Temple @ Cedar Ridge

Waco vs Waco University

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CenTexDave
August 26th, 2019, 8:14 AM
Way too early to make predictions.

kantwin
August 26th, 2019, 8:45 AM
I can tell you the score before the game even begins. 0-0...
I predict that each game will have a winner, unless it ends in a tie.

Ludwig
August 26th, 2019, 4:24 PM
... I predict that each game will have a winner, unless it ends in a tie. They will all be winners because they played don't you know.

stevendub
August 26th, 2019, 8:13 PM
Way too early to make predictions.

True. I’m hearing good things from Cove this year though. Saw highlights from Shoemaker’s scrimmage, they’re gonna have more team speed than usual, especially on offense. Ellison returns 14 starters from last season though so I’ll give them the top team in Killeen, for now.

CenTexDave
August 30th, 2019, 8:42 AM
Appears Killeen can't beat RR Stony Point. Lost to them last year and again last night.

sojourner truth
August 30th, 2019, 1:40 PM
Anyone have scores on the rest of the games? Seems the media went to bed early last night.

CenTexDave
August 30th, 2019, 2:22 PM
Most are tonight. Last night's Killeen-RR Stony Point game was the only Thursday night game in the area.

Night Owl
August 30th, 2019, 2:28 PM
Anyone have scores on the rest of the games? Seems the media went to bed early last night.
They are all 0-0 until they kickoff tonight.:))

sojourner truth
August 30th, 2019, 6:01 PM
Duh... OK, now I can out 2 and 2 together. Geee, no wonder I didn't hear many scores except for KHS/Stony point.

stevendub
August 30th, 2019, 9:55 PM
Looks like Shoemaker is on their way to a big upset over San Angelo Central, up 42-21 in the 4th. Ellison down 28-6 to A&M Consolidated, Burleson has come back on Cove, up 34-24 both games in the 3rd. Harker Heights hanging in with Round Rock, only down 35-27 in the 3rd quarter.

stevendub
August 30th, 2019, 9:57 PM
Looks like Shoemaker is on their way to a big upset over San Angelo Central, up 42-21 in the 4th. Ellison down 28-6 to A&M Consolidated, Burleson has come back on Cove, up 34-24 both games in the 3rd. Harker Heights hanging in with Round Rock, only down 35-27 in the 3rd quarter.

Update Cove just scored, 34-31 in the 4th quarter. So did Shoemaker again, now 48-21 with under 4 minutes left.

stevendub
August 31st, 2019, 1:33 AM
Final scores:

Stony Point 25, Killeen 20 Roos kinda ran out of steam in the 2nd half

#7 A&M Consolidated 49, Ellison 6. Tough but then again A&M is really good. I think the Eagles will still be a factor in district play.

Round Rock 42, Harker Heights 34. Knights seem like an improved team, definitely on offense anyway.

Euless Trinity 20, #20 Waco Midway 14

#7 Austin Westlake 48, Belton 0

Cedar Ridge 35, Temple 29. Wildcats apparently have some inexperienced players right now but they’ll most likely figure things out as the season goes on.

Waco University 36, Waco 35.

Burleson 41, Copperas Cove 38

Shoemaker 54, San Angelo Central 21. Grey Wolves with one of the most shocking upsets in the state this week. And the only district team to win this week.

CenTexDave
August 31st, 2019, 5:36 AM
From the results I have read, I wouldn't bet on any of these teams out of this district. Shoemaker did win impressively though. The rest appear to be the usual joke.

sojourner truth
August 31st, 2019, 9:21 AM
Ellison was at A and M consolidated, so a loss there was to be expected. It was the first game of the season as well, and I hope the team can overcome any attitude issues it may have before the next game... I will go and see that one as it is a home game and we have tickets already. God willing and the Creeks don't rise.:)

fchafey
September 1st, 2019, 7:18 AM
High School #6 isn't going to help the talent pool any. I wonder if HS #5 in this town would have kind of "A longest yard" effect on a team. :)

sojourner truth
September 1st, 2019, 12:56 PM
I was talking with my friend in church this morning who used to be the head coach at Shoemaker HS. He informed me that Ellison played A and M Consolidated and lost, and that Consolidated is ranked something like 7th in the state. Next week they play some team out of Austin whom I have never heard of, and he tells me that they are another super team and nearly impossible to beat. But on any given Friday night.....

fchafey
September 1st, 2019, 2:25 PM
I am sure there is a lot more to getting rid of the ninth grade centers for HHHS and Shoemaker HS to be named, like future population etc etc....but that sure did in the good teams Ellison and Killeen used to have.

sojourner truth
September 1st, 2019, 10:11 PM
I am sure there is a lot more to getting rid of the ninth grade centers for HHHS and Shoemaker HS to be named, like future population etc etc....but that sure did in the good teams Ellison and Killeen used to have.

Well, I like to comfort myself by realizing that there is more to life than HS football.