PDA

View Full Version : Site Down Time

Rick
January 21st, 2010, 6:32 AM
I had to take the site down for a few this morning to do some database updating.

Since it was at the database level, it wasn't simply a matter of turning the board off.

When this happens, texting us at 5:30 am will most likely not do much good since I won't be looking at my phone and Scarlett is probaby sleeping. Besides, all she will do is send me a text that I won't see until I am done. But it does make me laugh when she complains about being woke up. :) ;)

Believe me, if you get a database error on your screen, I am getting an email. I have a special email account set up to get those errors and they hit my phone within seconds of you seeing that error screen.

I received 57 of those emails while I was working on it...lol I like that, that means people like coming here.

Early mornings are when it is least busy, so that's when I try to get things done.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

BillK
January 21st, 2010, 6:34 AM
I had to take the site down for a few this morning to do some database updating.

Since it was at the database level, it wasn't simply a matter of turning the board off.

When this happens, texting us at 5:30 am will most likely not do much good since I won't be looking at my phone and Scarlett is probaby sleeping. Besides, all she will do is send me a text that I won't see until I am done. But it does make me laugh when she complains about being woke up. :) ;)

Believe me, if you get a database error on your screen, I am getting an email. I have a special email account set up to get those errors and they hit my phone within seconds of you seeing that error screen.

I received 57 of those emails while I was working on it...lol I like that, that means people like coming here.

Early mornings are when it is least busy, so that's when I try to get things done.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Got up early this morning - got the error - KNEW that you were either working on it on purpose or having a bad day and that you already knew about it. Did not bother you with a message. <grin>

Onward through the fog!

Bill

Rick
January 21st, 2010, 6:40 AM
LOL

I also know that you and Christine occasionally get an error while on your phones. But it doesn't happen that often, so I am thininkg it is not on my end. Probably somewhere in between.

THEMEANOGRE
January 21st, 2010, 9:26 PM
Now that I know, I won't bother reporting dbase errors. Thanks!

Rick
January 21st, 2010, 9:35 PM
It's all good, MO. I hope you weren't offended that I didn't respond to your email.

I think the error even says to report it to the webmaster.

No harm!

THEMEANOGRE
January 22nd, 2010, 5:26 AM
Wasn't offended. But if this is supposed to be a semiregular thing, getting those notes will get to be a nuissance. So, if I recognize that the site is down on purpose, then I won't need to waste your time or my own.