the #83 in the final five races beginning with Sunday's Tums Fast Relief 500 at Martinsville Speedway. Kahne will drive a Red Bull Toyota full-time in 2011 before moving to Hendrick Motorsports in 2012. "With our agreement only being for one year, there is a great sense of urgency to get started on 2011," said Jay Frye, Red Bull Racing Team's vice president and general manager. "With Kasey coming earlier than planned, we are excited to have a five-race head start."(Red Bull)(10-21-2010)
:smoke

Rick
October 21st, 2010, 3:15 PM
It's funny that the next race is called the Tums Fast Relief. He could have used that last week when he quit because of a supposed stomach ache.