PDA

View Full Version : Grand Opening: Nu Body Weight Loss Lounge

Rick
July 10th, 2010, 7:56 AM
July 12th is the official opening of the Nu Body Weight Loss Lounge (http://nubodyweightlosslounge.com/).

This features Zerona (http://www.myzerona.com/) which is non-invasive laser technology.

It is located in the HEB shopping center on Trimmier.
2511 Trimmier Road, Suite 160
Killeen, Texas 76542

254.526.SLIM (7546)

corgifan
July 10th, 2010, 7:18 PM
Sorry, but this has scam written all over it.

Rick
July 10th, 2010, 8:49 PM
Care to qualify that remark?

I happen to know the that the person who owns this business has been providing quality spa services to the area for some time now and know that people who use their services are very satisfied.

They have been offering Zerona for several months and I doubt that if it were a scam, that they would be expanding it to its own location.

They undoubtedly have taken a risk in opening another business and you, without providing any facts label it as a scam.

corgifan
July 10th, 2010, 9:51 PM
For one thing, zerona (lol) is akin to snake oil. I never heard of it before, so I did a bit of searching on the web. I couldn't find a single reputable medical website that even mentions it. AMA. JAMA. Mayo Clinic. Web MD. Healthline. Wrong Diagnosis. Health Central. The list goes on and on.

For another thing, "passive exercise?" Their description, exercising on your back, doesn't sound exactly passive! And it doesn't sound exactly like it's going to raise your heart rate to a zone that will facilitate weight loss.

"None (of our techniques) even requires you to break a sweat." Sounds pretty sweet for those that are desperate to lose weight but hate the idea of raising their heart rate or who are unfortunately unable to exercise due to a medical condition.

About the only thing I see on their home page that remotely sounds like it could have any effect on weight loss is sticking to whatever their recommended nutritional plan is.

This is a scam. There is only one way to lose weight, and that is a combination of diet and exercise. I could eat 20 twinkies per day, and if I burn enough calories to surpass the intake I would lose weight. If there was a non-invasive weight loss treatment that really worked there would be no fat doctors or nurses. Let the buyers beware. And I'm sure there will be plenty!

Rick
July 10th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Will you be willing to stand behind you claim with your real name?

Just because it may not work as well as your twinkie diet would, for you, doesn't mean it doesn't work for others.

It's all about lifestyle change and it could give someone the boost to change their lives.

Snow White
July 10th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I've been invited by the owner to give it a whirl Monday, and can't wait to see what it is like! Will let you know what I EXPERIENCE as opposed to what I read online.

Night Owl
July 10th, 2010, 11:31 PM
For one thing, zerona (lol) is akin to snake oil. I never heard of it before, so I did a bit of searching on the web. I couldn't find a single reputable medical website that even mentions it. AMA. JAMA. Mayo Clinic. Web MD. Healthline. Wrong Diagnosis. Health Central. The list goes on and on.

For another thing, "passive exercise?" Their description, exercising on your back, doesn't sound exactly passive! And it doesn't sound exactly like it's going to raise your heart rate to a zone that will facilitate weight loss.

"None (of our techniques) even requires you to break a sweat." Sounds pretty sweet for those that are desperate to lose weight but hate the idea of raising their heart rate or who are unfortunately unable to exercise due to a medical condition.

About the only thing I see on their home page that remotely sounds like it could have any effect on weight loss is sticking to whatever their recommended nutritional plan is.

This is a scam. There is only one way to lose weight, and that is a combination of diet and exercise. I could eat 20 twinkies per day, and if I burn enough calories to surpass the intake I would lose weight. If there was a non-invasive weight loss treatment that really worked there would be no fat doctors or nurses. Let the buyers beware. And I'm sure there will be plenty!

Really? But you believe ever fairy tale that Obama and the dems throw at you. Care to explain.

BillK
July 11th, 2010, 8:04 AM
Do a Google search of Zerona Laser -

It LOOKS like a number of patients do have effective weight loss/"shaping" that occurs. The numbers thatI see are between 30 and 50 percent.

http://www.realself.com/Zerona/reviews

The above is one example web site.

That WOULD be the numbers that one might expect from placebo or just someone trying to watch their weight. What would be interesting would be to see how long the "shaping"/weight loss remained - in other words - one year after the treatments are they still in the same good shape or are they back to what they were before the treatments.

Corgifan has a point - that we all want nirvana - to lose weight without any effort. Even if this program CAN provide that weight loss (which it possibly can) the question is - if the person continues to eat at the same rate they have always eaten then they will be right back to where the adipose stores were again very shortly.

The eating regimen adjustment that this place offers should not be ignored as I suspect it is really mandatory for the weight loss to occur and to keep it off. While that is not exercise, I am sure that it will be the most difficult part of this weightloss.

It should be noted that there are a number of testimonials out there and some MDs at medical schools that are saying that it is "encouraging" but that more study is needed before they can back this system of weight loss:

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/08/painless-procedure-designed-break-down-fat-cells

corgifan
July 12th, 2010, 1:52 PM
Sorry my opinion bothers you all so much. There is no medically recognized procedure which involves simply shining a laser on the skin to initiate or facilitate subcutaneous fat loss. You'd get the same result from shining a maglite flashlight on the person! There is such a thing as laser-assisted lipolysis, but that requires an invasive procedure. Small, but invasive. (I'm wondering why you're crying so hard about this.)
There was a time, not too long ago, when people thought that wearing a copper ring on their wrist relieved them of arthritis pain. See many of them lately?

Rick
July 12th, 2010, 5:46 PM
I just don't like how, from behind an anonymous username, you label someone a scam artist when I know that they work very hard and take risks to provide quality services to the community. (Often with discounts to teachers, I might add.)

Like I said, they have been offering this for some time now, so it must be helping some people for them to be confident enough to expand.

corgifan
July 12th, 2010, 9:10 PM
Ok, I'll concede that they may really believe that the procedure works. They're owners of a spa who read in a trade magazine about a miraculous new procedure which promises fat loss without any invasive procedure, an exercise regimine which does not raise your heart rate to a point which causes you to sweat, and a recommended diet. The fact remains that the technology is unrecongnized and untested. I really tried to find something, anything, written by a true authority on the subject about this new, wonderful procedure. It's not out there. I have no problem with anyone who wants to waste their cash, just let those that are willing to believe anything without doing any research beware! That's all I'll have to say on this subject and the last time I'll visit this thread. You may have the last word. (Weird reference to Obama, Night Owl. Man, are you obsessed!)

Majik
July 28th, 2010, 2:43 PM
corgifan - thier site offers a free trial of the passive exercise, have you or are you willing to try it? Do you know anything more about it? I know most of your thread has been about the zerona but I'm more interested in the passive exercise.

Night Owl
July 29th, 2010, 7:54 AM
(Weird reference to Obama, Night Owl. Man, are you obsessed!)

Nope not obsessed in the least. It seems you are the one obsessed. You believe everything he spouts but then don't believe something like this. I really tried to find something, anything, written by a true authority on the subject about this new, so-called wonderful president. It's not out there.

PwrTrp
August 3rd, 2010, 9:11 AM
NUBody is now offering massage! Massages can be added to Zerona packages or purchased individually. For a Grand Opening Special they are offering chair massages for a $1.00 a minute! Call and schedule and mention that you heard about it on the blog!