PDA

View Full Version : Eye Doctor

Scarlett
March 10th, 2009, 9:46 PM
I need to make an eye appointment but I don't have an eye doctor around here. Any suggestions? I need one fairly close to Ellison High School if possible, with late hours. (I know, not asking a lot, huh?)

Rick
March 10th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I don't remember the name of the place, but I go to the one by the mall, across the parking lot from Sears. They are nice, hey do a thorough exam.

My eyes change so fast, that I am never happy with my vision.

cityboy
March 11th, 2009, 7:56 AM
I went to a guy whose office is right next to Jason's Deli. Super nice ol' dude, but I can't remember his name. There an Eyemart Express, I think it is, right next door, too ... if you call Eyemart Express, they can hook you up ...

FieryPrincess
March 11th, 2009, 7:06 PM
I went there. They took Tricare, but not Tricare standard. At least that is what they told me. When I talked to Tricare, Tricare didn't seem real appreciate of their selectivity in that regard. They were supposed to take the whole thing.

I took my daughter to Eye City instead (near HH walmart). They have good hours and they even have good Saturday hours.

Texas Immigrant
March 11th, 2009, 8:15 PM
I take the kids, and the husband, to the place that Rick was talking about. We get the exams there and then to Walmart for the glasses. :-B

asimalves
March 11th, 2009, 9:43 PM
I've taken my kids to the place Rick mentioned...their father had good insurance and they did a great job....but they don't take Scott and White insurance....I'm looking for one too!

Scarlett
March 11th, 2009, 9:50 PM
I still have tricare prime for 60 days, then I will have Scott and White. Would like to do all I can while I still have tricare.

xzochye
March 12th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Dr. Esters next to the Metroplex hospital is great.

siamcat
March 12th, 2009, 5:41 PM
TSO next to the library on WS Young is where we used to go. They're super nice and have great service. Glasses are a little more, but the exam is covered under Tricare Prime every two years ( Tricare rules). You can always get your glasses done somewhere else, but theirs are very good quality.
We switched because they don't take my hubbies vision insurance, but loved the place when we only had Tricare.

FieryPrincess
March 12th, 2009, 5:42 PM
With Tricare standard you are allowed one per year.

CenTexDave
March 12th, 2009, 7:51 PM
Not close to you, Scarlett, but Cove Optical is really good.