PDA

View Full Version : Autism Speaks 400 Discussion Thread

wolfcub
May 11th, 2010, 8:15 AM
Anyone else notice that the names of these races are getting REALLY long??

Autism Speaks 400 presented by Hershey's Milk & Milkshakes :wub

TheOldProgrammer
May 11th, 2010, 8:29 AM
That seems to be the trend doesn't it? I miss the good old days...Southern 500, Rebel 500, Daytona 500, Firecracker 400, etc. And it signified the number of miles run not kilometers, laps and the like! :smoke

kantwin
May 11th, 2010, 5:19 PM
The good ol' days were nice.
I believe that at the short tracks, the number signified the number of laps.
I couldn't imagine doing 1000 laps at Bristol for the Goody's 500...

TheOldProgrammer
May 12th, 2010, 7:47 AM
I will concede the laps thingy at Bristol and other short tracks but the point is that NA$CAR has lost track of it's roots... They're all about money now and it's starting to catch up with them in the form of lower TV ratings, fewer people showing up for the races, etc. :smoke

Night Owl
May 12th, 2010, 7:57 AM
Too many stinking rules. It is a race. The one that doesn't make a lick of sense is if a car goes a lap down then they should have to drive to make the lap up and NOT get a free pass. The cars on the lead lap are put at a disadvantage.

wolfcub
May 13th, 2010, 10:01 AM
I do not understand why NASCAR still does not get that snoozer tracks like Cali and Texas are not good. Bring on more Bristol, Martinsville, Richmond and Dover tracks.

TheOldProgrammer
May 13th, 2010, 3:27 PM
I don't think it's that as much as it is Bruton Smith threatening to take them to court every time he doesn't get his way... I believe he actually took NA$CAR to court to get the second Texas race... :smoke

kantwin
May 13th, 2010, 5:48 PM
I don't think Texas is THAT boring.
California - now there's a boring race. Sure isn't exciting at all when the leader has a 30 second lead on 2nd place. . . through the entire race.