PDA

View Full Version : New Scooter

THEMEANOGRE
October 2nd, 2009, 3:46 PM
Woo Hoo,Just got my new scooter. It is a Pride Mobility Celebrity XL. This thing is plush. It is a 4 wheel design, so I guess I'll be giving up a bit of turning radius. The plus side of that is that it'll be more stable in any environment. Plus I'll be able to use my portable ramps. There are only two ramps, I really couldn't use them with the 3 wheeler.
It has a high backed Captain's chair, a rear view mirror, baskets fore and aft, a full light package including turn signals.
Well, guess I should get started reading the owner's manual.

Night Owl
October 2nd, 2009, 3:58 PM
Congrats. Watch out for speeding tickets and red lights.:)

THEMEANOGRE
October 2nd, 2009, 4:21 PM
Not much of a problem, NO. Top speed is about 5-6 MPH.

Rick
October 2nd, 2009, 7:31 PM
Turn signals? Sweet!!!

Congrats! Use the hell out of it!

THEMEANOGRE
October 2nd, 2009, 9:20 PM
Thanks, I plan to.

Night Owl
October 3rd, 2009, 9:47 AM
Upgrade it with a new more powerful motor. Trick it out!!!!

circle_c
October 3rd, 2009, 1:41 PM
I'm sure you thought you did not have to read the manual before you used it. (like all of us men) Let us know how you like it after the trial.... :thumbsup

THEMEANOGRE
October 3rd, 2009, 3:46 PM
I still haven't tried it. There are additional goodies I had forgotten that I had ordered.
I've even got a ragtop for days like today, or overly sunny ones. Plus, its got a folding drink holder. The one thing I dislike is that the charger isn't built in like my old scooter. As it is right now, I may need someone else to plug it in for me. But given a quarter chance, I'm sure I'll come up with a creative solution for that.
circle c, I am a firm believer in reading the manual before I "play" with any new "toy". That way, I know about all the new stuff it can do.

THEMEANOGRE
October 4th, 2009, 2:11 PM
I just got back from my inaugural run on my new scooter. The suspension rides a little hard on the Copperas Cove streets so the mirror isn't quite as useful as it might be. I liked the turn signals. The armrests are lower than I'm used to them being. Charging isn't going to require as much innovative thought as I'd thought. The loss of turning radius will take some getting used to. All in all, I think I'll be thoroughly pleased.

Deacon Klaus
October 4th, 2009, 2:31 PM
Enjoy. I know you deserve it.

BTW: Did you finance the $2300 price or did we pay it for you?

THEMEANOGRE
October 4th, 2009, 2:42 PM
It was issued by the VA, so I guess y'all paid for it. Thanks!
Actually, I'll have to go to their website. I don't think they charge quite $2300 for this one, Although, I think VA paid more than that. Gads, I really wish we could get GSA to recognize what a low standard "MilSpec" really is for everything but heavy duty ordnance and nuclear weapons. Then maybe they'd stop ripping off the taxpayers. All the foofaraw over prices that "60 Minutes" brought to light is truly not the fault of the manufacturers and contracters. The General Services Administration is responsible for most of it.

Rick
October 4th, 2009, 5:20 PM
It was issued by the VA, so I guess y'all paid for it. Thanks!

Some taxes we pay can put smiles on our faces. This is one of them!!! :thumbsup

Deacon Klaus
October 4th, 2009, 6:02 PM
Sorry, I understated the bill. The cheapest I could find a new one at was $2599; that means that the VA probably got hit for $3500. Anyway, as Rick said, some taxes we pay can put smiles on our faces. Enjoy the ride!