PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Weight Loss Benefit

Rick
February 17th, 2010, 9:01 PM
My current term life insurance is close to the end of its term, so I was researching my options. I was getting an online quote today and the site asked my height and weight. I am currently 5'8" 185 pounds. A $250,000 10 year level term with USAA will cost $27.90 per month. So just for the hell of it, I decided to enter my former weight, 235 pounds, into the calculator. The monthly premium would be, $52.07. Almost twice as much.

I never realized there would be such a difference.

My wife got a kick out of me checking the cost if I lost 10 and 20 more pounds....no change in the cost...haha

THEMEANOGRE
February 17th, 2010, 9:06 PM
Way to go, Rick!:thumbsup Ya jus' hadda know there'd be unexpected bennies.

Scarlett
February 17th, 2010, 9:09 PM
Unexpected NON-benefit...I was in the cold today on a field trip and all the other teachers kept telling me that the reason I was the only cold one was because I needed more "meat on my thighs." HUMPH! (My legs were really cold...darn it...)

THEMEANOGRE
February 17th, 2010, 9:13 PM
I tried ta tell ya. :13: ;) :-* :rose

Can you contact me off forum. I have some materials in which you may be interested.

Rick
February 17th, 2010, 9:54 PM
Unexpected NON-benefit...I was in the cold today on a field trip and all the other teachers kept telling me that the reason I was the only cold one was because I needed more "meat on my thighs." HUMPH! (My legs were really cold...darn it...)
Ya but, you'll appreciate it in Summer.

MO, I honestly never thought about the cost of insurance difference. But it does make sense. Over the ten year term, that's more the $3,000 dollars not spent. Of course, if I live another ten years, it's all wasted...:))

THEMEANOGRE
February 18th, 2010, 4:45 AM
Yeah, isn't insurance such a scam? Imagine convincing anyone to bet against themselves.

Rick
February 18th, 2010, 5:21 AM
I'm not going to call it a scam. I like having lunch once in a while...:bluerofl

THEMEANOGRE
February 18th, 2010, 5:32 AM
I never said it wasn't without merit. But insurance really is a scam. One of the reasons NASA actually agreed to utilize serving military pilots in the space program was because at the dawn of space flight even Lloyds of London wouldn't cover that venture. But the astronauts still had their SGLI.