PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers talk.

sojourner truth
June 5th, 2023, 3:47 PM
Not sure what got into these guys' cereal bowl, but they are leading the AL West and have been really slugging. Houston is still right behind them. The Rangers have really taken a turn for the better this year.

fchafey
June 6th, 2023, 8:24 AM
39-20 is the best start in franchise history. I am very happy to see that. I hope they can keep it up. The wife and I played the Rangers Golf Course in Arlington. Very nice, in fact as nice as the Cowboys Club in Grapevine.

sojourner truth
June 6th, 2023, 4:16 PM
Evidently they won that game with ST. Louis the other night. One run eked out in the 9th inning. They need to unburde themselves of Hernandez and Sborz in their bullpen. These 2 idiots, especially Hernandez, are always good for snatching a defeat out of the jaws of victory.

But as hard as they have tried, the Rangers continue to win.

Rick
June 6th, 2023, 9:01 PM
They are doing good. I haven't kept up much with baseball this year since my team left me for wokeness.

sojourner truth
June 7th, 2023, 10:52 AM
AT least they didn't have to change but half of their Jerseys. Real work of genius going from the indians to the Guardians. Sort of like what First Heros National Bank did.

sojourner truth
June 8th, 2023, 11:53 AM
And a loss last night to St. Louis. 1-0. What a disappointment. But they can't win every time.

sojourner truth
June 9th, 2023, 7:46 PM
Tampa bay kicking the Rangers ass right now 8-1. Rangers look like crap and the Rays look great, for a change.

sojourner truth
June 10th, 2023, 8:25 PM
Well, they pulled it out today despite sending in Sborz and Smith to wrap up the game. Rubber game tomorrow.:)

fchafey
June 11th, 2023, 7:44 AM
Not many beating Tampa Bay right now. The Rangers giving the Rays fits truly shows they certainly are much better this season.

sojourner truth
June 12th, 2023, 3:07 PM
The Rays are top of their division, as are the Rangers. If the Rangers don't figure out that their bullpen stinks, and Their starters aren't all they hoped they would be,( and I point at Martin Perez here) and what the wooden thingies in the bag are for, they will repeat their basement performance.:)

Rick
June 12th, 2023, 9:00 PM
The Indians did them a favor by taking two of three from Houston.

sojourner truth
June 13th, 2023, 2:39 PM
Well, the Rangers lost again yesterday. I attribute it to bullpen relief, but they left the sticks in the bag again too.:doh

sojourner truth
June 16th, 2023, 2:50 PM
And they lost again to the Angels last night again. They just have a very hard time beating these guys. They play Toronto next and the same thing applies.

Ludwig
June 20th, 2023, 11:01 AM
Nothing but crickets when they win. I'd be very happy if I never have to see LeClerk on the mound again. He pitches like a Little Leger.

sojourner truth
June 20th, 2023, 1:18 PM
Leclerc is not that good, IMHO... He is who the Rangers send in when they have a huge lead just to give him some time on the mound. The Rangers have more than 1 guy that fits into that category.

sojourner truth
June 21st, 2023, 3:04 PM
And so they lost on a BS blocking the plate call. What a crock. And if it wasn't that, they would have found some other way to lose to the White Sox.

fchafey
June 22nd, 2023, 12:32 PM
The Rangers erupted for 6 runs and wound up taking 2 of 3 from the White Sox. I absolutely abhor the way umpires insert themselves in the game. I get moving strike zones, but all the other stuff is ridiculous.

sojourner truth
June 22nd, 2023, 5:19 PM
It's even worse in football. It's almost like the offense has to beat 2 opponents. The refs, and the opposite teams defense. The "blocking the baseline" call was pure BS. I don't blame Heim for being upset about it. Of course, it was almost worth it to see Bochy get tossed from the game, after the final play that is.

sojourner truth
June 24th, 2023, 1:46 PM
Well, it seems they managed to beat the Yankees in their house last night. Bet they lose by 1 run today.

sojourner truth
June 24th, 2023, 5:42 PM
I told Ya..... Yankees 1 Rangers 0. End of line.

sojourner truth
June 25th, 2023, 4:10 PM
And they managed to blow a 2 run lead and snatch a defeat out of the jaws of victory. God, I hate the Yankees. I suppose I should hate the Rangers, as bad as they are. At least they are still at the top of the AL West. They get the pleasure of hosting the Detroit Tigers at home in a few days.

sojourner truth
June 28th, 2023, 12:13 PM
Well, it looks like the Rangers finally figured out what the sticks in the bag are for. Martin Perez stinks this year, buy the announcers keep hyping up to be the greatest pitcher since Nolan Ryan. I sometimes wish that Raymond and Nitwitski would stop bragging about how great the team is and stop queering the deal.:)

sojourner truth
July 2nd, 2023, 4:43 PM
They are living on the home run again. And they ain't coming. Keep those sticks in the bag boys, your relievers will get the job done....Not.

sojourner truth
July 3rd, 2023, 5:14 PM
Well, once again the Ranger bullpen snatched away a beautiful comeback to lose the game to the Astros. The Rangers just can't seem to be able to beat these guys.:(

sojourner truth
July 5th, 2023, 10:56 AM
Beat Boston last night 6-2. Whoop dee doo. The Ranger relievers tried to give it away, but ran out of innings before they could. I do wonder if the Manager has figured this out yet.

fchafey
July 5th, 2023, 12:01 PM
Rangers have the 3rd best record in baseball right now at the All Star Break, behind the Braves and Rays. Not too shabby....

sojourner truth
July 6th, 2023, 10:43 AM
True enough, but the records were set when they knew what bats were for. Lately their bullpen and lack of offense have set them back a lot. Their standard starters look bad, and their bats have been relatively quiet. The biggest problem they have is that they live on the home run. You can't stay in the lead if you don't hit the ball, or allow the other guys to hit it.

fchafey
July 6th, 2023, 3:35 PM
Yes, they have dropped 5 of their last 7 games, but I hold out hope for the Rangers....

sojourner truth
July 7th, 2023, 11:57 AM
I'm glad someone holds out hope for them. I still think that their relievers stink. As is supported by last nights performance against the Red Sox. Imagine being the pitcher who gives up the go ahead run, and then imagine the others on the bench saying "Here we go again"...:))

sojourner truth
July 8th, 2023, 1:07 PM
Well, they managed to eke out a win over the Nats. They ran out of innings before the relievers had too much of a chance to give the game away.:)

sojourner truth
July 11th, 2023, 4:34 PM
All star break. Nothing but replays on ESPN.

Rick
July 14th, 2023, 9:46 PM
The Indians blew a 4-1 lead to the Rangers and are now losing, 11-4.

Good job!

sojourner truth
July 15th, 2023, 3:08 PM
Well, we all know today who won the game and it wasn't the Indians. I believe the final score was 12-4. But have no fear, the Rangers have won their one game. They will probably lose the rest of the series. :)

Rick
July 15th, 2023, 4:24 PM
Watching today's game. The announcers keep saying "Indians" wrong.

sojourner truth
July 15th, 2023, 5:45 PM
ANd my prediction was wrong as well. The Rangers actually won the second game in a row. Now watch the announcers start trash talking about how the Ranger are the greatest team in history. I always get a kick out of how they put people in the hall of fame years before it happens.

Rick
July 15th, 2023, 6:04 PM
Ya, the Indians couldn't string two hits together.

Rick
July 16th, 2023, 4:24 PM
Tribe bullpen choked today's game away. Gave up 4 runs in the 8th.

sojourner truth
July 16th, 2023, 4:28 PM
This is a first. The Rangers got a clean sweep of the Indians. 6-5. And they was robbed on the final out of the game too...:)

sojourner truth
July 18th, 2023, 1:43 PM
Well, whadda ya know. The Rangers beat the Rays last night. will wonders never cease? 3-2/ Final. and they evidently pulled it off in 9 innings.

Ludwig
July 18th, 2023, 7:10 PM
The Rays brought in the Ranger's game winner with a wild pitch in the 9th Inning with two outs. Not much for bragging rights but a win is a win. When it's against the Rays they need to take it any way the can.

sojourner truth
July 19th, 2023, 11:37 AM
Yep. sure did. ANd the Rangers won game 2 as well. I believe the final score was 5-3 Rangers.:)

Ludwig
July 20th, 2023, 9:26 AM
The Rangers swept the Rays. They treated the Rays as if they were the step-mother's children. The Rays may have more wins in their column but that's only because they don't play strong teams. I think the Rangers' secret is that they care about each other and they truly enjoy playing the game of baseball.

sojourner truth
July 20th, 2023, 5:30 PM
True enough about the Rangers liking the game, an each other... When Elvis left his entourage left shortly behind him it completely changed the negative atmosphere in the clubhouse. And the entourage went mostly to the Yankees, and we see where that has got them. Sweeping the Rays almost didn't happen, mostly because of a lack of the famous Ranger offense. They are not hitting opponent pitching as much as they used to. One win was due to a wild pitch. The problem with the Rangers is that they depend on the home run ball, and that is putting all of your eggs in one small basket. Their starting pitchers look like crap as well. Their bullpen is nothing to brag about either. Some of their best bullpen pitching happened when they sent in their relievers that did so poorly last season, but seem to have seen the light this year

sojourner truth
July 22nd, 2023, 5:07 PM
Well, it looks like the Rangers can't seem to work out a win over LA Dodgers. This is not a surprise. The Dodgers are at the top of the NL west, and a hard team to beat no matter who the opponent is. They lost last night, and unless their bats wake up, they are going to lose again today. These guys need to learn how to play "small ball" and quit relying on the home run.

fchafey
July 24th, 2023, 1:58 PM
The one thing I am looking forward to while at NTC is Dodgers games on TV. I do like me some Clayton Kershaw....

sojourner truth
July 24th, 2023, 2:58 PM
That reminds me of when my wife and I were in Germany and Florida. We always followed the Braves because that was all the American TV showed over in Germany. we just continued to follow them when we pcsd. Since we moved to Texas we have become Ranger and Cowboy fans. It seemed like the right thing to do, at the time. It seems that the Rangers finally figured out what the sticks in the bag are for last night and took at least one game from the red hot Dodgers. It was a well pitched game as well. I still think Martin Perez is overrated big time.

Now it is time for the Cowboys to give fans something to smile about. :)

sojourner truth
July 26th, 2023, 3:03 PM
The Rangers can't beat the Astros. They can come close, but always fall short.....

fchafey
July 26th, 2023, 6:18 PM
The Rangers can't beat the Astros. They can come close, but always fall short.....

Saw the highlights on Sportscenter. the Rangers certainly had their chances....

sojourner truth
July 27th, 2023, 8:28 AM
Yep. And they finally wormed out a win last night. 13-5 in the Astros house, which is very hard to do. There was a magic moment between Simien and Maldonado that made things... interesting... But a win is a win and I'll take it.

fchafey
July 27th, 2023, 8:41 AM
Second thing on Sportscenter last night. Gonna be a good second half....

fchafey
July 29th, 2023, 6:04 PM
The Rangers should be getting Max Scherzer from the Mets once he clears the Doc. Great from the Rangers and of course, it is that time of the year where the Mets get ready for golf for next year.

sojourner truth
July 31st, 2023, 10:35 AM
And they can't beat the Astros in their house either.

Ludwig
August 1st, 2023, 12:15 PM
And they can't beat the Astros in their house either.

You make it sound a lot worse than it is, at least this year. So far, it's not too bad. The Rangers only have a two-game deficit after ten games.

fchafey
August 1st, 2023, 4:23 PM
The Astros meanwhile get Verlander back.......

sojourner truth
August 1st, 2023, 7:29 PM
But the Rangers got Max Scherzer. Not that that will do them any good. They have to figure out how to give the pitching staff some support, and the relievers have to stop blowing leads. It seems that the Rangers just can't seem to hit good pitching.

fchafey
August 2nd, 2023, 2:41 PM
TV stinks here, so I have been watching a ton of Sportscenter ad MLB baseball. The "pundits" are really high on the Rangers. They have to get past the Rays. Though Baltimore is good, they aren't the Rangers, a lot say. I watched some of the Rays last night as they pounded the Yankees on TBS. The Rays are good.

sojourner truth
August 3rd, 2023, 12:59 PM
They beat the Sox again last night 11-1. I guess they finally took the sticks out of the bag and figured out what they are for.:)) I can't say as I blame the pundits, but the Ranger cant seem to beat the Rays, Astros or the other really good teams.

sojourner truth
August 4th, 2023, 3:55 PM
I really get a kick out of the Ranger announcers. They talked like Max Scherzer was the best Pitcher ever made. he looked like crap for his first 6 innings. I sure hope the Rangers didn't pay too much for him.

sojourner truth
August 10th, 2023, 5:45 PM
Let's see how they do with the Giants.:)

sojourner truth
August 14th, 2023, 11:05 AM
2 out of 3. Not bad for the Rangers on the road, and on the left coast.

sojourner truth
August 15th, 2023, 8:11 AM
12 to 0 last night. Hope they save some of those runs for the latter games.

Ludwig
August 15th, 2023, 3:48 PM
12 to 0 last night. Hope they save some of those runs for the latter games.Yes, the 12 was from good bats but let's not ignore the zero - that came from some really good pitching from Sherzer and the rest of the bullpen.

sojourner truth
August 15th, 2023, 6:27 PM
Personally, I think Scherzer is a pig in a poke. He did a terrible job his first time out, and it will take me a long time before I am a fan of his.

Ludwig
August 17th, 2023, 10:54 AM
Personally, I think Scherzer is a pig in a poke. ...Personally, I believe Scherzer is a child of God and he may or may not be my brother in Christ. However, I am no fan of any one person on a team. It is the team that has my allegiance. I merely give credit for superior individual performance from time to time.

sojourner truth
August 17th, 2023, 2:39 PM
Scherzer may be pretty good, but it IS the Rangers, as a team, who are doing well this year. I only hope they can get a division pennant this year. They are long overdue. But then, rooting for the Rangers is like rooting for the Cowboys. :))

fchafey
August 18th, 2023, 6:10 PM
I am rooting for the Rangers. It's the Astros, that might hinder that pennant. All the wild cards will come from the East I am afraid......

sojourner truth
August 19th, 2023, 12:58 PM
Yep. The Astros will certainly be a problem.... Especially if the Rangers continue to lose by a run in the late innings. They had plenty of Offense, but, once again, their pitching leaves a lot to be desired.

fchafey
August 20th, 2023, 8:14 AM
And the Brewers, a team threatening to move if they dont get a new place shut them out 6-0....wtf...

sojourner truth
August 20th, 2023, 5:17 PM
And today the Brewers , who are the NL central division leaders, swept the Rangers. The Rangers still have the bullpen full of losers, and evidently have hired a bunch of bad starters as well. Plus the offense must get tired of having to score huge leads just to give a game up to bad relief pitching. I still say that Scherzer was a bad investment. They didn't get him from a team who thought he could walk on water, that's for sure.

fchafey
August 21st, 2023, 1:08 PM
The Mets bought Scherzer to butts in seats. I don't know how much longer they can keep Lindor. The Rangers are certainly an enigma....

sojourner truth
August 21st, 2023, 6:15 PM
The Rangers are stupid if they think they can continue to win games off of the home run. they rely on offense and ignore defense. I sometimes wonder what their GM does for a living. Certainly he does not know baseball. Sherzer has looked like doo doo both times he has started. I don't understand what they see in him.

fchafey
August 21st, 2023, 6:59 PM
Post season maybe...leadership in the club house....I don't know either...

sojourner truth
August 22nd, 2023, 10:42 AM
The secret is called "small ball".

fchafey
August 22nd, 2023, 8:34 PM
They need to break their 5-game skid. I have the Astros-Red Sox on now and the Astros look good as usual....with Verlander pitching a home game there is the usual Kate Upton sighting's as well....

sojourner truth
August 23rd, 2023, 1:43 PM
It's hard to believe that the division leading Rangers have been soundly whupped by the Diamondbacks, that's for sure. And more than once. 11 innings in their first loss, and only 9 for the 2nd.

sojourner truth
August 25th, 2023, 11:10 AM
And they lost again to the Twins. When I turned the game off they were ahead 5 to 1. Just shows you how much they like to lose. Especially on the road.:rolleyes

Gramps
August 25th, 2023, 3:54 PM
Astros are in a slide too. 4-6 in their last 10.

sojourner truth
August 25th, 2023, 5:57 PM
Better than the Rangers. Last time I checked the Astros were only half a game back. No matter, the Rangers will find a way to lose to the worst teams in either league.

Gramps
August 26th, 2023, 6:38 AM
It will be an interesting September. After yesterdays games, Rangers & Mariners are in a tie for AL West lead. Astros are 1 game back.

sojourner truth
August 26th, 2023, 8:26 AM
The Rangers should be embarrassed after a 12 to 2 loss. And you are right, it will be an interesting September.

Rick
August 26th, 2023, 6:37 PM
The Indians are hapless. Going woke last year didn't help.

sojourner truth
August 26th, 2023, 7:24 PM
I don't think being woke is their problem. Perhaps the Rangers have a bit of that problem.

sojourner truth
August 28th, 2023, 11:09 AM
I can't believe the Rangers lost that game by walking in the final and winning run. Once again the bullpen gives a game away. At on point the Rangers led that game 5 to 0. Lets go Brandon and Bouchy.

sojourner truth
August 29th, 2023, 1:35 PM
Well, they won against the Mets last night in a squeaker. They need to shed themselves of Leclerc. He is the worst reliever in the big leagues.

sojourner truth
September 5th, 2023, 3:23 PM
The Rangers cannot beat the Astros. as was seen graphically last night. They had plenty of bats, but once again the bullpen let them down.

sojourner truth
September 6th, 2023, 5:38 PM
And they got skunked again. When will they learn. They have been terrible lately. It's like rooting for the Cowboys.:)

sojourner truth
September 10th, 2023, 7:54 AM
Finally, they squeaked out a 1 run win last night. Pathetic.

sojourner truth
September 15th, 2023, 4:40 PM
Well, they skunked the Blue Jays and swept the series. If they can keep the bats going and the relievers in line, they may stand a chance. They play a good team next, so we'll see. Of course they never ever did too well with Toronto, ao I was pleasantly surprised.

sojourner truth
September 16th, 2023, 12:51 PM
And they got their lunch money stolen last night. Let's see if they repeat last nights terrible performance. I bet they can.:))

sojourner truth
September 21st, 2023, 4:33 PM
Well.... It looks like the Rangers are trying their best to get to the basement. They found their bats last night, but have some days on the road coming up, and they never do well on the road. My suggestion would be to save some of those runs for the road.

Rick
September 22nd, 2023, 7:56 PM
The Indians managed to take three from the Rangers, then got swept by Kansas City, and then beat Baltimore last night.

All on the way to the living room for post season. Go figure.

fchafey
September 23rd, 2023, 6:57 AM
You could be a Mets fan. It was over for us back in May.....

Rick
September 23rd, 2023, 10:20 AM
You could be a Mets fan. It was over for us back in May.....And they spent a lot of money for that too.

sojourner truth
September 24th, 2023, 12:39 PM
Well, they managed to squeak out a 2-0 win yesterday night. Let's see how they do today.

sojourner truth
September 25th, 2023, 7:27 PM
Anf swept the series with a resounding 9-8 Win last night. Their Bullpen is the pits.

sojourner truth
October 1st, 2023, 3:16 PM
Lost one, won one with the Mariners. It looks like these bums might just go to a post season berth. It took a while to explain to my daughter how these usual bottom dwellers made it this far.:))

Gramps
October 1st, 2023, 5:14 PM
Astros and Rangers both make the playoffs! With today's Ranger loss and Astros win, They have identical 90-72 records. Houston wins the division since they won the head to head series and the Rangers qualify as a wild card.

Rick
October 1st, 2023, 7:37 PM
Congrats on your team making it.

sojourner truth
October 2nd, 2023, 5:50 PM
They are sort of "back dooring" this year as a potential winner. I doubt very seriously if they will make it past the first round of playoff games. Oh me of little faith.

Gramps
October 2nd, 2023, 6:31 PM
Back in the day, my hope was always for an I-45 World Series. Now I'll have to settle for an I-45 ALCS.

fchafey
October 4th, 2023, 8:28 AM
Rangers win the first game, that is pretty cool. I am all in for an I45 ALCS......the Braves seem to be the team to beat this year, with the Phillies next....we will see.

sojourner truth
October 4th, 2023, 1:35 PM
Oh me of little hope.:))

sojourner truth
October 4th, 2023, 5:16 PM
Looks like it's going to go a while longer. They are still living on the home run, and now Boche is saying something about it. Not that we won't take the homers, but they need to learn how to play sustained small ball.

fchafey
October 5th, 2023, 8:42 AM
During yesterday's game, late in the 7th inning, announcer Jessica Mendoza stated "The way to beat the Rangers is to get into their bullpen".....The Orioles are a tough out this year and having to play in Crackville, Maryland to start off isn't going to be any easier....it would be nice to see the Rangers do well.

sojourner truth
October 5th, 2023, 5:34 PM
The Rangers always use the same piss poor relievers too. Hernandez and LeClerc. They should have dumped these losers long ago.

fchafey
October 16th, 2023, 7:18 AM
Rangers up 1-0. Whoever that guy Montgomery was, he was awesome. It would be nice to see the Rangers leave up 2-0....

sojourner truth
October 16th, 2023, 11:03 AM
Montgomery has been one of the few starters the Rangers acquired that shows promise. He did a fair job for his former team, but not outstanding from what I hear. I think the Rangers got lucky last night, and don't expect much more out of them. But.... I am ready to be pleasantly surprised.

Rick
October 16th, 2023, 6:17 PM
Damn, they are about to go up 2-0 on the Astros, in Houston.

I'm no Rangers fan and never will be, but I have to admit that they really showed up for the playoffs.

sojourner truth
October 17th, 2023, 9:43 AM
That they did, but gave away 4 runs with their pitching. Then they try and lose by bringing in Le Clerc. When will Boce learn? They have a pretty decent bullpen with the exception of 2 guys, whom they seem to always go to in a pinch. Yep, Hernandez, who is good for about 10 pitches, and Le Clerc who is good for nothing. Being a Rangers fan is a lot like being a Cowboys fan.... It's an acquired thing that comes from living here in Texas.:)

fchafey
October 20th, 2023, 9:03 AM
And now the series is even. I remember many years ago when the Rangers got into the playoffs, and they faced the Yankees. I asked my dad if he thought the rangers had a chance. He promptly responded, no. That was pre 2002 as he passed that January. As a Mets. Jets, Devils fan I get it. Doesn't make it any better, but I get it....

fchafey
October 21st, 2023, 7:03 AM
Leclerc.....really....no wonder the Rangers are where they are....Altuve has the most home runs by a visiting player at Gloe Life/Arlington....lucky for the Rangers Framber Valdez is up next for the Astros......however the Rangers lose in 7....

sojourner truth
October 22nd, 2023, 8:02 AM
I always say they'll stretch it out to 7 just for the advertising money. But the Rangers were up 4-2 in the 8th, and who do they call in ... Leclerc... Who immediately walks a guy with a man on first and then gives Altuve a home run pitch.... Loser. I was so disgusted I turned the game off before seeing the end.

fchafey
October 23rd, 2023, 9:13 AM
Should be a good game tonight....for about 5 innings. Astro- Phillies in the World Series.....that ought to be a slugfest.

Johnny Frederick
October 24th, 2023, 11:03 AM
The RANGERS Win the Pennant, The RANGERS win the Pennant
J

Rick
October 24th, 2023, 11:32 AM
So much for home field advantage...lol

fchafey
October 24th, 2023, 1:40 PM
Good thing I have a day job....didn't see that coming from the Rangers.....and of course the Rangers have home field advantage....go figure. hope they win....

sojourner truth
October 24th, 2023, 3:33 PM
The Rangers never do good with a home field advantage... Same as the Astros. Stii, they have gone further than a lot of us thought they would.

Rick
October 24th, 2023, 10:29 PM
They'll face Arizona. Glad it's not Philadelphia, their fans are the worst.

fchafey
October 25th, 2023, 8:05 AM
I will root for Arizona, watch all the games. That should ensure a Texas win....I am happy for the Rangers....was listening to the Dan Patrick show on the radio yesterday and he did a "know your Rangers" spot. One had to guess if the player was a NY Ranger or a Texas Ranger....was pretty funny....

sojourner truth
October 25th, 2023, 11:01 AM
My wife is still wondering who is going to the World Series. I hate to tell her someone other than the Rangers, but it is likely to go that way. The Rangers have this tendency to choke during the critical times.:)

sojourner truth
October 28th, 2023, 5:07 PM
Rangers and The Dbacks.... What a joke. Adolis hits a walk off and the Rangers still live on the home run while Arizona plays small ball and gets close. Bet Garcia can't do it again.

sojourner truth
October 30th, 2023, 6:46 PM
And they lost... Still say it will go 7 games for the advertising Moolah.

sojourner truth
October 31st, 2023, 8:45 AM
The Rangers better back up to the win table with a mask on their faces. Corey Seager needs to be first in line. The bullpen did their best to give the game away, but ran out of time.

fchafey
October 31st, 2023, 8:56 AM
Yea the Rangers are an enigma to say the least. If all holds to form, Arizona should win game 7 in Texas. I do think Mad Max is a waste of money. Still happy to see the world series not in Boston, New York or California....

sojourner truth
October 31st, 2023, 11:18 AM
Well, Max Scherzer would be top of my list of starters to get shed of. He has too many physical problems.

sojourner truth
November 1st, 2023, 10:23 AM
I turned the game off when it was 10-1 Rangers.... Nice to see them win game 3, but it does make me wonder who gave up the other 6 runs the D Backs got. Probably the bullpen.

fchafey
November 1st, 2023, 2:40 PM
The Rangers went into "IDGAS" mode....so they chipped away, but it wasnt never close....Cory Seeger is the MVP, smartest buy the Rangers made...

sojourner truth
November 1st, 2023, 7:05 PM
Corey Seager is one hell of a ballplayer. He was probably one of the few smart Ranger purchases. Now, if they could just clone him.....:))

fchafey
November 2nd, 2023, 9:19 AM
Cory Seger MVP and the Rangers reliever Will Smith, who by the way is first player to be a part of three straight world series winning teams (Astro, Braves, Rangers). Happy for the Rangers, finally. Now every state that has two baseball teams, just two, all have a world series victory, more useless baseball trivia....

kantwin
November 2nd, 2023, 11:59 AM
Now every state that has two baseball teams, just two, all have a world series victory, more useless baseball trivia....
I think there may be more than 2 states with 2 baseball teams.

Florida - Rays and Marlins
Texas - Astros and Rangers
Illinois - White Sox and Cubs
New York - Yankees and Mets
Ohio - Reds and Guardians

Rick
November 2nd, 2023, 12:51 PM

Ohio - Reds and Indians
Fixed it for you...lol

fchafey
November 2nd, 2023, 2:21 PM

Ohio - Reds and Guardians

Just two baseball teams, thus the comma after two baseball teams. Not being a wiseass, but I know California has 4. Pennsylvania has two teams as well....the Pirates and Phillies...

kantwin
November 2nd, 2023, 2:41 PM
Just two baseball teams, thus the comma after two baseball teams. Not being a wiseass, but I know California has 4. Pennsylvania has two teams as well....the Pirates and Phillies...

I'm obviously not understanding the original statement you were trying to make then.

Rick
November 2nd, 2023, 2:50 PM
He meant that all the states with just two teams have won it all...I think.

The Sphere in Vegas saluted y'alls Texas Rangers.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231102/c17357bd66a7d8e1652397766467a5aa.jpg

sojourner truth
November 2nd, 2023, 3:52 PM
Well, well well.... The Rangers finally did it... after the last time failure in the final out of the final inning loss of the world series back then... I still can't forgive Nellie Cruz for not getting that home run ball...

gnatsum
November 3rd, 2023, 11:33 AM
Saw an internet story that stated that now only FIVE MLB teams have never won the World Series. Recall that two of them are the Rockies and the Devil Rays. Some of the five have been IN the World Series, they just haven't won.

Rick
November 3rd, 2023, 3:26 PM
Seattle Mariners
Milwaukee Brewers
San Diego Padres
Colorado Rockies
Tampa Bay Ray

sojourner truth
November 3rd, 2023, 4:42 PM
Saw an internet story that stated that now only FIVE MLB teams have never won the World Series. Recall that two of them are the Rockies and the Devil Rays. Some of the five have been IN the World Series, they just haven't won.

The Rangers have made it to the world series and lost in the last out of the last game, thanks to Nellie Cruz missing a home run, game winning, walk off homer by the other guys. This was a few years ago, but I am sure that there are a few others that have made it to the dance but went home hanging their heads. I have never forgiven Cruz for his lack of urgency or dedication to winning the big Tamale....

sojourner truth
November 5th, 2023, 4:41 PM
Well, the wife had me bring in her Rangers hats to the nursing home today... I guess that makes it official.:))

sojourner truth
March 29th, 2024, 3:11 PM
Well, it took them 10 innings and despite Leclerc trying to lose the game, they won 4 to 3. Thanks to Jonah Heim.

sojourner truth
April 8th, 2024, 10:25 AM
Lost yesterday to the Astros 3-1... That's about normal for the Rangers.

fchafey
April 8th, 2024, 10:59 AM
The 50th anniversary uniforms are awesome though...

Ludwig
April 8th, 2024, 12:47 PM
Lost yesterday to the Astros 3-1... That's about normal for the Rangers.

They beat the Astros 2 out of 3 so far. Their current count is 6 wins and 3 losses. No, losing is not the norm for the World Champs.

sojourner truth
April 9th, 2024, 11:57 AM
Only time will tell....:)

sojourner truth
April 16th, 2024, 9:03 AM
Beat the Tigers last night 1-0....:)

sojourner truth
April 17th, 2024, 11:22 AM
Lost yesterday 2-4. A lot of Rangers playing I never heard of.

fchafey
April 17th, 2024, 1:49 PM
The Rangers need more than Adolis Garcia to take them all the way down the road.....

sojourner truth
April 17th, 2024, 2:20 PM
They live off of the home run ball too much, and ignore the weak bullpen they have.