PDA

View Full Version : Your 2021 "Woke" Cleveland Indians

Rick
December 14th, 2020, 6:57 AM
Sources: Cleveland to drop Indians nickname after 105 years (https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30515643/sources-cleveland-drop-indians-nickname-105-years)

They haven't won World Series since 1948, but all they are worried about is getting rid of their name.

Maybe try the Cleveland Cowards!

####ing disgusting!

sojourner truth
December 14th, 2020, 10:11 AM
The Cunnilingus....:) Or the Cleveland Coitus?

fchafey
December 14th, 2020, 10:19 AM
Well they used to be called the Forest City Spiders until 1915......I think it is pure garbage too. Good luck selling new merchandise to some really pissed off Cleveland fans....

Ludwig
December 14th, 2020, 10:38 AM
"Cleveland Cocks" has a nice ring to it. ...referring, of course, to male birds... On the other hand "Cleveland C*nts" ... well, no, that would not get by the women who are...

kantwin
December 14th, 2020, 11:02 AM
I wonder what CenTexDave would have said about this?

Rick
December 14th, 2020, 11:59 AM
Oh we know exactly what he would have said!

:m60::m60::m60::m60::m60::m60::m60::m60::m60::m60:

Night Owl
December 14th, 2020, 12:11 PM
Oh we know exactly what he would have said!

:m60::m60::m60::m60::m60::m60::m60::m60::m60::m60:
You are spot on.

txswimmer
December 14th, 2020, 4:11 PM
I still have my officially licensed Indians T Shirt. I bet it will be worth something soon.

The Chippewa were in Ohio for a time. Would that work oris that still non PC?

sojourner truth
December 14th, 2020, 5:41 PM
The Cleveland Covid crushers....:)

Rick
December 15th, 2020, 7:35 AM
How about to commemorate their last few World Series appearances, The Cleveland Chokers!

gnatsum
December 15th, 2020, 7:58 AM
The Cleveland...Cleavers. Logo will be a butcher knife slicing through a baseball...

Rick
June 17th, 2021, 10:15 AM
Pure heads up base running. You gotta love the hustle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5peqkqMkd8

sojourner truth
June 17th, 2021, 2:16 PM
I would not be surprised to see a logo with a huge pair of breasts poking out of a Cleveland uniform top and them changing their name to the Cleveland "Cleavage".. No... that would be sexist I suppose. :))

Rick
June 28th, 2021, 8:53 PM
Well hell. The Indians have been decimated by injuries. The entire opening day starting rotation is out. Franmil Reyes got hurt, catcher, Roberto Perez out, then last night, Josh Naylor suffered a gruesome broken leg when he collided in the outfield.

Despite all of this, they are still only two games out of first.

We'll see how long it will last.

txswimmer
June 30th, 2021, 10:25 AM
I wore my Indians T shirt the other day. Got a few dirty looks. Oh, well.......

Rick
June 30th, 2021, 10:39 AM
I worked the Knights of Columbus fish fry and wore one on my hats and someone asked if I was worried about hurting someone's feelings and I replied that I hope so.

Damn snowflakes!

mac
June 30th, 2021, 1:03 PM
I worked the Knights of Columbus fish fry and wore one on my hats and someone asked if I was worried about hurting someone's feelings and I replied that I hope so.

Damn snowflakes!

must be some sort of distant kin......I do the same exact thing with my Chicago Hocky cap and jersey and I'm neither a hockey fan, Black Hawk fan nor Chicago fan.....the girls say I just do it to be ornery and they 're prob'ly right....mac (but at the same time I have a great grandson who won't go with us if his Uropa doesn't wear his "indian" shirt and cap.....it's worth it.....

gnatsum
June 30th, 2021, 3:23 PM
The Left has now come up with a new acronym: BIPOC, or shorthand for 'Blacks and Indigenous People of Color'. As used in a sentence--"The Rotunda of the National Archives is racist, because the historical murals on the walls are not inclusive of BIPOC."

sojourner truth
June 30th, 2021, 6:06 PM
Well, the left is also trying to sell the idea that the hotel collapse was caused by global warming, so I am beginning to think that they are willing to think anything. They will have to come up with an acronym for that as well I suppose. "HCBOGW".. hotel collapsed because of global warming...:))

Rick
July 2nd, 2021, 7:01 AM
must be some sort of distant kin......I do the same exact thing with my Chicago Hocky cap and jersey and I'm neither a hockey fan, Black Hawk fan nor Chicago fan.....the girls say I just do it to be ornery and they 're prob'ly right....mac (but at the same time I have a great grandson who won't go with us if his Uropa doesn't wear his "indian" shirt and cap.....it's worth it.....
I wear it because it is a team that I grew up watching since I was a kid. We didn't have much money, so it was nice for the family to be able to go to a game for a couple of bucks and get a great hot dog. Ahh, the good old days. The twi-night double headers were the best. Two games for the price of one and often included fireworks after the games.

I would go visit my grandmother and she always had a game on. We'd sit and watch. She knew the players, their stats, you name it. I took my grandfather to the last game he ever attended in the 80's. He used to sell peanuts at the games in the early days.

It's funny how there is no outrage about the Blackhawks.

With the Indians, it started in the 90's when they started winning. No one cared when they would lose 90 games, but when they won 90, they were making headlines, which brought the snowflakes out to cry in front of cameras.

I am sure you Texas Rangers fans remember 10 cent beer night on June 4, 1974 (https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2020/06/fans-riot-on-10-cent-beer-night-on-this-day-in-cleveland-indians-history.html).

fchafey
July 23rd, 2021, 9:26 AM
And now it's your Cleveland Guardians......ad absolutely sad.......Bob Feller is spinning in his grave....

txswimmer
July 23rd, 2021, 9:33 AM
I am still wearing my Indians T.

Rick
July 23rd, 2021, 10:39 AM
Not surprised. There is a bridge in CLE with a "Guardians of Traffic" statue not far from the stadium. That's where this comes from.

Here's a screen shot from the opening of Major League.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210723/415ceb2eb6a39e8a9636a815c7dc20ca.jpg

gnatsum
July 23rd, 2021, 12:00 PM
I would've gone with 'Cleveland Rocks'. Hell, the 'theme song' already exists!! :)

And then there's all of the other rock references..."Rock You Like a Hurricane", "I Am a Rock", "Rock You" (Gimme an "R" (R)..." )

kantwin
July 23rd, 2021, 12:08 PM
Donnie Iris - Love is Like a Rock!

Rick
July 23rd, 2021, 12:22 PM
I would've gone with 'Cleveland Rocks'. Hell, the 'theme song' already exists!! :)

And then there's all of the other rock references..."Rock You Like a Hurricane", "I Am a Rock", "Rock You" (Gimme an "R" (R)..." )

They already do too much regarding the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The logo for the All-Star game in 2019 was a stupid guitar. Enough already

Rick
July 23rd, 2021, 12:22 PM
Guardians!!! They couldn't even guard a 3-1 lead last night!

kantwin
July 23rd, 2021, 12:28 PM
When I was in the Army, I was an air traffic controller. Our battalion HQ said we were "guardians of the sky". So, the unit motto / slogan was "Guardians".

fchafey
July 23rd, 2021, 12:29 PM
Not surprised. There is a bridge in CLE with a "Guardians of Traffic" statue not far from the stadium. That's where this comes from.

Here's a screen shot from the opening of Major League.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210723/415ceb2eb6a39e8a9636a815c7dc20ca.jpg

Well, you know the very first traffic light in the US was in Cleveland....I read where they got the Guardians from and it is Cleveland specific, that's for sure.

Rick
July 23rd, 2021, 1:02 PM
You can tell that they worked really hard on the script logo for the shirts.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210723/09fc178b00749cc84ee0f1c51fc40439.jpg

sojourner truth
July 23rd, 2021, 1:56 PM
Now I am waiting for all those who guard for a living to get righteous about it.:))

Rick
July 23rd, 2021, 4:45 PM
They got Tom Hanks to narrate the announcement. I'd rather have then spend money on players.

sickofpc
July 23rd, 2021, 7:27 PM
Guardians. Really? I just can't imagine standing up at a game yelling "Let's go Guardians!!"...it's the worst.
Wonder why no outcry about the Chiefs?
I hope Snyder just keeps calling Washington like he has.

I would think that some pc people would be offended about a team being called...cow boys... :doh

Rick
July 24th, 2021, 8:20 AM
I guess historically, Guardians were famous for choking in the 9th inning?

sojourner truth
July 24th, 2021, 11:11 AM
Naah... That distinction lies with the Texas Rangers. And the 9th inning starts with the first pitch.:))

Ludwig
July 24th, 2021, 1:00 PM
As to the name change, the people of India have not yet registered their feelings about it. I would venture to guess that the First People really don't GAS about it because they know that they're not "Indians."

sojourner truth
July 24th, 2021, 5:14 PM
Native Americans? Nope. Someone was here before us I am told. Aboriginal Americans? Sounds like we came from Australia. Red skins. That about sums it up nicely. And, they had chiefs too.:))

sojourner truth
July 25th, 2021, 9:11 PM
And the Rangers set a new record today. 105 innings not having a lead. Pretty impressive stat when you consider how many others have tried. AT least they are setting some sort of record. They have tried very hard to be below the extremely low set of standards they have set for themselves.

Rick
July 26th, 2021, 6:24 AM
The comeDIANS managed to win yesterday.

I could forgive the Indians for losing after all their key injuries, but not the Guardians. That just shows that their priorities are not in order.

gnatsum
July 26th, 2021, 7:56 AM
They got Tom Hanks to narrate the announcement. I'd rather have then spend money on players.

Maybe he did for free?
He's got "enough" on his plate now--one of he supermarket tabloids has an 'exclusive' cover story, where one of his sons admits that mom Rita Wilson is emotionally abusing Tom...and Tom isn't willing to confront her or fight back to any degree.