PDA

View Full Version : We have the Flu

kryptickancer
October 9th, 2009, 3:39 PM
Me, my two month old and 2 year old have fever/cough/sore throat.. the works. We all had our flu shots this year (except for baby) so Im assuming its probably the H1N1. I wasnt sure if I should take my two month old to the doc. Any nurses on the board?

Night Owl
October 9th, 2009, 3:40 PM
I am not a doctor or a nurse though I am married to a nurse. Go to the DOCTOR!!!!

Charles Grubb
October 9th, 2009, 4:05 PM
I don't trust those flu shots.
I never get them.
I hope you get well soon.
Seeing a physician sure couldn't hurt you.

Night Owl
October 9th, 2009, 4:11 PM
Charles
I never get them either. I figure why get a shot that is going to give you the flu.

Go see the doctor and get a shot that is going to make you sick. YEA, Right!!!!:13::13:

Charles Grubb
October 9th, 2009, 4:42 PM
Charles
I never get them either. I figure why get a shot that is going to give you the flu.

Go see the doctor and get a shot that is going to make you sick. YEA, Right!!!!:13::13:

Owl, was it the 80's or 70's when that flu shot killed thousands of people?
My dad said, he'd never get another one.
He didn't and neither have I.

Iteachtoo
October 9th, 2009, 4:46 PM
The ONLY flu shot I ever had made me sick as a dog. I stay away from them too.

Night Owl
October 9th, 2009, 4:47 PM
Owl, was it the 80's or 70's when that flu shot killed thousands of people?
My dad said, he'd never get another one.
He didn't and neither have I.

I don't know Charles I was too young at the time to notice!!!!!:)):))

Msradar
October 9th, 2009, 6:19 PM
With small children and a baby in your household. I would go to the doc and make sure its flu. Then of course you know the drill, fluids, rest, more fluids, fever reducing meds.

As far as the flu shot! I don't take it either. Made me sick...and I refuse since then then.

VooDooBaby
October 9th, 2009, 7:04 PM
I've never had a flu shot, and I won't ever be getting my son one. The army makes my husband get it, and he ends up getting a week off of work each year because he is so sick it's almost like he's in a coma.

I'd make an appt.

pioneer
October 9th, 2009, 10:41 PM
get one every year and it dont bother me a bit

Sunshine
October 10th, 2009, 11:33 AM
I agree with all of the people that said the flu shot makes them sick, I have not got one in many years because of that. I guess if I get the flu it will be my punishment for not getting it, but I will take my chances.

Deb
October 10th, 2009, 12:46 PM
The one flu shot I got made me sicker than if I just got the flu. My my grandmother came to live with us, my dad tried to force me to get the flu shot. I told him that nobody would give it to me because it made me pretty sick. My dad got the shot, and he still got the flu. I got a mild case of the flu that winter. The flu shot doesn't help with upper respritorory infections or sinus infections which I'm prone to getting.

Charles Grubb
October 11th, 2009, 12:24 AM
I don't know Charles I was too young at the time to notice!!!!!:)):))

Owl, that hurted me. :crying:lmao: