PDA

View Full Version : Water Spots on Shower Glass Door

Rick
March 16th, 2009, 1:06 AM
Here's a tip to start things off in this topic.

Ok I admit that I have only tested this once, but, it did work. We had been in the new house for a couple months and had not thought about the accumulating water spots on the shower door. So one evening, I tried the usual culprits, glass cleaner, but it didn't do a very good job. So I was looking through the kitchen cabinet and saw the little of bottles of Jet Dry and thought, why not try. Wiped it on, some spots came off immediately, I put a more generous amount on the entire glass, waited until morning and all of the spots were gone.

Now we just squeegee the shower after each use and occasionally spray the cultured marble with car wax for a clean shower.

I am wondering if anyone else has tried this.

Scarlett
March 16th, 2009, 7:50 AM
Ohhhh I could KISS YOU.
I have been trying to figure out what to use. Scrubbing Bubbles works...sort of....but I am off to try this now!

Army Sarge
March 16th, 2009, 8:25 AM
CLR always did the trick for me...

Scarlett
March 16th, 2009, 8:50 AM
Typical Army guy....CLR or evergreen for everything. (Is it evergreen? I can't remember what it is called...quite sure I have a case of that **** somewhere in the garage...)

Army Sarge
March 16th, 2009, 8:51 AM
Simple green dammit!!!! It's the wonder drug of cleaners....

Scarlett
March 16th, 2009, 9:02 AM
Haha....I knew YOU would know what I was talking about....:thumbsup

Never met a true army guy who didn't swear by that stuff!

babyblue
March 16th, 2009, 9:58 AM
I had a custodian once tell me she added vinegar to her window cleaner to make the stainless steel sinks in our school shine without water spots. She said she uses the mixture at home on her sinks, in her bathroom and on her windows. It has worked for me and is cheap.

CenTexDave
March 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Vinegar works great.
Also for cleaning car windows, or even windows in your house, put a tablespoon of vinegar in a spray bottle with just water and use crumpled up newspapers to wipe off. (For those that still subscribe to the Kommunist Daily Herald this is a great way to finally get some good use out of that rag instead of just lining your cat's litter box or parrot's bird cage.)
Simple Green is great, but buy the large jug and mix it yourself, that way you can make it super strong or not so strong. Lime-Away also works good (along the lines of CLR).

stormy
March 16th, 2009, 3:59 PM
I agree. Vinegar does work great, and using the newspaper does work the best. I'll also run my dishwasher (empty) with a cup or so of vinegar. It breaks up the hard water minerals so your dishes come out nice & shiny!

Haha! Simple Green--the army's clean-all solution! Kinda like 800 Motrin -- the army's favorite prescription! Every army household has to have a thing of Simple Green and a big ol' bottle of 800 Motrin. :thumbsup

Scarlett
March 16th, 2009, 9:45 PM
Don't knock my Army Candy!

CenTexDave
March 16th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Also for a dishwasher - a packet of simple old lemonade Kool-Aid.

mainer
March 17th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Is this off-topic?..... GUYS SHOULD BE GIRLS! No, seriously.... ever notice who has the best household tips these days? MEN!!! They also are often the best natural cooks. They don't need a recipe; it all comes to them naturally. Give me a good recipe, and I can follow it (usually). My husband gets in the kitchen and throws together this and that and -- voila! -- perfection! He never reads a recipe. Of course, he never reads directions, manuals, or maps either. I need guidance....he just uses his "instinct." (Whatever that is!)

Back to cleaning waterspots....don't shoot me....what is this "green" stuff? I have a buddy who always says that every problem can be remedied with baling wire, sheetrock compound, and/or WD-40! :)) Sounds like I need to tell him about green stuff.

p.s. Dave....lemonade Kool-Aid????

CenTexDave
March 17th, 2009, 2:15 AM
Yep, lemonade Kool-Aid. The non-sweet kind of Kool-Aid. Evidently the citrus cuts through all the yuck.

Rick
March 17th, 2009, 5:54 AM
Is this off-topic?..... GUYS SHOULD BE GIRLS! No, seriously.... ever notice who has the best household tips these days? MEN!!!
That's because we are lazy!!!! :):))

As for cooking, I am better when it comes to cooking with fire. But there is no way to pretend that I am better than my German wife in front of the stove. She doesn't measure and only reads recipes when baking.

And she does it at a moment's notice, I have to think all day about what I am going to cook...LOL

Deb
March 17th, 2009, 1:43 PM
Is this off-topic?..... GUYS SHOULD BE GIRLS! No, seriously.... ever notice who has the best household tips these days? MEN!!! They also are often the best natural cooks. They don't need a recipe; it all comes to them naturally. Give me a good recipe, and I can follow it (usually). My husband gets in the kitchen and throws together this and that and -- voila! -- perfection! He never reads a recipe. Of course, he never reads directions, manuals, or maps either. I need guidance....he just uses his "instinct." (Whatever that is!)

I'll agree with ya there mainer. My brother is a better cook than I am. Whenever he comes to visit me, we go to Walmart to do some grocery shopping, and I let him get whatever he needs go do the grilling, cooking or whatever he's going do to for several meals. I wish he'd come visit more often.

CenTexDave
March 17th, 2009, 6:05 PM
I frequently cook. If you ever sampled that spicy stuff my Guamian wife prepares you'd understand why. That crap would burn the paint off your car. Imagine what it would do to your poor stomach.:)

mainer
March 17th, 2009, 7:13 PM
I frequently cook. If you ever sampled that spicy stuff my Guamian wife prepares you'd understand why. That crap would burn the paint off your car. Imagine what it would do to your poor stomach.:)

Better watch it, Dave. You've got that bug, and you're probably in a weakened state. She just might be able take you down!!!! :13:

CenTexDave
March 17th, 2009, 8:03 PM
:))She's got this crud, too. She loves eating that hot stuff. If it makes her head break out in a sweat then she's happy.
I remember a few years ago we all went to the VFW on Sundays to watch football. Everybody brought some snacks/food. This one guy brought "hot" wings. She laughed at them. The guy's wife got offended and said something like you think you could make them hotter? Next Sunday the proof was delivered. That lady just stuck her tongue on a wing and about choked!!