PDA

View Full Version : Massage School

Scarlett
April 23rd, 2010, 6:25 PM
I love getting a massage, but since getting divorced my budget is...well...not a lot of room for simple pleasures like that anymore...BUT, the new massage school in Killeen on Elms Road, between Trimmier and WS Young, does one hour massages for only $25! Jennifer at Rain Skin and Body recommended it to me, and I have been going every week now.

Just thought I would share this little secret with the rest of you!

~S~

Msradar
April 23rd, 2010, 11:15 PM
Name of said school, Scarlett?

THEMEANOGRE
April 24th, 2010, 5:54 AM
Yes, please share this essential information.

Scarlett
April 24th, 2010, 7:59 AM
Can't think of the name off the top if my head but their number is 616-2255.

cityboy
April 24th, 2010, 9:14 AM
I'm callin' next week! :-B

Crosswind81
April 24th, 2010, 4:49 PM
Just had one...what a bargain! And she was awesome....

dragonfly
April 24th, 2010, 6:33 PM
Are you alone or in a room full of people? I've heard stories of the other school!!!

Scarlett
April 24th, 2010, 6:58 PM
Just had one...what a bargain! And she was awesome....

Haha...was it the tiny little lady? She packs a punch if you had her!

Scarlett
April 24th, 2010, 6:59 PM
Are you alone or in a room full of people? I've heard stories of the other school!!!

Room of people...but honestly, as weird as that SOUNDS and all that...you don't even notice...

THEMEANOGRE
April 24th, 2010, 9:33 PM
I've had them both ways. It truly makes no difference. In the room full of people, they generally have portable walls dividing the various cubicles for modesty's sake, but it allows the instructors to move around easier without disturbing the sessions.
I have fewer concerns about modesty than most because I don't generally peel more than I need for the work to be done. Plus, anymore I wear clothing that is easy to work through.

cityboy
April 25th, 2010, 8:40 AM
Room of people...but honestly, as weird as that SOUNDS and all that...you don't even notice...

Did you get completely nekkid for the massage? (just wondering, since it's not a private room)

Scarlett
April 25th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Haha...somethings need not be answered cityboy...

cityboy
April 25th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I wasn't trying to be a pig, really! Just wondering what the norm is for that set-up. I normally get undressed for a massage, but it is in a private room ...

THEMEANOGRE
April 25th, 2010, 12:45 PM
The best approach, IMO, is dress so the person can work the necessary areas, but you can still evacuate with little effort. Tight jeans with a button down shirt and high lace up boots are non contenders in my book.

Scarlett
April 25th, 2010, 10:24 PM
I do not like to get a massage while dressed. 'Nuff said. :-$

THEMEANOGRE
April 26th, 2010, 4:41 AM
My point, if you only want your back worked there's no real point to peeling below the waist. Plus, when I was still working most of the time we ran out of time before the therapist got finished. That was why I never undertook to do massage therapy for a living. Because in order to make money at it a person must work against the clock, but when I do that sort of thing I get done when I get done and I'm NOT going to release someone UNTIL I am done.

My idea of a proper theraputic massage is, "Okay Helga, get me on the table and beat the crap out of me!" When I'm hurting I want the pain goooone.
I generally give a therapist 5 minutes to be massaging the backside of my chest. If they can do that I'll go back to them. I appreciate someone who can work deep quickly.
On the other hand, if erotic pleasure is the point of the exercise, then a loooong slow massage is okay.

cityboy
April 26th, 2010, 5:17 AM
I do not like to get a massage while dressed. 'Nuff said. :-$

That answers my question. 'Nuff said :-)

Scarlett
April 26th, 2010, 10:40 AM
My point, if you only want your back worked there's no real point to peeling below the waist. Plus, when I was still working most of the time we ran out of time before the therapist got finished. That was why I never undertook to do massage therapy for a living. Because in order to make money at it a person must work against the clock, but when I do that sort of thing I get done when I get done and I'm NOT going to release someone UNTIL I am done.

My idea of a proper theraputic massage is, "Okay Helga, get me on the table and beat the crap out of me!" When I'm hurting I want the pain goooone.
I generally give a therapist 5 minutes to be massaging the backside of my chest. If they can do that I'll go back to them. I appreciate someone who can work deep quickly.
On the other hand, if erotic pleasure is the point of the exercise, then a loooong slow massage is okay.

This kinda grosses me out...do we need to over analyze EVERYTHING?

If ya want a good, affordable, hour long, FULL BODY MASSAGE, call them. If not, don't. 'Nuff said.

Texas Immigrant
April 26th, 2010, 2:57 PM
Are there dividers so you're not showing everyone your bare back?

Scarlett
April 26th, 2010, 4:12 PM
Are there dividers so you're not showing everyone your bare back?

Ok, you go in a big room, it is all curtained off...so you get "undressed to your level of comfort" and under the sheet face down on your bed. Then they come and open the curtains...and you get a massage. Nobody is looking up and around...so really only the massage therapists see your back.

I guess I am just not shy about that after going to see doctors in Europe...we Amerians are so much more scared of nudity! :-$

Night Owl
April 26th, 2010, 4:16 PM
Scared, hmmmm. Modest is the word I would use.

Texas Immigrant
April 26th, 2010, 5:28 PM
...I guess I am just not shy about that after going to see doctors in Europe...we Amerians are so much more scared of nudity! :-$

If I had a body like yours, I wouldn't be so "scared". I just don't want to scare anyone else!!

corgifan
April 26th, 2010, 9:38 PM
About 15 years ago there were a lot of massage schools along Business 190 in Harker Heights.

THEMEANOGRE
April 27th, 2010, 4:13 AM
Those were Modelling Parlors. And the Massage School is a WHOLE different critter from a Massage PARLOR. The idea has matured quite a bit from the 1950s. Today the theraputic massage CLINIC can play an important role in a person's health care.

THEMEANOGRE
April 27th, 2010, 4:20 PM
This kinda grosses me out...do we need to over analyze EVERYTHING?

If ya want a good, affordable, hour long, FULL BODY MASSAGE, call them. If not, don't. 'Nuff said.

What about my post grosses you out?
I don't over analyze ANYTHING. However, I do try to use my head before I do things and try to make things simpler for everyone involved. In the world in which I live that is considered simple common courtesy.

FieryPrincess
April 29th, 2010, 6:27 AM
I just always hated to hear,

"Oh Mrs. ********!!!! My son/daughter just LOVES your class!" as I lay there with naught but a sheet between me and them.

Ugh!

prideworks
April 29th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I just always hated to hear,

"Oh Mrs. ********!!!! My son/daughter just LOVES your class!" as I lay there with naught but a sheet between me and them.

Ugh!

Nooooooooo, there would have to be more than a divider for me. I'm very funny about my privacy. I get a theraputic massage once a month. That, and my chripractor, play a large part in not having to be on meds for my fibromyalgia.

Majik
July 28th, 2010, 3:01 PM
Didn't see the name ever posted, the School's name is New Beginnings School of Massage. It is run by Ted Kennit. I was turned on to them by my friend. She tells everyone about this place and speaks very highly of Ted.