PDA

View Full Version : My cat thinks I'm a cat

catdog
July 20th, 2009, 4:42 PM
Recently my cat has started bitting my husband. She insists on either sleeping on top of me or right next to me at night. If my husband touches me when I am asleep she bites him. She follows me everywhere in the house not right up on me but nearby where ever I am.What is causing her strange behavior.

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
July 20th, 2009, 5:04 PM
Much of this may depend on things like if your husband was away for awhile (deployment, etc), new pets in the household, or other stress factors either obvious or sometimes not so obvious. Some behaviorists recommend restricting the cat's access to the bed for a brief period (a week or so) and then see how the cat behaves. Also, make sure the cat has been spayed. Cats and behavior issues can be some of the more frustrating ones that we deal with. Try locking the little devil out for awhile and then see if she accepts the hubby better.

Good luck.

Scarlett
July 20th, 2009, 5:53 PM
Mine acts like this when I leave for a long period of time. After these past two weeks away, I am in for a long month of cat following....

Iteachtoo
July 20th, 2009, 7:57 PM
Mine chews up my flip flops and ignores me If I leave him for a long period of time. It usually takes about two weeks for him to treat me like he normally does. Cats are funny little creatures.

Texas Immigrant
July 21st, 2009, 2:29 PM
I don't know what it is about this thread, but every time I read the title, somehow in my head I read it as "Me thinks I'm a cat".

christine
July 21st, 2009, 3:00 PM
I had a cat that was very sweet but slightly skittish around new people until he got comfortable with them. But it wasn't until I was dating my husband that my cat actually declared war on someone. LOL. It was odd to because my cat would allow my husband to love on him & be buddies but once I left the room & they were alone it was on.
It could be that the cat is jealous of your husband. That your cat sees you as his/hers.

catdog
July 21st, 2009, 5:12 PM
It is probably she is jealous he was gone for awhile and since he came back she doesn't seem to like him. She is spayed and just seems to dislike him lately, I will try locking her out to see if her behavior improves.