PDA

View Full Version : Dentist Recommendation Please :)

Voice-of-Reason
September 20th, 2010, 10:15 PM
In Killeen/Harker Heights. Thanks! ;)

kantwin
September 20th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Fossum dental, in Market Heights.

Spartan
September 20th, 2010, 10:52 PM
For general dentistry I would recommend Dr.S. Marrero. I have been with him for about six years and have no reason to complain.

ithoughtso
September 21st, 2010, 7:42 AM
Carius dental on W S Young isnt too bad.

Chief
September 21st, 2010, 8:10 AM
Dr John Stephens, Elms Rd, KTX, 699-4127.

JoAnn Purser
September 21st, 2010, 8:51 AM
Dacen Delapaz with Dental Images in Harker Heights.

prideworks
September 21st, 2010, 2:20 PM
Dr John Stephens, Elms Rd, KTX, 699-4127.

ditto on Dr. Stephens, he is awesome

Voice-of-Reason
September 21st, 2010, 8:36 PM
Thanks. It's gonna come down to who accepts my insurance ...

finalbowser
September 21st, 2010, 8:39 PM
Anywhere but Castle Dental. Those jokers kept billing me instead of my insurance company for regular cleanings.

Voice-of-Reason
September 21st, 2010, 8:55 PM
Well, let me get specific actually. I need a bridge. I already had one (I had really bad teeth, still do). Who can handle that?

ithoughtso
September 22nd, 2010, 6:25 AM
Dr. Johnson, carius dental 618-5050

prideworks
September 22nd, 2010, 8:47 AM
Well, let me get specific actually. I need a bridge. I already had one (I had really bad teeth, still do). Who can handle that?

Dr. Stephens built my partial and made very sure it fit correctly. He does not rush and makes sure the work is done right. He is not the cheapest, but he won't gouge you either. He takes the time to explain everything and answer all your questions. And, if he can find a cheaper method that still gives decent quality results, he'll make it happen.

Chief
September 22nd, 2010, 9:19 AM
Dr. Stephens. Outstanding bridge work.

joyohjoy
September 22nd, 2010, 9:37 AM
Carus Dental on WS Young, Dr Baughn

xzochye
September 22nd, 2010, 7:31 PM

Call Marraro(sp?) He does a new type of bridge that is covered by insurance that is great. He is also easy to get into for emergencies!

olderthandirt
September 24th, 2010, 6:14 AM
Dr. Stephens is our dentist. He takes KISD insurance if that helps. We've used his office for years and are very pleased!

dragonfly
September 25th, 2010, 9:31 AM
Dr. Trippe in Harker Heights!!!

jeepnbeep
September 25th, 2010, 11:00 PM
I really like Killeen Dental Clinic on Elms Road. What I like about them is you get seen on time. I haven't waited over 5 minutes. They are very organized, friendly and clean. The tech and dentist is very nice and polite. Love my dentist...just can't remember if it's Dr. Molineux or Dr. Perrin. I am sure both of them are good. The dental tech is also wonderful. She is very personable and seems like she loves her job.

That makes the difference to me. I have gone to other clinics before where people have bad attitudes.

The clinic is located on the corner of Trimmier and Elms Road, right next to Grace Christian Church.

Here's their information:
Killeen Dental Health Center: 405 East Elms Road, Killeen, TX 76542, (254) 519-4700

Voice-of-Reason
September 30th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Stephens didn't have an appointment until December, and the receptionist was a b**ch! I got an appointment with Carus Dental(Dr. Baughn). They're also a preferred provider for extra discounts through my insurance.

Thanks. I'll let you know how that goes.

mb1103
September 30th, 2010, 8:48 PM
Stephens didn't have an appointment until December, and the receptionist was a b**ch! I got an appointment with Carus Dental(Dr. Baughn). They're also a preferred provider for extra discounts through my insurance.

Thanks. I'll let you know how that goes.

My entire family goes to Carus Dental. We used to go to Dr. Stephens but I don't really enjoy waiting months to get dental work done. If I need a filling I don't think it is cool to wait 2 months for another appointment. To me, it just causes the problem to get bigger the longer I have to wait. We all really like Carus. I go to the one on WS Young and both of my kids go to Carus Kids in the Killeen One building. My daughter, also, sees Carus Orthodontics. I really like everyone we've seen.

Voice-of-Reason
October 15th, 2010, 6:54 PM
I went to Dr. Baughn at Carrus. Very nice guy, so was the staff. He explained everything and seemed sincerely concerned and prepared to do what he can to get it all taken care of.

Also, my insurance officially kicks booty! My portion is substantially lower than the full price (I'm talking 70%). Good stuff! :w00t:

corgifan
October 15th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Dr. Fanning on South WS Young. Retired military and simply excellent.

noone
November 9th, 2010, 6:44 PM
I don't know his name but I heard that he was very nice. Just wanted to clarify about Dr. Tripp leaving.

dragonfly
November 14th, 2010, 4:22 PM
Yes, Dr. Trippe is leaving/left but Dr. Winegar is taking over and he is excellent! Wait... No he's not!! No one go there.....

gvls78
November 15th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Dr. Thomas Young on W.S. Young in Killeen is great!!!

TexMexYum
November 16th, 2010, 7:05 PM
Stephens didn't have an appointment until December, and the receptionist was a b**ch! I got an appointment with Carus Dental(Dr. Baughn). They're also a preferred provider for extra discounts through my insurance..

I didn't have a problem with Dr. Stephens, I actually liked him and he did great work, but his office staff was rude and constantly gossiped for the whole waiting area to hear. I changed and have been going to Dr. Voigtel in Belton.

moore254
November 19th, 2010, 7:17 AM
I go to Gentle Touch and they've been amazing.

HS_Teacher
November 20th, 2010, 9:56 AM
I changed and have been going to Dr. Voigtel in Belton.

I too have been going to Dr. Voigtel for 16 years. They are wonderful and the office staff has been very helpful with my KISD dental insurance

jeepnbeep
March 3rd, 2011, 9:54 PM
I love Killeen Dental on Elms Road. They see you right at your appointment time if not earlier. Very organized and the staff particularly the dentist is awesome. Highly recommended. Sorry, I didn't care for Dr. Young on W.S. Young. I thought he was a little careless and was dropping (liquid stuff) on my face during a procedure and didn't bother to clean it up. He and the tech acted like nothing. Plus the caps they put on me came off and was corrected by someone else. I didn't want to go back.

THEMEANOGRE
March 4th, 2011, 6:26 AM
I go to see Dr Belinda Baker in HH. Haven't any complaints, except that she is sooo very short.

thefrizz
March 20th, 2011, 6:55 PM
I have to agree with jeepnbeep. I love Dr. Perrin. Have been with him for several years and works around my teacher schedule to fit me in when I really need to see him. Like when a crown came off unexpectedly, was very empathetic.

corgifan
March 22nd, 2011, 4:43 PM
Dr. Fanning on Stan Schleuter Loop is excellent. Retired Army dentist, very caring, gentle, and doesn't muck around with anything other than what your needs are.