PDA

View Full Version : Baby, I need Sleep!!!

christine
April 8th, 2010, 7:52 AM
ok for those who don't know I have a 6month old baby.:)
for the most part he is a very happy child however he still does not sleep through the night.:((:((:((
his schedule is pretty normal. he plays all day (very active) but naps at most maybe 2hours but usually less than that and normally not consecutively. so the issue is not from him sleeping to much during the day.
in the evening I’m home with him by 6pm we play he's feed cereal or other baby food. then by 8:00pm he usually settles down and he gets a bottle. normally out by 9pm...sometimes with a fight lol
on a good night he’s not up till 12 or 1am. then usually I’m able to get him back to sleep within a few minutes. he then sleeps till 4:30-5 am.
yes he has been sleeping in his own room, since he was 3 months, and no he rarely sleeps with us in the bed.
So if ANY ONE HAS HINTS TO GET HIM SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT I’m all ears!!!!!

Spartan
April 8th, 2010, 9:06 AM
When my girls figured out that their caterwauling during the night would not bring them any gratification they decided that it's more fun to stay asleep. Yeah, I know, "CHILD ABUSE?" I used to spank them with the Dr. Spock book. But hey... they never had ADHD.

christine
April 8th, 2010, 11:15 AM
tried that...it just gets even worse.

it's not that he's in a bad mood or anything. sometimes he just gets wet or is wide awake.

xzochye
April 8th, 2010, 12:52 PM
When my girls figured out that their caterwauling during the night would not bring them any gratification they decided that it's more fun to stay asleep. Yeah, I know, "CHILD ABUSE?" I used to spank them with the Dr. Spock book. But hey... they never had ADHD.

What in the world does that ADHD comment have to do with anything?

stormy
April 8th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I have to agree with Spartan on this one (wow, did I just say that? :) ) Go in, make sure he's ok, change him if needed, lay him back down and walk out. Let him cry a while, go in, check on him, and do it over and over again until he gets that it's night night time and it's time to sleep. I know what ya mean about getting worse. My son was and is still that same way. He will cry and carry on FOREVER and gets madder and madder as he goes. It just takes persistence, time, and lots of patience.

siamcat
April 8th, 2010, 7:01 PM
I have to agree with Spartan on this one (wow, did I just say that? :) ) Go in, make sure he's ok, change him if needed, lay him back down and walk out. Let him cry a while, go in, check on him, and do it over and over again until he gets that it's night night time and it's time to sleep. I know what ya mean about getting worse. My son was and is still that same way. He will cry and carry on FOREVER and gets madder and madder as he goes. It just takes persistence, time, and lots of patience.

That's what I did with my daughter. For a while I camped on the couch so I would not bother my hubby. Checked if she was wet,checked the time to see if it was feeding time, and then put her down. It got worse for a bit, but after 2 or 3 weeks she got on a night schedule and slept from about 10pm to 5am in one stretch. She was about 4 month old at the time.

CenTexDave
April 8th, 2010, 10:01 PM
A shot of Jack Daniels in his 9PM bottle should do the trick.:)

christine
April 8th, 2010, 10:44 PM
A shot of Jack Daniels in his 9PM bottle should do the trick.:)
WTF?!? I hope your kidding.

I guess I'll try letting him cry. but everyone keep the advice coming. I apricate it!

CenTexDave
April 9th, 2010, 4:40 AM
Of course I'm kidding.
It was nine months until my daughter finally slept through the night. No big deal. Get used to it.