PDA

View Full Version : KWTX Morning Buzz, Oct 7

Scarlett
September 28th, 2009, 12:26 PM
On Wednesday morning, October 7th, Rick, myself, and a couple of users from this forum will be on the KWTX Morning Buzz show talking about CENTEXTALK.COM!

Hope that you can tune in bright and early to see us as we brag about what a great group of users you all are. :thumbsup

circle_c
September 28th, 2009, 1:31 PM
That's super, what time? I thought by now you would have Lynn Wooley do a pitch for the forum.

CenTexDave
September 28th, 2009, 2:55 PM
What time please? Taped or live?

Scarlett
September 28th, 2009, 3:11 PM
Live.
I think at 6AM and 7AM

circle_c
September 28th, 2009, 3:15 PM
Be watching. Thanks.

CenTexDave
September 28th, 2009, 3:58 PM
I'm already up and about by then. Give me something to do besides pour over this message board all morning!!

Phantomwarrior
September 29th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Cool. Will you wave at me and say hi? ;)

QueenB
September 29th, 2009, 8:01 AM
I'm so excited for you !! I will be watching :-)

bjflores
September 29th, 2009, 11:52 AM
you will have great time, Its time to let the other media know about this great forum!! : ) Bernadette

On Wednesday morning, October 7th, Rick, myself, and a couple of users from this forum will be on the KWTX Morning Buzz show talking about CENTEXTALK.COM!

Hope that you can tune in bright and early to see us as we brag about what a great group of users you all are. :thumbsup

Rick
September 29th, 2009, 2:24 PM
Thanks Bernadette. I was shocked when I got the email from Josh. I immediately forwarded it to Scarlett.

We are looking forward to it.

Texas Immigrant
September 29th, 2009, 4:17 PM
Wow! That's exciting!!!!!

circle_c
October 4th, 2009, 9:01 AM
Just might surpass 2000 members afterward. Keep ya bizy huh ? :smoke

Scarlett
October 4th, 2009, 9:11 AM
Lord, as long as we don't pick up another Grubb, Dave or Night Owl I think we will be ok....HAHA.

Just kidding boys...just kidding....

circle_c
October 4th, 2009, 9:18 AM
:)) They keep you on your toes make sure you are watching.

Scarlett
October 4th, 2009, 9:34 AM
It is funny...Rick and I are always having to email each other on here asking..."SHOULD we delete this one?" Haha. I usually say no, he usually does it anyhow...LOL. But today, we agreed about one that we probably SHOULD delete, but we sure are not. You can all try to figure out what it is.

Rick
October 4th, 2009, 9:52 AM
I should probably defend myself to the above charges, but it won't do any good!!! Everone's going to believe the lady anyway!!! :banghead :bluerofl

circle_c
October 4th, 2009, 11:08 AM
She got the power. you know, the buzzard talon and stirring pot to conjure up new spells.

CenTexDave
October 6th, 2009, 1:39 PM
So where did you finally find to host your morning show tomorrow??

Rick
October 6th, 2009, 1:44 PM
Cowboys Stadium. They are expecting a full house! :bluerofl

Java Joe's!

VooDooBaby
October 6th, 2009, 3:30 PM
I LOVE java jo'z!

bbh
October 6th, 2009, 8:17 PM
It would be a hoot to watch you guys hopped up on Joe during your media debut!!! :bounce

If you get stage fright, just picture the audience in their underwear.....I vote for Grubb! (Love ya, Charles!)

Good luck!

THEMEANOGRE
October 7th, 2009, 5:02 AM
I'll give the traditional show biz salute, "Break a leg"!

Scarlett
October 7th, 2009, 5:09 AM
Note to Self: Next time I agree to a live morning news program, clarify first what is MORNING to them vs. MORNING to me....HOLY WOW, do people really wake up before 5 normally?

BillK
October 7th, 2009, 5:10 AM
Note to Self: Next time I agree to a live morning news program, clarify first what is MORNING to them vs. MORNING to me....HOLY WOW, do people really wake up before 5 normally?

Yes - we do. See you there.
Bill

Scarlett
October 7th, 2009, 5:14 AM
It is POURING and I left my umbrella in my classroom...this is not good...not good at all...

I gotta steal my daughters tiny smiley face umbrella now....

THEMEANOGRE
October 7th, 2009, 5:23 AM
Yes Ms Scarlett, several of us do get up before 5AM. I start most mornings around 3-3:30AM. Gee, 5AM, for me that is sleeping in.

CenTexDave
October 7th, 2009, 6:15 AM
0420 every Mon-Wed-Friday.

Texas Immigrant
October 7th, 2009, 6:41 AM
We were watching you this morning and my son came into the room when Larry, I think that's who it was, said they started getting onto centextalk because they lived in the doughnut hole. My son said, I want to live in a doughnut hole.

CenTexDave
October 7th, 2009, 6:52 AM
Think that was Bill King. Good interview for the forum.

Texas Immigrant
October 7th, 2009, 6:54 AM
Thanks Dave, yep it was great watching. You all did a nice job!

circle_c
October 7th, 2009, 7:02 AM
:thumbsup Good job all.

TheOldProgrammer
October 7th, 2009, 7:18 AM
I'll second that... 8-;

Now that I know what scarlett, the color, looks like I can say I've learned something today... Isn't the old saying "Knowledge is Power"? :smoke

Scarlett
October 7th, 2009, 7:19 AM
It was fun...thanks to Mr. Cole and Mr. King for joining Rick and I this morning so early.

Now off to school!!!

Rick
October 7th, 2009, 7:48 AM
Yes, thank you and you too Scarlett and Java Jo's as well. She was happy that they said their name on air a couple of times.

I told her that we try to get together once a month and I don't see why we can't get together there for coffee instead of a lunch once in a while.

I think Bill and the cameraman will be there for a while talking tech today.

THEMEANOGRE
October 7th, 2009, 7:52 AM
I was watching. Thanks for the mention, Bill.

Charles Grubb
October 7th, 2009, 8:12 AM
Mr. Bill, Mr. Larry, Mr. Rick, and Ms. Scarlett; you all acquitted yourselves admirably.
Ms. Scarlett, your ability to NOT name the OTHER forum, was quite adroit.
Mr. Bill, excellent plugs for MS battlers and doughnut hole victims.
Mr. Rick, kind words about the forum members and the software you provide for us to use.
Mr. Larry, very nice nice words about being on the forum to inform your constituency.
Great job group, you represented yourselves and the forum well!
Unfortunately, we were unable to view Ms. Scarlet's demonstration of the site.
Thank you to Java Joe's for being so CenTexTalk, friendly!
Thank you to KWTX for inviting the rest of Central Texas to share a word or two as to why we enjoy this marvelous site.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:MD0N5NV5OiTThM:http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1180/1469165043_581c813996_o.jpg

richard dick young
October 7th, 2009, 8:27 AM
Great job ya'll
Went well i thought and you did the best with what you had
To work with!(sorry larry)
Good work ... Keep us in the spotlight.

Rdy

Rick
October 7th, 2009, 9:07 AM
The video is up on the KWTX site.

Direct Link to the Video (http://ww2.kwtx.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?clipId1=4191966&flvUri=&thirdpartymrssurl=&at1=News&vt1=v&h1=The%20Buzz:%20Cen%20TX%20Talks&d1=348434&redirUrl=&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&clipFormat=flv&rnd=84053056)
http://www.centextalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=336&stc=1&d=1254924383

Gramps
October 7th, 2009, 9:38 AM
I just finished watching the segment on the web. Missed it live… Some of us have to be at work early. Excellent job done by all. It will be interesting to see what kind of growth we get out of this.

stormy
October 7th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Great job you guys! You looked great, spoke well, and gave some good info about the site! I especially like Rick's comment about having some thick skin at times...aint that the truth! :)

BillK
October 7th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I was watching. Thanks for the mention, Bill.

No worries Mate!
Bill

Night Owl
October 7th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Excellent job. :thumbsup:thumbsup Thumbs up to all of you.

syntaxtalk
October 7th, 2009, 2:27 PM
tara http://students.ou.edu/F/Matthew.W.Fenwick-1/charizard.gif

BillK
October 7th, 2009, 2:30 PM
Unfortunately, we were unable to view Ms. Scarlet's demonstration of the site.

Thank you for the kind words.
I knew from the get go that there was NO WAY you could see a laptop monitor from 6 feet away over a television which had a camra 6 feet from the screen with glare and see what was going on.

I think that the goal was to inform people that the site existed. We should have gone a little bit more into how to get to the web site. BUT - I understand that several people signed up immediately after the broadcast.

Bill

BillK
October 7th, 2009, 2:32 PM
tara http://students.ou.edu/F/Matthew.W.Fenwick-1/charizard.gif

I understand the flame above "tara's" head. But - could you possibly explain the flames below and bewhind?

Bill

syntaxtalk
October 7th, 2009, 2:35 PM
I understand the flame above "tara's" head. But - could you possibly explain the flames below and bewhind?

Bill

Her last name looks like Charizard. That was the first google image search that came up; flames have no meaning.

Night Owl
October 7th, 2009, 2:40 PM
Charles
Me thinks you have an internet stalker. He must be in love!!!!!

Charles Grubb
October 7th, 2009, 3:00 PM
Charles
Me thinks you have an internet stalker. He must be in love!!!!!

Say it ain't so, better that it would be "in hate". :)

Scarlett
October 7th, 2009, 3:03 PM
Thanks....jeesh...I have that Pokemon all over my classroom....But I will pretend that is a new joke. It can go right up there with the fact that my birthday is April 1st, and I have never heard an April Fool's Joke about that....

Night Owl
October 7th, 2009, 5:19 PM
YET!!!

Rick
October 7th, 2009, 6:54 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know that what happened this morning on the show is not what I had been working on with Josh Wucher for the last week or so.

On September 24th, I received the first email from Josh that asked if we would be interested in doing the show. Well, that was an easy answer.

He called me the next day and wanted me to give him a brief description of the site, and things that we discuss. He gave me a basic rundown of what would happen on the show.

So I emailed him a little history of the site that included the candidate forums, council members who participate, teacher collaboration, the insurance topic, the "Ask the Vet" topic...etc. He said that they would find a place to do the interviews.

He then called me and said that he would like to speak to Scarlett and me about the basic how's and why's along with the impressive usage numbers of the site that I sent him. Dr. Buckley would talk about the Vet section and touch on the education section and JoAnn Purser could talk about the candidate forums and city council topics. Two live segments would be shot, the first would be Scarlett and me and the second with Dr. Buckley and Mrs. Purser.

Then Monday afternoon, he called and asked me if I could find a place to do it. You all know that story from the other thread and CenTexTalkers came through with some great suggestions. Java Jo's was the perfect place and it fit right in with our goal of helping small businesses in the area get some attention. They could not have treated us any better.

Well, as plans go, plans change. I found out that Mrs. Purser was out of town so I let Josh know and he said that we'd go with three of us. Then at 8:00 pm last night we found out that Dr. Buckley was called in to work all night and would not be available. So I called Mr. Cole who graciously agreed to be there even though I could not guarantee that they would even talk to him. So I sent Josh an email explaining that change.

Then this morning, Bill King was there to show us some moral support and volunteered to help us if needed. That was great.

As the TV van pulled up, it is pouring down rain and it takes him a little time to set up and get connected to the station. That wiped out the first segment. Then he tells us that we would do one long segment, about twelve minutes. As it turned out, it was five minutes. I guess that is what happens with live TV.

I know that despite the nervousness, I had a great time. It was an amazing experience.

My wife watched it and when I talked to her, she said that we all did a good job and it was a real positive portrayal of the site. She thought that the four of us were perfect because we all talked about something different and that was good.

Thanks to KWTX and whoever suggested the site to them. Also, thanks to all the users here. We would not have had today's experience were it not for your faithful participation in our little hobby.

Ok, I am done babbling now.

Scarlett
October 7th, 2009, 7:15 PM
Ok, since Rick made such a passionate plug, I will simply say this...

KDH FORUM IS DEAD.
AND...
WE ARE DOING LIVE TV.

Who the hell saw this coming after a simple, scrambled message in scarlett letters?

CenTexDave
October 7th, 2009, 7:22 PM
Yep, it's been 10 days since anyone posted anything on the KDH Forum. I wonder if they've ever figured it out.

Rick
October 7th, 2009, 7:36 PM
Ok, since Rick made such a passionate plug, I will simply say this...

KDH FORUM IS DEAD.
AND...
WE ARE DOING LIVE TV.

Who the hell saw this coming after a simple, scrambled message in scarlett letters?
Good observation, Scarlett!!! ;)

bbh
October 7th, 2009, 10:34 PM
You guys were great, and I was impressed! Hats off to all of you!

THEMEANOGRE
October 8th, 2009, 4:53 AM
Dave, it has been more than 10 days. I occasionally wonder about those few who haven't made the switch.