PDA

View Full Version : Cove vs. Southlake Carroll

CenTexDave
August 26th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Tomorrow night at the Dawg Pound.
Cove scrimmaged Abilene last Friday night and played them even. Abilene is ranked #1 in the country in a couple of national polls.
Southlake Carroll, traditional state and national powerhouse, should romp all over them, right? Wrong, read today SLC's QB has been declared ineligible.
I smell an upset at the Pound on Friday night.:)

Wolfdawg
August 27th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Almost lunch on Friday and the committee is still meeting about quarterback's eligibility... Shouldn't they be getting on a bus soon?

Wolfdawg
August 27th, 2010, 1:19 PM
Voted 4-3 to allow him to be eligible. Got to find my cowbell before tonight!

Iteachtoo
August 27th, 2010, 1:59 PM
Good luck to the DAWGS. Beat the crude of South Lake Carroll. Sounds like good ole boy politics letting that quarterback play!!

UofIGuy
August 27th, 2010, 2:10 PM
The ruling was not "good ole' boy politics" that allowed the young man to be eligible this season. The boy had hardship issues, transferred to another school and the Oklahoma authorities ruled, after the season, that he was ineligible. The kid did NOTHING wrong, but it is getting a bad wrap from people like you. The UIL and SLC's district found that the QB was eligible for his senior season and tonight. Let the boy play! All that being said, Go 'Dawgs, Beat Carroll!

Iteachtoo
August 27th, 2010, 2:17 PM
Why thank you Mr. rude man, I was going only on the comments made here, I was not aware this had anything to do with moving around from state to state or district to district. You see, I have been around a long time, and I have seen the "good ole boys" club at work when it came to playing the best they had to play, in a football game; I was wrong this time, I simply assumed this was the case, and we all know what assume means. Remember, It is not what you say, but how you say it. I have probably been following football longer that you have been alive.

CenTexDave
August 27th, 2010, 2:32 PM
The ruling was not "good ole' boy politics" that allowed the young man to be eligible this season. The boy had hardship issues, transferred to another school and the Oklahoma authorities ruled, after the season, that he was ineligible. The kid did NOTHING wrong, but it is getting a bad wrap from people like you. The UIL and SLC's district found that the QB was eligible for his senior season and tonight. Let the boy play! All that being said, Go 'Dawgs, Beat Carroll!

Better read the entire article in the Dallas Morning News. This kid seems to go where his parents think he has the best chance to be noticed. Same thing happened with a kid who played for Cove back in 2004 or so. He was ruled ineligible - period, and the district tried to make Cove forfeit games he played in. The UIL overturned that on appeal, but the kid never played another game for Cove. Why is this one being given a free ride? Because he's from SLC!!

CenTexDave
August 27th, 2010, 7:18 PM
Ho ho ho. The vote was 4 against, 3 for. He's not playing tonight.

RooDawg
August 28th, 2010, 10:07 AM
you need to see the video that brett shipp had during his investigation of this...the family has money (dad has a construction business i believe)...the TWO HOMES (one in oklahoma and one in southlake) look very expensive...and when shipp caught the dad checking his mail from the okl home and taking his boat out was really funny.

CenTexDave
August 28th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I think this is nothing more than a case of the parents wanting the kid to go to high school QB paradise. SLC has put a string of 5 consecutive QB's into the college 1-A ranks, most notably Chase Daniel who starred at Missouri.
But what most everyone fails to realize about last night's game, Cove's starting QB Austin Greene was injured and did not play. Orlando Thomas, who is normally a slotback, took over at QB and was the game's leading rusher.
Cove made the adjustments at halftime. Held SLC to 18 yards of offense in the second half.

RooDawg
August 28th, 2010, 10:48 AM
i noticed that...what happened to greene? will he be able to go next week?

CenTexDave
August 28th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Who cares? I'd be very reluctant to move Orlando Thomas back to slotback.

Iteachtoo
August 28th, 2010, 11:17 PM
I know many a star that has come out of the dark when replacing an injured starter.

CenTexDave
August 28th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Orlando Thomas would have gained a ton from the slot also. That's a potent threesome Cove has - Randolph at RB, Thomas at slotback and Sirmans at wideout.