PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Accounts!!!

Rick
September 12th, 2010, 10:12 PM
If you don't want to be a part of this forum any longer, then STOP COMING HERE. Delete it from your bookmarks, homepage, memory, or wherever else this "CRACK of the Internet" entices you to constantly come here.

As a rule, if you have posted messages, we probably won't delete you. We will if you just wanted to look around and haven't posted. But if you posted and regret what you've posted, too bad, that's not our problem. Own your words.

We'll do just fine without you and we don't need your pseudo-drama while you attempt to make your grand exit. And since you are most likely leaving because you think that we suck, we don't care that you are gone.

Spartan
September 12th, 2010, 10:16 PM
A little harsh perhaps but appropriate.

I would be tickled to read what lead up to that though. :)

Rick
September 12th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I usually ask because I am interested, but I usually don't get an answer.

Scarlett
September 13th, 2010, 7:29 AM
Because the two PM's we received this weekend had us laughing and scratching our heads at the same time...it was...WEIRD!

I was almost to post pretty much the same message, but alas, Rick beat me to it..

And on a personal note...nobody will miss the two who sent such weird messages...

Iteachtoo
September 13th, 2010, 9:46 AM
We might not miss um, but it sure makes us wonder!!:)

aggiemama
September 15th, 2010, 4:16 PM
Wowwee what happened?

Mestral
September 15th, 2010, 5:45 PM
Wowwee what happened?

Judging from this statement:

the two PM's we received this weekend had us laughing and scratching our heads at the same time...it was...WEIRD!

Rick and Scarlett seem to have gotten a couple of private messages from one of the board's former users, demanding they remove all of their posts and profile, so there wouldn't be any record they had ever been here. Appears to me, from Rick's post, they had been coming here for quite a while.

While I, too, am curious who it was, it looks like Rick and Scarlett are just going to let that be a mystery.

Rick
September 15th, 2010, 6:51 PM
We have had three requests from people asking to delete them.

I have received other requests, some included cash, to remove Night Owl's account. Those requests did not come from Night Owl. :bluerofl

Scarlett
September 15th, 2010, 6:59 PM
Damn it. If they had sent me that request I would have granted it.

Get smart people, I am the one that can be bribed!!!

Mestral
September 15th, 2010, 7:04 PM

I have received other requests, some included cash, to remove Night Owl's account. Those requests did not come from Night Owl. :bluerofl

Now THAT is good.

Thanks again, Night Owl, for defending the faith.

pioneer
September 16th, 2010, 3:01 AM
And on a personal note...nobody will miss the two who sent such weird messages...

charles grubb?? have seen him on here for awhile

THEMEANOGRE
September 16th, 2010, 4:12 AM
There is no point in guessing. The admins aren't going to tell you if you're right.

Night Owl
September 16th, 2010, 7:33 AM

No need to bribe the admin. Heck if they want me to go that bad they can send me the cash. :thumbsup

cnjbond
September 16th, 2010, 7:39 AM
No need to bribe the admin. Heck if they want me to go that bad they can send me the cash. :thumbsup
Do you take the Star Card?

Night Owl
September 16th, 2010, 7:48 AM
Do you take the Star Card?

CASH ONLY!!!8-;

Mestral
September 16th, 2010, 1:37 PM
charles grubb?? have seen him on here for awhile

Unlikely to be Charles Grubb, as he didn't seem to have any ill feelings when he left here. Just up and disappeared one day, like he landed a job in another city and never had time again for this. (Life happens?)

Last one I recall leaving under duress was Phantom Warrior, which surprised me somewhat. Seems he had a Jeckle and Hyde personality and somewhat explosive temper - which he vented through a lot of PM's and other messages to the admins. If I were to ... that would be my guess.

Scarlett
September 16th, 2010, 2:14 PM
Some people leave because they wish to leave. Some leave because we wished them to. I guess that could explain the unexplained disappearances sometimes.

Texas Immigrant
September 16th, 2010, 6:12 PM
It's our own little piece of the Bermuda Triangle!!

prideworks
September 17th, 2010, 5:47 AM

oh dude, a bribe??!!:bluerofl
that's too funny

prideworks
September 17th, 2010, 5:48 AM
Damn it. If they had sent me that request I would have granted it.

Get smart people, I am the one that can be bribed!!!

ROFL!!

prideworks
September 17th, 2010, 5:49 AM

don't flip out on this man, but if you left, I'd leave....

Night Owl
September 17th, 2010, 7:16 AM
promise!

prideworks
September 17th, 2010, 9:32 AM
promise!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,naw, you'd leave so I would and just come back...:thumbsup8-;:)

Night Owl
September 17th, 2010, 10:06 AM
So in other words you posted an untruth.:)):))

huh7
September 17th, 2010, 1:10 PM
If you don't want to be a part of this forum any longer, then STOP COMING HERE. Delete it from your bookmarks, homepage, memory, or wherever else this "CRACK of the Internet" entices you to constantly come here.

As a rule, if you have posted messages, we probably won't delete you. We will if you just wanted to look around and haven't posted. But if you posted and regret what you've posted, too bad, that's not our problem. Own your words.

We'll do just fine without you and we don't need your pseudo-drama while you attempt to make your grand exit. And since you are most likely leaving because you think that we suck, we don't care that you are gone.

It was not a matter of thinking that the forum sucked, it was a matter of seeing if there was a process to cancel a membership. If people choose to subscribe and they have to give their emails and verify the information, then you would think like most websites, and SPAM that there would be an option to unsubscribe. If you took my desire to leave the forum as an offense, well that is on you to assume like many, we are all titled to opinions. But, because of this post, I have felt enthused to stay and see what the latest hoopla is concerning KISD and their messes.

prideworks
September 17th, 2010, 1:16 PM
So in other words you posted an untruth.:)):))

No, I just have a pretty good idea of what you'd do! :)

prideworks
September 17th, 2010, 1:18 PM
Judging from this statement:

Rick and Scarlett seem to have gotten a couple of private messages from one of the board's former users, demanding they remove all of their posts and profile, so there wouldn't be any record they had ever been here. Appears to me, from Rick's post, they had been coming here for quite a while.

While I, too, am curious who it was, it looks like Rick and Scarlett are just going to let that be a mystery.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but once I post on a discussion board, that input becomes the property of the site.........

Night Owl
September 17th, 2010, 1:29 PM
No, I just have a pretty good idea of what you'd do! :)
I'm glad you think you know me so well by what I post on a forum. You might be surprised.

Rick
September 17th, 2010, 2:29 PM
It was not a matter of thinking that the forum sucked, it was a matter of seeing if there was a process to cancel a membership. If people choose to subscribe and they have to give their emails and verify the information, then you would think like most websites, and SPAM that there would be an option to unsubscribe. If you took my desire to leave the forum as an offense, well that is on you to assume like many, we are all titled to opinions. But, because of this post, I have felt enthused to stay and see what the latest hoopla is concerning KISD and their messes.
I for one an glad when someone decides to stay. You included.

Your request was very simple, not at all confrontational. It was a simple request.

This topic was not directed toward you. There have been other requests recently that did leave is a bit perplexed.

Night Owl
September 17th, 2010, 4:19 PM
Next time I will try English.:)):))

huh7
September 19th, 2010, 2:07 PM
Thanks Rick, I have enjoyed the forum but just found myself with more perplexed issues, again, I will be back, and thanks for clarifying who it was directed toward.