PDA

View Full Version : Colon cleanse and detox program

cityboy
April 25th, 2010, 8:56 AM
OK, Joanne's post on coconut oil prompted me to add this: I fairly recently completed a six-week detoxification and colon cleanse program. Supposed to clean you out real good and get rid of nasty toxins and all that. One of the ingredients in the concoction that you drink every night is liquid clay (two ounces). Liquid clay is supposed to attract and bind with built-up toxins as it passes through. One thing it also supposedly does is help gum disease (reduce, prevent, eliminate?). Well ... I have gum disease and go to the dentist three times a year for brutal cleaning sessions to keep it under control. I've even had the deep-cleaning done twice, where they numb one side of my mouth and peel back the gums to clean real good, then do the same with the other side.

So ... I go to the dentist a couple weeks ago and my cleaning is over in 10 minutes. No muss, no fuss. No brutal digging and scraping. No sandblasting with that little mini power-washer thing. When the hygienist broke out the polish and I realized she was finished already, I said:

"Wow, that was easy, wasn't it."
"Yes, it was."
"I guess I must be doing somethin' right," I said, because I usually feel guilty for not flossing and water-picking like I'm supposed to.
"What are you doing different?" she said.
The clay immediately popped into my head, but I didn't want to get into a long explanation, so I just said, "Well, I'm eating better."

Sorry for going on and on, but apparently the stuff really works. I've got other instances of how nutrition and natural healing and stuff have worked for me in recent months, but I'm tired of talking, and I'm sure y'all are plenty tired of listening ... :-B