PDA

View Full Version : Metroplex ER

Voice-of-Reason
September 22nd, 2009, 2:24 PM
Has anyone else with chest pain had to wait for over 9 hours to be seen?

BillK
September 22nd, 2009, 3:07 PM
Has anyone else with chest pain had to wait for over 9 hours to be seen?

Wow - that is not reasonable - something sounds wrong with this. I would check with someone at the hospital as I am SURE that they would want to know that this happened. It is not rational or what they strive for.

Bill

Msradar
September 22nd, 2009, 3:51 PM
yes, went with a friend and it was many hours before she was seen and they did absolutely NOTHING. She finally went to scott and white where she was admitted
turns out it was not her heart..but she did have surgery as her gall bladder was completely obstructed with stones.

I would not take my worst enemy to Metroplex ER. They are just horrible.

BillK
September 22nd, 2009, 3:54 PM
yes, went with a friend and it was many hours before she was seen and they did absolutely NOTHING. She finally went to scott and white where she was admitted
turns out it was not her heart..but she did have surgery as her gall bladder was completely obstructed with stones.

I would not take my worst enemy to Metroplex ER. They are just horrible.

I am sorry - I know people there and they are great people - they are totally overwhelmed at the moment as all the freebies in town and out of town go there - they are expanding their ER currently as I type to handle the workload. They are great people doing a great job. I am sorry that your experience was not a good one.

Bill

Msradar
September 22nd, 2009, 3:58 PM
Does not matter how big they make their ER until they get competent triage nurses and decent physician staff to care for the patients...it will just become a larger mess than it is. I anticipate Scott and white taking them over...staffing and running the whole show in the near future.

Scott and white has always wanted a hospital in this area....

THEMEANOGRE
September 22nd, 2009, 4:19 PM
Well, they have entered some sort of deal with Scott & White. I don't recall the exact nature of it.
I have been through their ER a few times. While I thought the wait was somewhat overlong. I chalked that up to the fact that I was feeling less than patient because of the pain I was in. While I waited on one occasion three seperate ambulances came in. There is actually much more to tending a patient in the ER than they show on TV shows like "ER". The doctors and nurses spend more time with each case than they show on TV. The staff don't just take a quick look at the situation, carry out a quick corrective action and hope they got it right.
If that staff on "ER" had to, they'd not last a week in a real hospital. Their characters are too quick to make calls that seem innocuous enough, but have far greater consequences than allowed for in a compelling story line. In a real hospital, like Metroplex, the mortality rate is infinitesmal compared to "Cook County General". That is because the doctors and nurses care enough to take the time to be thorough.

BillK
September 22nd, 2009, 4:35 PM
Well, they have entered some sort of deal with Scott & White. I don't recall the exact nature of it.
I have been through their ER a few times. While I thought the wait was somewhat overlong. I chalked that up to the fact that I was feeling less than patient because of the pain I was in. While I waited on one occasion three seperate ambulances came in. There is actually much more to tending a patient in the ER than they show on TV shows like "ER". The doctors and nurses spend more time with each case than they show on TV. The staff don't just take a quick look at the situation, carry out a quick corrective action and hope they got it right.
If that staff on "ER" had to, they'd not last a week in a real hospital. Their characters are too quick to make calls that seem innocuous enough, but have far greater consequences than allowed for in a compelling story line. In a real hospital, like Metroplex, the mortality rate is infinitesmal compared to "Cook County General". That is because the doctors and nurses care enough to take the time to be thorough.

There you go - that is not to say that they don't have their share of "whoa - I wish we had done that better"!!!

BUT - when I got hit by someone while walking on Stagecoach road the ambulance was there in less than 3 minutes after being called - I was taken VERY profesionally to Mplex ER and taken care of VERY well there - EXCELLENT care well done by professionals.

I have no idea why your friend had a such a bad experience (because saying you have chest pain usually gets you right in <grin>) but I am VERY sure that if you follow it up they will take you seriously.

Bill

THEMEANOGRE
September 22nd, 2009, 4:44 PM
Because it was a thorough visual triage done by a well practiced professional. The intake people know what kind of "other, visible cues" to look for. The patient was concious and able to verbalize coherently. Obviously not as urgent as the guy bleeding from a fishhook through the femoral artery.
Had the situation altered drastically for the patient( collapsing on the floor) the priority would've gone up until that situation was stabilized.

Msradar
September 22nd, 2009, 6:16 PM
Well, having 10 yrs of EMS And ER experience and knowing the history of my friend who had a previous heart attack at 32 you would think would get you looked at faster than what she was..and get you a real workup....not just maybe you are stressed...and it looks like its not your heart.

In my many years of living here I was actually told by a peditrician when one of my kids took critically ill. Not knowing any better...having left the military and dealt with far less that standard of care there...we tried the local hospital ER. It truly was a medical emergency.

As we were being transferred to scott and white peds ICU via ambulance. I was told by the peditrician they called in...to NEVER bring my child back in there again unless I wanted them to kill her. I heeded his warnings.

He advised there were not equipment nor did the staff have knowledge to deal with her. To take her scott and white were they had staff well trained and use to dealing with her medical issues. I never looked back...and took that advice to heart.

When a doctor bashes the facility he works for there is a good reason for it.

I might add that a friend's wife went in for a diagnostic procedure...rather routine but under anesthesia. Well the nicked an artery. Sent her home no one had a clue. She returned to the ER complaining of belly pain and was sent home again. She was bleed out into her belly and by the time the realized something was wrong it was too late and she died on the way to the ER again....so so much for the ER.

Granted the ER did not make the mistake...but they sure as heck missed catching it! I bet a lawyer has been having fun with this one!

The sad part is a man lost his wife and children lost their mother!

FieryPrincess
September 22nd, 2009, 8:04 PM
Part of it was because she was female. There are lots of reports and stories out there about women not getting the same kind of care as a male when reporting those symptoms.

When I complained to my doctor about chest pains, I was given Zoloft and told I was stressed. The pains didn't go away, but I didn't seem to care about them as much at the time.

VooDooBaby
September 22nd, 2009, 8:22 PM
I had my son at Mplex. NEVER AGAIN. The labor and delivery nurses were great... afterwards... I was treated more like a burden more than a new mom. I never once pushed the button for help, but when they came in to check on me (every 8 hours or so), they just acted like they hated their jobs. I had a nervous breakdown the first night I was there because I was alone (husband in Iraq) and they put me in a shared room with a lady who's husband kept visiting, and kept saying how happy he was that he was home from Iraq in time to be there for her. The nurse came in, looked at me, handed me a washrag, and left. Three days was way too long to be there. I digress.

I sat at Darnall ER for 6 hours friday night, and 3 hours saturday afternoon. I guess all ERs are a pain in the...

THEMEANOGRE
September 22nd, 2009, 9:06 PM
Yes, Metroplex has had its dark days, and probably will again. I've lived here long enough that I've heard negative things about most of the hospitals from Waco to Austin.
I'm sure we're all familiar with the term "teaching hospital". The true fact of the matter is that there isn't one in this country that isn't a teaching hospital. Back in the '80s a lot of student nurses at Metroplex were coming out of the CTC Nursing program. Round about that time CTC lost its accreditation. A big part of the reason was the Nursing program. A neighbor graduated just before the paper got pulled and was completely mystified when she couldn't get a job in a critical career market.

CenTexDave
September 22nd, 2009, 9:09 PM
I am sorry - I know people there and they are great people - they are totally overwhelmed at the moment as all the freebies in town and out of town go there - they are expanding their ER currently as I type to handle the workload. They are great people doing a great job. I am sorry that your experience was not a good one.

Bill

It's not known as "MurderPlex" for nothing.

BillK
September 22nd, 2009, 9:19 PM

Wow Dave - I know many things about this hospital. I was the director of pharmacy there for a number of years before striking out on my own business. I know that the people that work there don't go to work saying "let's treat people badly".

I know that the hosital does NOT have money as its number one focus. I have been inside on decision making and seen where they took a loss to provide services to this community.

When I came here they were staffing psychiatrists in the ER and they deservedly had a bad reputation. They now have top notch people staffing the ER and spend hundred of thousands of dollars yearly to provide excellent service.

They now have a co-operation agreement with Scott and White that is making MANY of the physicians there angry and they will say bad things about anyone when they feel that their livelihood is in jeopardy - they are human. Just because one pediatrician says something does not make it true.

I am sorry that some of you have had a bad eperience there but I am sure that "Sit & Wait" as it was known in the day has had bad experiences as well for some people.

To pass on rumors and innuendo without going to the source is something that a professional person simply would not do. It is easy to trash someone's reputation here behind anonymous monikers but not easy to build on a day to day basis a place where healing can occur.

I am sorry that you feel that way but you are welcome to how you feel. Just simply be aware that healthcare is still an art not a sience like we would all like to believe. Healing is not guaranteed as lawyers constantly would have us believe. You will find issue and problems at ANY hospital that you go to. I hope that you never find any at any facility that you choose to go to.

I wish you well.

Bill

CenTexDave
September 22nd, 2009, 9:58 PM
You really want me to tell you a few stories about Metroplex? Three personal friends and my wife have had very bad experiences there. I don't know all the medical terms so bear with me.
1. Good friend, met him in 1984 when I first moved here. He retired from the Army. Needed hip replacement surgery. Surgery seemed to go well, but after 24 hours couldn't get up. Turns out the doctors punctured a "sac" near the bottom of his spine when they administered the spinal. Had to call a surgeon in on Sunday. After two hours he finally shows all pissed off because he was playing golf. Gee, sorry doc. They wheel him off. Next day, same crap. They did it again. Repeat the procedure and they finally get it right and he can get up and walk. Five years later that hip replacement surgery had to be done again because it wasn't done properly the first time. As a wise and astute Army retiree, he elects for surgery at Scott and White.
2. Elderly Army retiree about 64 years old wasn't feeling good. His wife took him to the emergency room. After 2 hours they finally looked at him, said to go home there's nothing wrong. Early that morning he fell dead.
3. 19 year old daughter of very good friends of mine. Has an asthma attack and couldn't breathe on Christmas Eve. They call the ambulance and she's taken to Metroplex. They screw around for almost an hour before they got around to her. Her parents and husband went nuts, had her transferred to S&W. Too late. She died a couple of days later. The S&W doctors told them had someone done something much earlier she'd have made it.
4. My wife goes into Metroplex for a fistula implantation for kidney dialysis. The butcher screws it up. For nearly two months she had no feeling in her left hand. She goes back to this quack three times and explains. He pulls out a little test machine and states "I get a pulse". By the third trip her hand is nearly black. We quit messing around and I take her to a vascular surgeon at S&W who immediately determines the fool messed it up. They wheel her down to surgery and tie it off. Luckily she regained total use of her left hand.
In each of these cases this hospital should have had their butts sued off. I don't know why they are even in business. They should have been closed years ago.
Hopefully S&W will buy it out and clean house.

BillK
September 22nd, 2009, 10:14 PM
You really want me to tell you a few stories about Metroplex? Three personal friends and my wife have had very bad experiences there. I don't know all the medical terms so bear with me.
1. Good friend, met him in 1984 when I first moved here. He retired from the Army. Needed hip replacement surgery. Surgery seemed to go well, but after 24 hours couldn't get up. Turns out the doctors punctured a "sac" near the bottom of his spine when they administered the spinal. Had to call a surgeon in on Sunday. After two hours he finally shows all pissed off because he was playing golf. Gee, sorry doc. They wheel him off. Next day, same crap. They did it again. Repeat the procedure and they finally get it right and he can get up and walk. Five years later that hip replacement surgery had to be done again because it wasn't done properly the first time. As a wise and astute Army retiree, he elects for surgery at Scott and White.
2. Elderly Army retiree about 64 years old wasn't feeling good. His wife took him to the emergency room. After 2 hours they finally looked at him, said to go home there's nothing wrong. Early that morning he fell dead.
3. 19 year old daughter of very good friends of mine. Has an asthma attack and couldn't breathe on Christmas Eve. They call the ambulance and she's taken to Metroplex. They screw around for almost an hour before they got around to her. Her parents and husband went nuts, had her transferred to S&W. Too late. She died a couple of days later. The S&W doctors told them had someone done something much earlier she'd have made it.
4. My wife goes into Metroplex for a fistula implantation for kidney dialysis. The butcher screws it up. For nearly two months she had no feeling in her left hand. She goes back to this quack three times and explains. He pulls out a little test machine and states "I get a pulse". By the third trip her hand is nearly black. We quit messing around and I take her to a vascular surgeon at S&W who immediately determines the fool messed it up. They wheel her down to surgery and tie it off. Luckily she regained total use of her left hand.
In each of these cases this hospital should have had their butts sued off. I don't know why they are even in business. They should have been closed years ago.
Hopefully S&W will buy it out and clean house.

I cannot refute anything you said since I have no facts - but I can say - that just because you are sent home from an ER and die later does not mean that it could have or evne SHOULD have been cought when you were there - it MIGHT mean that - but not necessarily.

And if you go to ANY physician and he sees you you can hear him say - someone else messed it up or it should have been caught. So for me someone bad mouthing another professional does not carry a lot of weight.

I am sorry that you and your friends have had bad experiences, but again - I also can give you bad experiences that friends and family have had at S&W and if you are fair about it, I will bet that you can as well.

Bill

Voice-of-Reason
September 22nd, 2009, 10:37 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with people going to the ER who don't need to be there.

Have a cough? Drink some OJ and stay the hell home!

Hemorrhoids acting up? Eat more fiber, get some Prep-H and stay the hell home!

Sneezed this morning and think you got the swine flu? UGH!!!!!!!

If you feel ill, schedule an appointment with your doctor. If you don't have a doctor, because of a lack of insurance, I may reconsider my stand on national health care.

Beyond that, Triage at Metroplex would be more competent if they spoke English. Longest stretch without anyone being called (by doctors or ER) = about 2 hours. I find that unacceptable after having been at S&W several times. It never took more than 2-3 hours to be called with a jam-packed waiting room. 9 hours is absolutely absurd! We saw several doctors/nurses change shifts before we were called (we were priority at 12:30 and got called in at 21:00).

I know these guys have a rough gig; 12 hour, split shifts, in any configuration. But that's the life they chose. Saving people's lives is a commendable job! It takes a special person to do it. It takes great sacrifice. It's no different from a soldier risking his life for others. You know the deal before you sign up. It's not as glamorous as what you see on TV. If you can't handle it, don't sign your name at the dotted line!

I guess it's true ... the older you get, the more you gripe, moan, and complain :(

Rick
September 23rd, 2009, 10:11 AM
Actually, you are the only one I have ever heard call it that and I have been here for almost fifteen years.

I know good people who work there and they don't deserve to be associated with such a horrendous accusation as murder.

I have had some procedures there and never had a problem. Have always been treated in a very professional manner.

As for the original topic, it seems something wrong when someone with chest pains has to wait nine hours.

CenTexDave
September 23rd, 2009, 11:14 AM
"Actually, you are the only one I have ever heard call it that and I have been here for almost fifteen years." You must not get around much.
Glad you've had such good luck with them. Your luck may run out one of these days.
Perhaps if they would hire some American doctors things might improve. Too many Korean, Chinese, Indian, Pakistani, etc doctors.

Charles Grubb
September 23rd, 2009, 11:57 AM
"Actually, you are the only one I have ever heard call it that and I have been here for almost fifteen years." You must not get around much.
Glad you've had such good luck with them. Your luck may run out one of these days.
Perhaps if they would hire some American doctors things might improve. Too many Korean, Chinese, Indian, Pakistani, etc doctors.

English, please speak English and know something about our culture.

Msradar
September 23rd, 2009, 12:08 PM

I have to agree with you 100%. I have been hearing it caller "murderplex" for over 10 yrs now and I have a friend that has lived here 22 yrs and another friend who was born here(at kings daughters) who's family has been here over 40yrs this is what they all call it. Don't go their unless you want someone to kill you.

It would be nice too if they did hire doctors that at least spoke english well enough that their patients can understand them. I do understand why we attract so foreign doctors. We are in the middle of no where with rather poor quality of life when compared to Austin, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio with a pretty transient population. I can see where this area in years past qualified as rural area starving for doctors so just about any doc could get a job here.

Add to that the past issues with the military hiring contract doctors....which I do remember seeing nothing but foreign doctors at Darnell in past years.

I would hope that now that we have grown that we may start attracting better doctors.

But if you have had a wonderful experience...you are one of those lucky few...and I hope your luck last.

Rick
September 23rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
You must not get around much.
I do get around quite a bit. If you mean I don't hang around exclusively negative people, you have a point.

Your luck may run out one of these days.
Pretty safe to say that one day, luck will run out for all of us one day.

Oh, so is it just "those people" who are the murderers?

Rick
September 23rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Would either of you like to present your evidence of murders that have occurred in the building?

BillK
September 23rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
English, please speak English and know something about our culture.

Yes - I understand what you are saying and don't disagree with it.
What you will notice is that more and more foreign physicians are practicing in the US - particularly in rural areas where the english speaking physicians are reticent to go as they want the prime real estate.

Bill

Msradar
September 23rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Out of respect for a friend who lost his wife to Metroplex and the fact that I know that there is current litigation going on with that case. I will not.

But I am sure if you go ask the hospital's legal department...doubtful they will tell you anything. Hospitals have a way of keeping that under wraps. I am sure you could look at there death stats..and maybe the complaints to the state against the facility and the physicans that practice there and see who has been sanctioned.

CenTexDave
September 23rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
You really want the legal details? I suppose you want the names, too. I will tell you in my wife's case that she did consult with an attorney and he, prior to filing a malpractice suit, filed a complaint for her with the state and then doctor took off and went back to China. Turns out he had more than a few medical malpractice lawsuits pending. So she dropped the case.
You just can't stand to be proven wrong once in a while. Continue to go there and you, too, will experience a first-rate foul-up. I'm not saying they don't have competent doctors and nurses there. I'm sure they do, but the experiences I have had with them and am aware of tends me to believe they are not a good hospital.
Check out their non-first class dialysis clinic in the plaza on Fort Hood Street in the plaza where Big Al's is. I know first hand of two dialysis patients who died in there while undergoing dialysis. One case probably wasn't their fault - the patient just died while undergoing dialysis. Of course if the techs or nurse would have checked on the patient like they should every 1/2 hour or so they might have discovered she was dead. Not discover is when they went to remove the needles from her fistula. The other case involved them not securing the needles properly. One came out. No one could see the blood because virtually all dialysis patients cover themselves with a heavy blanked while undergoing dialysis because it is cold in the clinic. Most patients will also nap while undergoing dialysis. At least the patient died in her sleep. That place should have been shut down years ago. The idiot nephrologist they have running that place should have had his license to practice medicine revoked years ago.
Let's just say that Metroplex is to health care as Just Brakes is to a brake shop.

Msradar
September 23rd, 2009, 12:51 PM
You really want the legal details? I suppose you want the names, too. I will tell you in my wife's case that she did consult with an attorney and he, prior to filing a malpractice suit, filed a complaint for her with the state and then doctor took off and went back to China. Turns out he had more than a few medical malpractice lawsuits pending. So she dropped the case.
You just can't stand to be proven wrong once in a while. Continue to go there and you, too, will experience a first-rate foul-up. I'm not saying they don't have competent doctors and nurses there. I'm sure they do, but the experiences I have had with them and am aware of tends me to believe they are not a good hospital.
Check out their non-first class dialysis clinic in the plaza on Fort Hood Street in the plaza where Big Al's is. I know first hand of two dialysis patients who died in there while undergoing dialysis. One case probably wasn't their fault - the patient just died while undergoing dialysis. Of course if the techs or nurse would have checked on the patient like they should every 1/2 hour or so they might have discovered she was dead. Not discover is when they went to remove the needles from her fistula. The other case involved them not securing the needles properly. One came out. No one could see the blood because virtually all dialysis patients cover themselves with a heavy blanked while undergoing dialysis because it is cold in the clinic. Most patients will also nap while undergoing dialysis. At least the patient died in her sleep. That place should have been shut down years ago. The idiot nephrologist they have running that place should have had his license to practice medicine revoked years ago.
Let's just say that Metroplex is to health care as Just Brakes is to a brake shop.

Wow Dave, I am sorry to hear this...but not surprised. Many year ago when I first moved here I worked for a few of the many EMS transport services that have drifted through town....I saw a lot of stuff that was not Kosher and flat out wrong. I use to do transports to the dialysis center all the time. Same when I did EMS student intern time in the ER. OMG....they had one doc I thank god they are no longer affiliated with the facility and I am sure back in their homeland of the Phillipines now! So I KNOW what you are talking about.

CenTexDave
September 23rd, 2009, 1:07 PM
It was obvious to me, and most other patients and their families who had to use that clinic, that the Metroplex Dialysis Clinic was screwed up. I'd go pick up my wife after I got off work and she could barely stand and walk. Turns out they had her dry weight listed way too low so were removing nearly 10 lbs each dialysis session. It took about an act of Congress, but I finally got her switched to Scott & White Dialysis Clinic West in Killeen. She had to get a new Primary Care Physician through TRICARE Prime, go through him for a referral to S&W Hospital Nephrology and then go on a waiting list, but it was definitely worth it. Most of the patients at the new S&W Killeen West Dialysis Clinic were former patients over there. None of them have a good thing to say about the place.

Msradar
September 23rd, 2009, 1:27 PM
Yes, I remember those days of the life threatening shortage of dialysis chairs. Before the new clinic in killeen..back when dialysis was in the center across from the mall.

Its really sad..at least scott and white does have a physician on site when they are open which is a good thing. I did work for them and train in dialysis. The training was good...nurses were fantastic. I just could not handle the low pay...and left health care all together.

CenTexDave
September 23rd, 2009, 1:40 PM
Unfortunately I guess the pay, at least for the dialysis techs, is still low because they come and go frequently where my wife undergoes dialysis. Even the charge nurse changes every year or so. Can't blame them - lower pay than it should be - and the hours must be grueling. I usually get my wife there at 5:30AM. They are already set up and ready to go. The afternoon patients get out around 4:30-5PM, and then the machines need to be sterilized and the clinic cleaned.

Night Owl
September 23rd, 2009, 1:45 PM
My wife has been a nurse (LVN) for over 35 years and has never made over $14 an hour. She is no longer in nursing because of the low pay.

Msradar
September 23rd, 2009, 1:56 PM
When I was hired as a dialysis tech the pay was $7.20 hr at Metroplex and $6.10 hr and Scott and white for a tech. Metroplex you had to go to Waco for training for a month and the training pay was lower.(I forgot what it was then) But when you figured the low pay plus 50 mile drive your time and gas to get there it was not worth it. Scott and white was even worst. Add to it...it is hard work., Rewarding but hard. There are so many rules and regulations and you are dealing with blood and patients fissula's plus at the time scott and white employee benefits were the worst I had ever seen. I was better of on unemployment than working.

Poor benefits, long hrs and low pay is the reason why the turn over is so high. With the high transient population when I moved here I questioned the low pay and was told by a local business owner, I do not have to pay more...you take it or leave it...cause I got a line of military wives that WILL take it and I don't want benefits either!

Rick
September 23rd, 2009, 5:33 PM
Out of respect for a friend who lost his wife to Metroplex and the fact that I know that there is current litigation going on with that case. I will not.
If it was a murder, then there should have been an arrest or two. Wouldn't you think? Maybe a newpaper story to reference...anything?

I see nothing in what the two of you are describing as murder. But I am not a lawyer.

I do not go there except when referred so I do not recall anyone attempting to murder me. I suppose if someone at the place had murdered me or even tried to murder me, I would be upset as well. :rolleyes

Msradar
September 23rd, 2009, 5:49 PM
If person goes to a medical facility for treatment and the medical staff in that facility make a mistake that causes the death of a patient. I call that murder...but since you want to split hairs here..it would be medical negligence and one could sue for malpractice or wrongful death.

Being I lost an in-law this way. I am quite familiar..and I am sure the hospital and doctors were not happy when the verdict came in..GUILTY...and the settlement was well over $20 mil...but due to an agreement signed during jury deliberations...it was capped at $5mil...but you know no amount of money can bring a person back to life.

stormy
September 24th, 2009, 2:36 PM
Wow VooDooBaby. This is the same experience I had there when I had my son. Labor & Delivery nurses were AWESOME. I ended up having a C-Section and the surgical nurses, anesthesiologist (sp?) were also awesome. But that maternity ward.....most of them were horrible, and one lady almost drove me into a nervous breakdown because of how awful she was. I told one of the nurses some of the things she'd said to me and she gasped and said, "oh my God". It was horrible. I couldn't get outta there fast enough!

I had my son at Mplex. NEVER AGAIN. The labor and delivery nurses were great... afterwards... I was treated more like a burden more than a new mom. I never once pushed the button for help, but when they came in to check on me (every 8 hours or so), they just acted like they hated their jobs. I had a nervous breakdown the first night I was there because I was alone (husband in Iraq) and they put me in a shared room with a lady who's husband kept visiting, and kept saying how happy he was that he was home from Iraq in time to be there for her. The nurse came in, looked at me, handed me a washrag, and left. Three days was way too long to be there. I digress.

I sat at Darnall ER for 6 hours friday night, and 3 hours saturday afternoon. I guess all ERs are a pain in the...

causeandeffect
September 24th, 2009, 4:07 PM
I have had good, bad and down-right tramatic experiences at both Scott and White and Metroplex. I have heard many stories about all of the hospitals in the area from Hillcrest and Providence in Waco all the way to Seton in Georgetown. I heard the same about the facilities in San Antonio when I lived there. Some were wonderful, some were horrendous. Unfortunately it is everywhere.

BillK
September 24th, 2009, 4:18 PM
Wow VooDooBaby. This is the same experience I had there when I had my son. Labor & Delivery nurses were AWESOME. I ended up having a C-Section and the surgical nurses, anesthesiologist (sp?) were also awesome. But that maternity ward.....most of them were horrible, and one lady almost drove me into a nervous breakdown because of how awful she was. I told one of the nurses some of the things she'd said to me and she gasped and said, "oh my God". It was horrible. I couldn't get outta there fast enough!

Wow - that is all I can say - I KNOW for a FACT that the people that work there would be upset and apalled. So - just like any business that I deal with - I communicate - when I LIKE what they do as well as when I DON'T like what they do.

I would ask to speak to someone in a position of power there and let them know what happened - that is the only way you can fix it. When you have an unhappy employee they can cause a lot of damage before you even realize what is happening.

Bill