PDA

View Full Version : Gardasil

kryptickancer
July 7th, 2009, 11:33 AM
For those of you who are considering this vaccine for yourself or your daughters.

"Anaphylactic shock," "foaming at mouth," "grand mal convulsion," "coma" and "now paralyzed" are a few of the startling descriptions included in a new federal report describing the complications from Merck & Co.'s Gardasil medication for sexually transmitted human papillomavirus – which has been proposed as mandatory for all schoolgirls.

The document was obtained from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration by Judicial Watch, a Washington group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, and it has details of 10 deaths just since September.

"Given all the questions about Gardasil, the best public health policy would be to re-evaluate its safety and to prohibit its distribution to minors. In the least, governments should rethink any efforts to mandate or promote this vaccine for children,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

The organization's work uncovered reports of about one death each month since last fall, bringing the total death toll from the drug to at least 18 and as many as 20. There also were 140 "serious" reports of complications including about three dozen classified as life-threatening, 10 spontaneous abortions and half a dozen cases of Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

The document reveals the case of an 18-year-old woman who got the Gardasil vaccine, was found unconscious that evening, and died. Another woman, age 19, got the drug and the next morning was found dead in her bed.

Here is the rest of the story. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=68454

Rick
July 7th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Wow! And to think Texans almost had this shoved down their throats.

FieryPrincess
July 7th, 2009, 1:14 PM
Just like the varicalla vaccine...

Beware of drug commercials with too many happy people in them (including Smilin' Bob!)

I once read where when a drug is released is is considered to be over 100% safe based on the testing that is done in advance. Then when it hits the broader populations, its safety percentage steadily drops. About the time it gets to 80% safe, something similar with the 100+% rating is introduced.

Couple this with the costs incurred to create a drug and it does help to paint a clearer picture as to why health costs and insurance rates skyrocket.

asimalves
July 7th, 2009, 10:23 PM
My daughter had the Gardahil series. She had the first 2 in her thigh and the last one in her arm. Had no problems with the shots in her thigh, but had a slight reaction in her arm. Just red and raised. It is a painful shot and best given where there is more 'meat' as in the thigh. I know of many other young girls who have also had the shots and have not had any problems. Just, as in any other medication, do your research.

Iteachtoo
July 7th, 2009, 10:27 PM
My 20 year old daughter's Gyno would not give her the vaccination. She (the doctor) stated that she did not trust the vaccine yet because it was just kinda thrown into service.
Just one person's thoughts.

stormy
July 8th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Very interesting. My daughter had the first of the series before she left for summer vacation. Wasn't near as painful for her as it was when my step-daughter got it. Could it be who or how the shot is given? No reaction, either and the pediatrician recommended it. The report makes me nervous, but I also think that vaccines can always have adverse reactions in some people, regardless.

kryptickancer
July 8th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Here is another post about the ingredients in Gardasil... This shocked the hello out of me...

Gardasil Vaccine Ingredients - Roach Killer, Aluminum, and Polysorbate 80

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/921099/gardasil_vaccine_ingredients_roach.html?cat=70

VooDooBaby
July 8th, 2009, 4:42 PM
I had the first shot in my arm. The area was raised, red, and very itchy. I then got horribly sick. I didn't go back for the rest of the shots.