PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Bound!

cnjbond
December 27th, 2009, 10:43 PM
The Boys are back in the playoffs...I just hope they can keep the momentum going, they're playing some pretty good ball right now.

gvls78
December 28th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I just love seeing the jerk talking heads having to eat crow as the New Jersey Giants were eliminated from the playoffs last night and Cowboys punched their own ticket. Now if they can beat Philly again and get the East crown all will be right in the world.

CenTexDave
December 28th, 2009, 11:11 AM
The Cowboys are playing extremely good football now at the most important time of the year. Need to beat the Eagles Sunday night and they win the division and get a first round home game.

cnjbond
December 28th, 2009, 1:03 PM
I think they should start going with a spread offense when faced with a short yardage situation or use Jones or Choice. Marion the Barbarian just isn't getting it done and I don't know if it's the play calling, blocking or the running lanes he's using but good grief try something else Red Headed Genius...except for throwing it to Roy "Stone Hands" Williams when a clutch play is needed!

CenTexDave
December 28th, 2009, 7:13 PM
:thumbsup

cnjbond
January 4th, 2010, 10:26 AM
The Boys played a pretty solid game yesterday...I just hope they have one more in 'em. It's hard beating a team 3 times in one season, let alone in back to back weeks. I don't want to get too excited because I've been burned by them a plethora of times in the past, but can't help but feel that they may have turned the corner from mediocrity to a legit team!

cityboy
January 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Y'all hear Troy Aikman doggin' Roy Williams yesterday? I don't understand why that guy (Williams) is even on the field, anymore. Cut him a check and send him on his way ....

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2010, 3:21 PM
I hear ya, CB, but only 4 years ago, I think it was, he lead the league in receptions when with Detroit.
His presence opens it up for Austin, Witten and Clayton.
I agree he's not worth the $$, and I think Romo has lost confidence in him. But unless the Cowboys can get another excellent receiver I'd leave him in place. He still draws coverage, sometimes double coverage. Clayton is good, but don't think he and Austin as #'s 1 and 2 is the answer. Sam Hurd and Ogletree are good back-ups, but don't know if they are ready to be a #3. Ogletree shows real promise, just like Austin did a year or two ago.
So they dump Williams and lose a bundle. Plus they traded high draft picks to get him. But somewhere along the line, and soon, they need to realize they made a mistake.

cityboy
January 4th, 2010, 7:51 PM
I'd say that ought to be their draft priority -- big, fast, good hands. Stick him out there and let him learn ...

cnjbond
January 5th, 2010, 1:50 AM
I'm sure they realized they made a mistake but I don't think they're going to use a 1st round pick on another receiver. I see them picking either an offensive lineman to groom to replace Flozell "False start- hands to the face- and other penalties at critical times" Adams, or a true safety or corner. I think they are fairly content with the weapons they have on offense and they're only going to get better next year. This may turn out to be a luxury draft for Dallas where they don't have to draft out of need but instead for the best available player.