PDA

View Full Version : Oscar and Rocky need a new home

Scarlett
March 27th, 2010, 9:50 PM
For reasons I don't care to get into, I can no longer take care of my boys...and am trying to find them a new home.

It sounds easier than it is, because I do not want them separated. Seems a lot of people are willing to take one or the other...but they are best friends, and I do not want them taken away from each other.

Oscar is 3 years old now, a pure bread Beagle. He has been fixed and has had all his shots. He has a microchip and his registration is current as well.

Rocky is Oscar's dog and is a year old now. He has all his shots but has not been fixed because he never went all "Alpha male" like Oscar did.

They are kennel trained at night, and prefer to sleep together in the same kennel. They know Dr. Buckley and his staff very well...their pictures are in the ads for the good doc here on this site. I can email you more pictures if you need.

If any of you know of any family that has more time than mine does, who would be a good fit for my boys, please PM me and let me know. I hate that I need to do this, but we simply do not have the time and energy that they need. My "travel season" is fast approaching and they need a happy home!

Thanks,

Scarlett

Scarlett
March 27th, 2010, 9:54 PM
Ohh...forgot to mention the obvious...they are great with kids and know how to take a whooping from a cat....

Texas Immigrant
March 27th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Did you check out the 2nd Chance website, they have a place you can post pictures of the pups.

Night Owl
March 27th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Would love to have them but I have 4. Good Luck!

CenTexDave
March 27th, 2010, 10:33 PM
I know it's breaking your heart, Scarlett. I hope you can find a home that will take them both together.

siamcat
March 28th, 2010, 4:34 PM
Good luck.
It must be sad to have to let them go. I can't imagine having to give up mine.:rose

poundpup
March 28th, 2010, 10:51 PM
I am sorry to hear that, Scarlet. You can post them in the MatchMaker forum on the centex website:
http://www.centexhumanesociety.com/phpbb/

I hope you can find someone to take the both of them. You may try to contact one of the senior homes in the area. We just had one of our seniors adopted by a senior home in Belton. I know they are not seniors, but there may be someone who not only loves dogs but knows how to deal with them... and if they can find a whole home of people to pay attention to them... just a thought. Or maybe daycares???

Janet
March 29th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Would love to have them but I have 4. Good Luck!

I'm in the same boat, NO. I have 4 also. I can't afford to care for any more considering what their food and vet care costs, even tho they are all on "wellness plans' with the vet. Plus I live in the suburbs of Phoenix.

Scarlett
April 5th, 2010, 9:58 PM
Found them a perfect home....stay at home army wife...recently had her beagle die...family has been looking to find another beagle, and she is excited to take Oscar's BFF as well. She will be back in town on the 26th to meet them, and has been sharing texts and pictures and feels like family already!
I am sooooo grateful to have found someone that is willing to love both my boys. Takes a load off my mind.
Thanks to everyone who helped.

siamcat
April 5th, 2010, 10:24 PM
I'm so happy for you that you found a good home for them.

bbh
April 5th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Glad you found a good home for the kids. They are family, aren't they?

CenTexDave
April 5th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Good work, Scarlett. What are you doing with Miss Kitty??

Scarlett
April 6th, 2010, 8:21 AM
Miss Kitty stays...she takes care of herself and doesn't need the attention the dogs need...when she wants loving she seeks out whoever she is in the mood to tolerate. I just felt so guilty about not having the time and energy to keep up with the boys...so I am happy that I could find them a place where they will get the love and attention they need, and still be together! (That was the biggest challenge!)