PDA

View Full Version : Darlington Discussion Thread

wolfcub
May 5th, 2010, 8:13 AM
Does Tony get back on track this week or still have his sophomore slump??

TheOldProgrammer
May 5th, 2010, 8:30 AM
You pose a good question... I've been thinking 'sophomore slump' for the past few weeks myself... Let's hope he does before he finds himself in real deep Panda Poop (pc for that 4-letter s-word)... I don't seem to remember him having a 'sophomore slump' during his second season; in fact I believe he moved from finishing 3rd in his rookie year to 2nd...

Interesting article here... One of the comments says that he tends to start slow and finish strong; something I forgot.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles/post/What-s-shaking-with-Tony-Stewart-these-days-;_ylt=AndcTtMMLQDW0JlzTX2Kg1jov7YF?urn=nascar,2386 28
:smoke

wolfcub
May 5th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I agree, he does not usually take-off till Summer when tracks get slippery but he also usually just hangs in the top 10, so far he has been lucky to get out of each track with a top 16.

ethelm
May 5th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I agree, Tony has always been a slow starter, but I can't remember a year when he has been doing so poorly. Hopefully with warmer weather, we'll see the real Smoke come alive!!!

wolfcub
May 10th, 2010, 6:29 AM
Guess the sophomore slump comtinues!! :((

TheOldProgrammer
May 10th, 2010, 7:06 AM
And, as if that's not bad enough, he's losing a sponsor next season... Old Spice is going away after an 11 year relationship... Proctor and Gamble claims they've changed their marketing model... IMHO; it's cost... :smoke

kantwin
May 10th, 2010, 5:14 PM
I was counting on him. . . . Ah, well.

TheOldProgrammer
May 11th, 2010, 7:58 AM
Don't give up on him; he'll turn it around... :smoke