PDA

View Full Version : I'm in Cleveland for the Weekend

CenTexDave
July 15th, 2009, 3:26 PM
The scale said...199 this morning. I finally broke through that barrier. -26 since starting the program. -35 from all-time high!!!

Bought new shorts yesterday, size 36.

30th High school reunion this week. Look out!!!

Rick: Congrats on the weight loss. Are you going back to Conneaut for your 30th high school reunion?

Rick
July 15th, 2009, 4:05 PM
Making an appointment tomorrow for next week.
So, the shots are painfull? :-((
What are you guys eating all day long??
I don't care for Rice and Pasta, but i love my backed Potato with salsa. And Bagels.
I guess they out of the picture, right??????????
Low carbs all the way.
They tell you to try to stay under 35 grams of carbohydrates per day. I like cucumbers, and radishes and could eat them all day. Cheeses are good. Bacon and eggs. Lean meats are fine. Nuts are fine too. Just read the labels and look for low carb stuff. It's really easy and if I can do it, anyone can.

You get a lot of information from Atkins Website (http://www.atkins.com/Homepage.aspx).

Rick: Congrats on the weight loss. Are you going back to Conneaut for your 30th high school reunion?
Thanks!

I graduated from Geneva so that is where the activities are. Fly tomorrow, got a good deal on priceline for a room at the Airport Marriott in Cleveland.

Should be fun!

Gonna have to blow the diet a little and get a slice of that great pizza from Capo's and a donut from Madsens. But I haven't had them in 20 years, so I think I can handle it.

I made sure I got a hotel with a fitness center, so all will be well.

CenTexDave
July 15th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Enjoy your trip. When you pass by Progressive Field (the Old Jake by the Lake - home of the Indians) please shoot them the bird. What an embarrassing mess they are this year.
Glad you're on a good diet, but watch all the cheese and bacon and eggs. High cholesterol, my friend.

Rick
July 15th, 2009, 10:10 PM
If I get in when I should, I am planning on going to watch them try to play a game. I don't care that they suck. I just want to go. They have sucked all my life, but I still enjoyed going to the games.

CenTexDave
July 16th, 2009, 9:30 AM
Not all your life. Well, guess you weren't around in 1954 when they won a record 111 games and went to the World Series where they were trounced by Willie Mays and the NY Giants. In the mid-90's they were pretty darn good - two World Series appearances and the one in 1997 still pisses me off. They had that game seven won and then that idiot Jose Mesa gives up a run in the 9th inning and they lose in the 14th inning. Damn. That was their series for the taking. Games 3 and 4 were played at The Jake in sub-freezing weather and sub-zero wind chill. Brian Anderson, from Geneva, pitched for the Tribe in game 3. He goes to the mound wearing his shirt-sleeve jersey!! Everybody else is wearing cold weather gear - earmuffs, gloves, etc.
Have a ball back there, my friend. It's still a great place (to visit).

Rick
July 16th, 2009, 3:51 PM
Being almost good enough to win is not good enough.

Probbly too tired to go to the game tonight though. Gonna find some fresh Perch or Walleye for dinner. Then back to room.

Moving these posts to Travel.

BillK
July 16th, 2009, 4:00 PM
Being almost good enough to win is not good enough.

Probbly too tired to go to the game tonight though. Gonna find some fresh Perch or Walleye for dinner. Then back to room.

Moving these posts to Travel.

When I was there recently I ate at the Vietnamese restaurant there on 4th street (I think that is where it was) and also at the Mexican restaurant there as well - both of them VERY good. Remember that they also have one of the IRON CHEFS there now as well - try his restaurant (he actually has a couple).

I stayed at the Marriott across from the ball park. Is that where you are staying? Really convenient after the game.
Bill

Rick
July 16th, 2009, 4:21 PM
I got the Airport Marriot, still in renovation stage. Probably why I got a Priceline deal for $60.00 per night. Very nice room I have. I have a 50 mile commute to the reunion both tomorow and Saturday. But there is so much more to do in Cleveland. Plus I wanted to see the Rock and Roll HOF tomorrow.

cityboy
July 16th, 2009, 7:12 PM
I've been eating like a garbage disposal lately, but plan to go back on the low carb thing soon. I was introduced to the Atkins diet a couple years ago, and that thing works great. The first time I tried it, I lost 10 pounds the first two weeks, and another 10 the next couple months. I fell off the wagon, though, and started pounding down the carbs again. One thing I inherited from my dear mother is a massive sweet tooth. Combine that with my addictive personality, and look out! If one cookie is good, then two is better and six is even better!

CenTexDave
July 19th, 2009, 2:56 PM
Well, Rick, make it back to hot Central Texas yet?
Take in an Indians' game this weekend? Sorry team, isn't it?!!!

Rick
July 19th, 2009, 5:19 PM
Yes, left the Hotel in Cleveland, drove two hours to Columbus, less than an hour, was on a space A flight to DFW, landed at 8:00, at 8:40, began boarding the flight to Killeen. Landed at 9:40.

Total traveling and waiting time from Cleveland to Killeen, to include the driving, 7 hours 40 minutes.

Freaking awesome.

CenTexDave
July 19th, 2009, 8:26 PM
Welcome back, but you failed your mission. You were supposed to bring some rain back with you. We haven't seen a drop of this "50% chance".

Rick
July 19th, 2009, 9:57 PM
There were some good old fashioned downpours while I was here. They called it, "lake effect" rain...LOL Oh well, it rained.

I guess if we get rain, we could call it, "desert effect" rain.