PDA

View Full Version : Robert Griffin

cnjbond
September 28th, 2009, 2:01 AM
Just heard on ESPN that Griffin is out for the rest of the season with an ACL injury. Hope he recovers, he had a promising career and really helped turn the Baylor program around.

CenTexDave
September 28th, 2009, 4:59 AM
I was at the game Saturday night. This happened on Baylor's first possession as he ran an option and was tackled. After they got him up and to the sideline and examined him, they taped his right knee and he went on the stationary bike and used it until the offense was ready to go a few minutes later. He then returned to the game and had a fabulous remaining first half - 13 of 19 for 266 yards and 3 TD passes and even ran a 10 yarder. Ahead 41-10 at the half, all the starters sat out the second half.
Big blow to him and Baylor. Don't know if he'll be eligible for a redshirt medical for this season or not.

RooDawg
September 29th, 2009, 10:12 PM
i feel bad for griffin...ABC picked up the baylor/oklahoma game to televise and i can only imagine that part of that was because of griffin...he has done a wonderful job of revitalizing that program all together...i wish him a speedy recovery...i dont think the ncaa will grant him a medical redshirt...wouldnt mind if they did but i doubt they will.

CenTexDave
September 29th, 2009, 10:30 PM
According to Baylor he is eligible unless he comes back and plays later this year.
I have known Griffin for a number of years. He's close friends with my daughter and has been over to my house on numerous occasions. He is truly a smart and great kid. Told him last spring that he kicked the hell out of Ohio State's Terrell Pryor (Pryor was the #1 dual-threat QB recruit and Griffin was rated #3). Also asked him how they looked at spring practice and he said they looked good. Told him I'd go to a few Baylor games this year. First one I go to he gets hurt!! I'm not so sure he'd even be interested in a medical redshirt so he can play a 5th year. The kid has plans to go to law school and still wants to continue his track career and try for the 2012 Olympics.

RooDawg
September 30th, 2009, 1:12 PM
griffin is definitely better than pryor...and i was wondering if he would be interested in a 5th year...i could see him getting his degree as soon as possible and then heading out...

CenTexDave
September 30th, 2009, 8:20 PM
I don't know about the lure of the NFL. You know - money talks.