PDA

View Full Version : fresh veggies - open market

nightshift
July 10th, 2009, 8:25 PM
Where can I get fresh veggies - is there a farmer's market in Harker Heights

kryptickancer
July 11th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I hear there's one in Killeen. The one in Cove was terrible. 3 trucks with nothing much on them.

VooDooBaby
July 11th, 2009, 9:18 PM
Best bet might be to head on down to Austin with a cooler, and stock up.

BillK
July 13th, 2009, 1:43 PM
Best bet might be to head on down to Austin with a cooler, and stock up.

Georgetown has a nice one - but there are TWO of them in Austin that we frequent regularly - both are very nice.

Bill

CenTexDave
July 13th, 2009, 8:21 PM
I assume the one in Cove you're talking about is the one at the VFW. You have to hit them right when they open or you're SOL. Saturdays 10AM-2PM; Mondays 3-6PM.

getserious
July 14th, 2009, 11:20 AM
They have one in Belton on penelope and central on saturdays. Not bad.

kryptickancer
July 14th, 2009, 1:47 PM
I assume the one in Cove you're talking about is the one at the VFW. You have to hit them right when they open or you're SOL. Saturdays 10AM-2PM; Mondays 3-6PM.

I was looking for watermelons... Do they have those? Do you know what they "usually" have? Just curious. I was really disappointed when I went :P

CenTexDave
July 14th, 2009, 5:55 PM
For melons get there when they open, even a few minutes before. Bought a watermelon last Saturday from them and it was pretty good. They have regular and seedless.
Tomatoes go quick also. They had a ton of okra last weekend.
Their usual stock is really down because of the drought.

Phantomwarrior
July 20th, 2009, 2:13 PM
Where is the Farmer's Market in Killeen and when is it open? Does anyone know if it is any good?

skyblue
July 26th, 2009, 4:10 PM
There is a guy that has a stand sit up beside Casper`s Meat Market out on Elm Road and W. S Young ....

Scarlett
August 1st, 2009, 3:23 PM
I was looking for watermelons... Do they have those? Do you know what they "usually" have? Just curious. I was really disappointed when I went :P

There is an old guy selling watermelons out of the back of his truck by Bush's chicken on Willow Springs. He is there just about daily lately. No idea how good they are....

Rick
August 1st, 2009, 7:38 PM
Yep, saw him today.

BillK
August 2nd, 2009, 8:54 PM
There is an old guy selling watermelons out of the back of his truck by Bush's chicken on Willow Springs. He is there just about daily lately. No idea how good they are....

OK - I have to make extra money somehow and selling watermelons out of the back of my truck seemed like a good way - you don't have to comment on my age <grin>.
I guess that you could have said "ugly old guy".
Thanks
Bill

Scarlett
August 2nd, 2009, 9:27 PM
Yeah right Bill. That OLD GUY doesn't sit there with a laptop and you are always here...heehee...nice try! :thumbsup

Rick
August 2nd, 2009, 9:47 PM
Bill, how many watermelons fit on the back of a segway?

BillK
August 3rd, 2009, 5:58 AM
Bill, how many watermelons fit on the back of a segway?

None - but in the TRAILER that I PULL with the Segway I can get several! :thumbsup

Bill

beaver
August 3rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
There is a guy that has a stand sit up beside Casper`s Meat Market out on Elm Road and W. S Young ....
Cosper's...............Casper is a friendly ghost.

VooDooBaby
September 8th, 2009, 3:56 PM
www.sprouts.com (http://www.sprouts.com) This place just opened two locations in the Austin area. I plan on going next monday when I take my son to his Dr. appt. I can't do places right when they open up... too packed. I hope it has lots of good stuff!

VooDooBaby
October 13th, 2009, 8:52 PM
I went, and I'll go back. The prices aren't crazy, and there was alot of neat stuff that you can't get here in the Killeen area. Wonderful coffee selection too! If anyone wants to go, you exit 620, and it's in the shopping center on the right.

cityboy
October 14th, 2009, 9:19 AM

I'd like to go see that guy make his stand sit up. Sounds like a neat trick ... :smoke

Night Owl
October 14th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Not THAT stand CB........................:)