PDA

View Full Version : wart remover?

pheonix07
June 7th, 2010, 9:56 PM
Do any of these things work? I have a little tiny wart and I was just wondering if I should go to the Dr. to get it removed?

BillK
June 7th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Do any of these things work? I have a little tiny wart and I was just wondering if I should go to the Dr. to get it removed?

Wart remover work just fine - the question is going to be - where is the wart - do not use this on any cosmet surface or near the eyes or genitals.

The salicylic acid works fine - there are other types of wart removers as well - there is a "freezing" type that you can now get over the counter I believe.

It certainly costs you nothing to try removing it yourself - providing it is in a safe place.

Scarlett
June 8th, 2010, 12:37 AM
My daughter had one on her thumb that NO over the counter remedy would begin to work on. Finally just went to the doctor and it was an easy fix. Wasted too much time messing with the over the counter on hers.

HOWEVER, my son had one on his leg and we were able to get rid of it. Best advice if you do use the over the counter salicylic acid...after you apply the medication, cover it with duct tape. Seriously.

CenTexDave
June 8th, 2010, 6:39 AM
My son had a bunch of warts pop up on his hands when he was around 4 years old. Couldn't believe it, and I don't know what he got into to cause it. That salicylic acid was the main ingredient in some medicine he gave us to put on them twice daily and some special tape to cover them. It seems fruitless at first, but one morning he woke up, we peeled the tape off and they were all gone.

Scarlett
June 8th, 2010, 9:52 AM
Special tape is duct tape in disquise!

CenTexDave
June 8th, 2010, 6:55 PM
Burn'em off. Use a cigarette. I've done it before. You hardly feel it. And when you do finally feel it the wart has been destroyed. Then just pick at it until it's gone.

christine
June 8th, 2010, 8:23 PM
Special tape is duct tape in disquise!

hey do you think "special tape" could remove Dave??
just a thought. lol

circle_c
June 9th, 2010, 8:36 AM
I would imagine that the amount of :drinking he has had would be the determining factor on whether the tape would stickk or not.

CenTexDave
June 9th, 2010, 5:56 PM
Nope, special tape won't work on me.
But it would work on Christine who is nothing but one big wart.

christine
June 9th, 2010, 6:26 PM
Nope, special tape won't work on me.
But it would work on Christine who is nothing but one big wart.

that's right! I'd forgoten your a boil on the but of flea bitten goat. yep, tape won't work on you
rlof!

CenTexDave
June 9th, 2010, 7:10 PM
Geez, keep trying. You almost made a joke.

BillK
June 9th, 2010, 8:03 PM
Only on THIS forum could we have thread drift in HEALTH BEAUTY AND WELLNESS <grin>