PDA

View Full Version : Word Censoring

Admin
January 29th, 2009, 9:55 AM
I will be adding words to the word censor. I will add the usual words that people find offensive and since it is not our intention to offend anyone, if there is a word that you would like to see added, please let us know.

Now this comes with a twist. There is an option in the User Control Panel that allows you to disable the word censor. Just go to User Control Panel / Board Preferences, Edit Display Options / (or try clicking on this link ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view (http://www.centextalk.com/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view)).

Once there, select whether or not you want to enable or disable the word filter. If you need assistance, let me know and I wil do it for you.

The filter is set to be enabled by default, so you have to disable it if you want to see cuss words.

Dagobert II
January 29th, 2009, 2:29 PM
Well, if you really are intent on doing this, recognizing that there's a possibility of some perfectly useful words getting caught in the net, here's (http://badwordsdatabase.warrick.net/index.cfm) a list you might find helpful. It should keep you busy for a while.

cityboy
January 29th, 2009, 2:40 PM
I wanna use and see cuss words ... I used the term "mo-fo" on the KDH forum and my post was almost immediately deleted, dammit ...

Scarlett
January 29th, 2009, 6:56 PM
I believe hell and damn work fine here sugar. #### is a no-go...but if you ad an "ing" to it, then it works..haha.

cityboy
January 29th, 2009, 7:42 PM
Fair enough ... I ####in' like it!!! :clap

reader
January 29th, 2009, 8:02 PM
Well, keep the censoring going for me? 'kay? :ymblushing: ;)

cityboy
January 29th, 2009, 8:08 PM
Sorry ... don't mean to offend ... ;)

Scarlett
January 29th, 2009, 8:09 PM
Like hell YOU don't mean to OFFEND! =))

cityboy
January 29th, 2009, 8:09 PM
Whaddya mean??? :?

reader
January 29th, 2009, 8:20 PM
Sorry ... don't mean to offend ...

None taken...just an old-fashioned girl (emphasis on the old, well...middle-aged...sort of). :-H

cityboy
January 29th, 2009, 8:24 PM
What is middle-aged, anyway???? Sometimes my knees feel middle-aged, but my brain certainly doesn't know it ...

mainer
January 29th, 2009, 9:34 PM
What is middle-aged, anyway???? Sometimes my knees feel middle-aged, but my brain certainly doesn't know it ...

I'm middle-age.......if I live to be 120! And yeah, just exactly when does your brain start to feel old? My brain is still waiting for me to grow up. I guess that's a good thing, huh?

Sorry, scarlett...I have to tell this. Scarlett and I have been exchanging resources through KISD mail (can you spell S-L-O-W?), so today we decided to meet in a parking lot to swap stuff in person. I told her I would be in the white Toyota. She pulled up and saw a really elderly lady in a white car and thought it was me. You should have seen the look on her face! I told her I'm old, just not that old yet!

I guess we do get visual images of each other on here, don't we?

Sorry....off-topic!

Scarlett
January 29th, 2009, 9:39 PM
I ain't gonna lie...I had a fairly good idea of what I THOUGHT Mainer would look like...and it wasn't the hellish woman we saw! Scared the crap outta me!
Mainer is, sorry, now I gotta tell, one HOT grandma!!!!! WOW! :-BD

mainer
January 29th, 2009, 9:57 PM
Well, thank you, Miz Scarlett......

It's been fun tonight. Love the forum. Love the chats. Love the smilies!!!!!!!!!

xzochye
January 30th, 2009, 7:59 AM
I have to agree that we get ideas of what each other look like. Scarlett I totally had you pegged wrong!

Scarlett
January 30th, 2009, 8:39 AM
Umm...I don't know if that is good or bad...haha...but I'll take it! Thanks for reminding me my pic was out there... :-BD

Rick
January 30th, 2009, 8:52 AM
You mean this picture of you Scarlett?
http://centextalk.com/pics/MrsCodger.gif

xzochye
January 30th, 2009, 9:16 AM
I think Rick's picture pretty much describes what I was imagining..... :ymhug:

Scarlett
January 30th, 2009, 9:27 AM
I cant see a picture!

Rick
January 30th, 2009, 9:33 AM
That's probably because it was linked to FreeSpeechforums and your firewall is blocking it. Should be better now.

Scarlett
January 30th, 2009, 9:39 AM
I hate you.

Rick
January 30th, 2009, 9:40 AM
Do you really?

Scarlett
January 30th, 2009, 9:44 AM
Yes =((

Rick
January 30th, 2009, 9:53 AM
Well then, to make it up to you, I got the admin to add this one for you. :falldown

Scarlett
January 30th, 2009, 10:07 AM
MY FAVORITE!!!!
Ok, love you again! :-BD

bitchyteacher
January 30th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I would like the word "school" banned, if you please. :D

Scarlett
January 30th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I would like the word "school" banned, if you please. :D
Hmmm...well whoever you are....I wonder why you have the name you have.... :smoke

cityboy
January 31st, 2009, 7:59 AM
They're tired of school discussions??? :-\