PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs

xzochye
April 19th, 2010, 8:51 PM
Is anyone following the playoffs? Who are you cheering on?

siamcat
April 19th, 2010, 9:06 PM
I'm following the NHl playoffs, cheering on the Wings, even though I want to beat them all over the heads after the last game.

cnjbond
April 20th, 2010, 6:00 PM
Is anyone following the playoffs? Who are you cheering on?
Which playoffs are you talking about? Basketball or Hockey?

xzochye
April 20th, 2010, 6:06 PM
Sorry, basketball. I didn't realize hockey ws going on at the same time.

cnjbond
April 20th, 2010, 7:44 PM
I'm pulling for the Mavs but if they don't make it, I hope the Cavs pull it off.

Night Owl
April 20th, 2010, 10:34 PM
I thought March Madness was over with Duke declared the winner.

xzochye
April 21st, 2010, 7:30 AM
NBA Playoffs. I am going for the Spurs.

Rick
April 21st, 2010, 8:11 PM
NBA = Go Cavs

One more playoff note. The Texas Stars are in the playoffs in this their first year of existance. They lead the first round series 2-0 and are playing game 3 tonight. If they make it to round 2, I plan on going to a game. Maybe even try to get a group rate if there's enough interest. Going to have to act fast though.

cityboy
April 28th, 2010, 2:22 PM
Man, the NBA used to be my favorite, but I can't even watch it anymore. I tried watching some of this season's playoffs. Can't do it. Don't care. Maybe it's because I haven't been following pro hoops and don't really know the players very well. But it's sure not like it used to be ...

CenTexDave
April 28th, 2010, 7:22 PM
Supposedly King James has a hurt right arm. Sounds like a psych job to lull Boston to sleep. We'll see when he puts up 40 against the Celtics on Saturday night!!

Rick
April 28th, 2010, 9:07 PM
Ya, I saw that lame left handed free throw. Looked like he was acting big time.

CenTexDave
May 2nd, 2010, 9:45 PM
When I'm wrong I admit it.
LeBron didn't put up 40 on the Celtics the other night. He "only" managed 35!!:))
Picked up his second consecutive MVP trophy today. The guy is from another galaxy.

cnjbond
May 3rd, 2010, 7:13 AM
When I'm wrong I admit it.
LeBron didn't put up 40 on the Celtics the other night. He "only" managed 35!!:))
Picked up his second consecutive MVP trophy today. The guy is from another galaxy.

That was big of you Dave to admit being wrong...lol. You're right, Lebron is a beast!!! I hope they sweep the Celtics, I can't stand those clowns!

CenTexDave
May 3rd, 2010, 10:49 PM
A sweep is out as the Celtics cruised big time tonight.
Is it just me, or were the Cavs better when Shaq was injured and not playing? J.J. Hickson, supposedly a small forward, was used at center and played great. Shaq is old, slow and a shell of his former self. Z appears even slower.

cnjbond
May 4th, 2010, 9:37 AM
Shaq is definitely more of a liablility than an advatage...just ask the Suns!

CenTexDave
May 4th, 2010, 11:45 AM
If I was Mike Brown I'd bench both Shaq and Z. I'd start Hickson at center and bring Andy Varejeo off the bench first. Shaq was brought in to try and counter Superman (Dwight Howard) of the Orlando Magic. Howard's been getting into a lot of foul trouble in the past few games. So Shaq against him should be a good match up. Z can't hang with Howard, but when Howard goes to the bench then bring in Z or Hickson. But if the Cavs don't get their heads out of their butts they'll never meet the Magic. Boston is not dead by any means.

cnjbond
May 12th, 2010, 5:56 AM
What the heck is going on with the Cavs?

cityboy
May 12th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Saw that this morning on ESPN. The Celtics must be pretty darn good!

CenTexDave
May 12th, 2010, 5:33 PM
The two teams split the season's series, each winning two.
Don't know what's wrong with the Cavs. Not like them to lose so badly on their home court.
Like I said in an earlier post, they were playing better when Shaq was hurt and Z had been traded.

CenTexDave
May 14th, 2010, 6:19 AM
The Cavs are gone, and I imagine LeBron is gone. He's now a free agent and I seriously doubt he'll resign with Cleveland. Try as they might, they just couldn't put a team together around him that can win it all.

cnjbond
May 14th, 2010, 6:46 AM
Sad, sad, sad...that's what happens when you change your regular season roster up for the playoffs!!!

And when noone can hit the broadside of a barn

CenTexDave
May 14th, 2010, 9:00 AM
I agree. They should have stuck with what they had. 61 regular season wins with a patched up roster. The trade for Jamison stunk. He didn't do a thing for them.

cnjbond
May 16th, 2010, 7:04 AM
I saw this on a Facebook post...price less:

MISSING: Lebron R JAMES, Cleveland, OH Age 25-DOB 12/30/84. Reported missing 5/11/10. Last seen being taken to school by Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics. Not heard of since Nike stopped running puppet commercials. Last seen wearing false crown. James may be in need of medical attention for SAS (sudden apathy syndrom......e). Any info helping authorities find James or his game-contact 1-800-brick-23

CenTexDave
May 16th, 2010, 11:15 AM
They quit playing in that game. The best player on the planet, surrounded by aging ex-superstars, couldn't pull it out.

cnjbond
May 16th, 2010, 6:21 PM
Wow, Boston maybe legit. The game wouldn't have been nearly as close if they hadn't shut it down towards the midway point of the 4th quarter. Looks like Orlando is going to have to ride Vince Carter and Nelson. Howard just couldn't get it going until the end of the game, maybe some of that had to do with the long layoff...we shall see come game 2.

CenTexDave
May 17th, 2010, 9:43 PM
Orlando in 6.

cnjbond
May 18th, 2010, 6:48 AM
Wow that's a bold prediction, I'll save mine 'til after game 2. :)

cityboy
May 18th, 2010, 10:04 AM
The first game I've had any interest in watching was last night's Suns-Lakers. Why does having Steve Nash on the floor suddenly turn an NBA game into something worth watching (for me)? Maybe because he actually plays basketball? Kobe Bryant plays basketball, too, I guess, but I can't stand him. C'mon, Suns, please beat the stinkin' Lakers ...

cnjbond
May 18th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Boston in 5!!!!

CenTexDave
May 20th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Incredible. Like many, I thought the Celtics were run down and too old.

CenTexDave
May 23rd, 2010, 12:17 PM
The Celtics have now made a believer of me. Last night's blowout was incredible.
Hope they can beat the Lakers.
ABL (anybody but the Lakers)!!