PDA

View Full Version : Your 2019 Cleveland Indians Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Rick
December 13th, 2018, 1:24 PM

CenTexDave
December 14th, 2018, 6:09 PM
Guess I can't bash Fat Ed anymore, but will miss his Parrot Rides. Not too thrilled they let Diaz go - they were going to try him at 3B so JRAM could play 2B. Hope this doesn't mean Krapnis goes back to 2B.

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2018, 6:16 AM
The unloaded Yonder Alonso to the ChiSox last night for some "prospect".

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2018, 7:53 AM
Just read that one of our top prospects, a kid from Taiwan named Yu Chang, may end up at 3B. In two years he's gone from A up to AAA and made each division's all-star team. Great defensive infielder - glove and arm, hits for average with power.
The Tribe will definitely look different next season. Still have hopes they sign Brantley.

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Now if they'd just unload Kipnis!!!!

CenTexDave
February 8th, 2019, 11:32 AM
Josh Tomlin is gone - just signed with Milwaukee. Longest running member of the Tribe.

Rick
February 8th, 2019, 1:48 PM
Lindor got hurt prepping for spring training.

CenTexDave
February 8th, 2019, 7:49 PM
"Prepping" for spring training? A right calf strain and out for 7-9 weeks? What'd he do - sit on his rear end since the playoff loss?
Of course it should have been expected - they just gave him a pay raise to $10M for this upcoming season.

txswimmer
February 14th, 2019, 1:11 PM
I love the Indians, but don't have the paper or cable. What is a good site to keep up with them?

Rick
February 14th, 2019, 1:53 PM
I love the Indians, but don't have the paper or cable. What is a good site to keep up with them?www.Centextalk.com...this topic...lol

The Indians Twitter feed is the best in sports.

txswimmer
February 14th, 2019, 2:21 PM
Never even thought of Twitter. Thanks!

CenTexDave
February 15th, 2019, 8:26 AM
Refuse to use Twitter. But without cable/satellite you may be able to catch a couple games each year when they play the Rangers and Astros.

CenTexDave
March 19th, 2019, 7:37 AM
Anyone been following spring training? Will be interesting to see which players make he 26 man roster (up from 25) for the Tribe. All we hear is about how they don't have an outfield, yet they have 3 guys who are putting up great numbers
in spring training games. I'd be wiling to be that one won't make the roster. And the supposed great starting five - Kluber, Carrasco and Bauer have been getting shelled, while Bieber and Clevinger have been great. Lindor is now playing in AAA games but has not looked good.

fchafey
March 19th, 2019, 8:33 AM
I have, but for the Mets, Rockies, Dodgers, and Rangers....haven't seen much for Cleveland except for the people they have gotten rid of....I think it is too early to get any kind of a clue...

Rick
March 19th, 2019, 9:15 AM
Don't judge the pitchers in spring training too harshly. Most likely, they are only throwing fastballs and changeups. Bauer just started throwing his full arsenal last week. So when batters know that they aren't going to see a large variety of pitches, they know what to expect.

CenTexDave
March 19th, 2019, 9:51 AM
Bauer has K'd plenty of batters but also has given up a lot of runs. Same with Kluber and Carrasco, just not as many K's.

Rick
April 7th, 2019, 8:31 PM
Tribe is off to a 6-3 start. Swept Toronto this weekend. Half game behind Detroit.

sojourner truth
April 7th, 2019, 8:52 PM
Better than the Rangers for sure. Seems like they decided that picking up every Tommy John surgery survivor was a real bargain and great idea for the teams pitching roster. Hasn't worked out yet that's for sure... As the Angels have shown us this week.

Rangers are having their usual pitching problems combined with high priced guys that are supposed to hit home runs but can't even hit singles. Oh, they hit home runs... But they are always solos, and come only every 20th at bat. The rest of the time they are easy outs.

CenTexDave
April 7th, 2019, 8:56 PM
Tribe's pitchiing has been good, although Kluber and Carrasco had one bad outing each, but Clevinger and Bauer have been lights out.

Rick
April 29th, 2019, 7:11 AM
Tribe's pitching has been decent, but they are not getting much run support. Was nice to see them split the series with the Nastros, but those two games were winnable with some offense.

CenTexDave
April 29th, 2019, 10:06 AM
One thing I've noticed with the big three starters - Kluber, Carrasco and Bauer - they're usually only good for 6 innings. The wheels come off in the 7th. Announcers last night brought up that after the 6th (2 times through the batting order) opponents were hitting .450+ against Carrasco. Sure enough - gives up 4 runs.

fchafey
April 29th, 2019, 3:10 PM
I was waiting for AJ Hinch to say when he was asked by what's her name at ESPN, how to you prepare for a team that you know so well as they know you? I wanted him to say ask me again in the 7th inning.....but fo course it was some uber political nothing answer.....very early in the season. wake me up when in August....

Rick
April 29th, 2019, 4:05 PM
One thing I've noticed with the big three starters - Kluber, Carrasco and Bauer - they're usually only good for 6 innings. The wheels come off in the 7th. Announcers last night brought up that after the 6th (2 times through the batting order) opponents were hitting .450+ against Carrasco. Sure enough - gives up 4 runs.

Ya, I noticed that they were blowing the Astros all night long.

CenTexDave
June 3rd, 2019, 8:32 AM
What a difference a year makes. Dolan being the cheapskate he is needs to sell the team to someone who wants a winner.

fchafey
June 3rd, 2019, 8:45 AM
Saw them a couple times this year. They look pretty bad in the field. Also saw where Miller is a Cardinal. Then again it's only June and baseball doesn't really start until August 1st....

Rick
June 3rd, 2019, 10:18 AM
Pretty sorry team so far this year. No hitting whatsoever.

New pitcher, Plesac is looking good in his first two starts.

CenTexDave
June 3rd, 2019, 1:58 PM
But some good up and coming talent - Allen is starting to hit, Oscar Mercado is a star in the making. Brad Zimmer now rehabbing in the minors. That should be their future OF. Will need all the help they can get when Lindor leaves.

Rick
June 4th, 2019, 8:07 AM
Don't forget, they dumped Chief Wahoo, now, they are 11.5 games out of first place. :)):tribe :tribe

CenTexDave
June 4th, 2019, 9:01 AM
Serves them right. Dolan dumps the Chief in the face of a threat of losing this year's all-star game.
He could have kept Brantley - Brantley was a bargain for the Astros and he's 4th in the AL in hitting. Santana for Encarnacion was even trade-off and Dolan saved some $. Letting Yan Gomes leave may have been his dumbest move.
They bet on their starting pitching to carry them. They've been terrible.

Rick
June 5th, 2019, 7:03 AM
Tribe had a good 5-2 win against first place Minnesota last night.

CenTexDave
June 5th, 2019, 7:35 AM
Lindor is back. 4 HR's and he had two of them and a double. If JRam would start to hit it could get interesting. Clevinger is beginning rehab pitching at AAA Columbus. If he comes back healthy would be great.

CenTexDave
June 6th, 2019, 6:00 AM
Now Carrasco's on the injured list - a "blood disorder". Knew something was wrong with him - don't go from being a very good pitcher to a bum like he did.

Rick
June 6th, 2019, 7:10 AM
I saw that he was put on the DL.

Another good win last night against the Twins. Came back from being down 5-1 to win it 9-7 after a rain delay.

CenTexDave
June 6th, 2019, 9:05 AM
Roberto Perez is stepping up his hitting. While he will never hit .275, he is showing some good power, calls a good game and is good defensively. Guess all he really needed was his every day chance. And who can forget his two HR game in Game 1 of the World Series?!

Night Owl
June 6th, 2019, 12:05 PM
Hope springs eternal.:))

CenTexDave
June 6th, 2019, 5:02 PM
I think their run is over. From 2014, when they made the wild card, to last year was a 5 year window of opportunity. Possible they could make it to the playoffs this year, but the starting pitching needs to get healthy soon.

Rick
June 7th, 2019, 7:04 AM
They fell short last night. Tried to mount a comeback and lost 5-4. Kepler hit three home runs against Bauer. His second the homer game in Cleveland. They need to trade for him...lol

There's a lot of baseball left and if JRam can get hot, they'll make a charge before the season is over.

CenTexDave
June 7th, 2019, 7:43 AM
Can't understand what is wrong with Bauer. Think he's relying too much on his breaking stuff - rear back and throw it.
Now the Yankees come to town for a 3 game series. Need to take 2 of 3 or we risk of being out of this before the all-star break.

CenTexDave
June 7th, 2019, 8:38 AM
They fell short last night. Tried to mount a comeback and lost 5-4. Kepler hit three home runs against Bauer. His second the homer game in Cleveland. They need to trade for him...lol

There's a lot of baseball left and if JRam can get hot, they'll make a charge before the season is over.

Perez really stepping it up. Need to get JRam going. Really beginning to wonder what is wrong with him. Been mired in this slump since last July, which was about the time some wild rumors started flying he was
under investigation for taking PEDs. :)

Rick
June 7th, 2019, 8:36 PM
Tribe beat the Yankees 5-2 tonight. Yay

CenTexDave
June 8th, 2019, 7:12 AM
Santana is having one helluva year. And now Lindor is also. Even Kipnis had 2 RBIs. This new pitcher, Zack Plesac, looks like the real deal.
Being reported Clevinger hit 98 mph during a rehab start at AAA Columbus. Sure could use him back soon.

Rick
June 8th, 2019, 5:54 PM
Tribe beat the Yankees again, 8-4. Robo hit another home run.

CenTexDave
June 9th, 2019, 9:37 AM
Perez is on a tear. JRam is now batting under .200. There seriously comes a point where Tito will have to do something with him - he's not helping the team.
Strange how they looked terrible a week ago, come home and take 5/6 from division leaders.

Rick
June 10th, 2019, 7:38 AM
Yankees won 7-6 in ten innings. Tribe came back from five down then tied it at six in the 9th. They didn't quit when down. Taking two of three from the Yanks is never a bad thing.

CenTexDave
June 10th, 2019, 7:51 AM
Don't understand Oliver Perez. Last year he was unhittable; this year his ERA is over 7.00. But 2/3 ain't bad against both the Yanks and Twins. Problem is, haven't gained much ground.

Rick
June 10th, 2019, 12:51 PM
They have to win 11 more games than Minnesota. Minnesota won 10.5 more games than Cleveland while Cleveland was playing lousy and is dealing with injuries to key players. The rest of the season should be fun to watch.

CenTexDave
June 10th, 2019, 6:17 PM
Have a feeling they're gonna be sellers prior to the July 31 deadline, especially if Kluber and Carrasco aren't back.
Look for the to trade Bauer. Maybe even Lindor - should get the farm for Frankie.

Rick
June 12th, 2019, 6:54 AM
Bauer and the Tribe's pitchers pitched good last night, but so did the other guys.

Tribe won 2-1 on ten innings.

CenTexDave
June 12th, 2019, 8:47 AM
I followed it on Yahoo sports. Good game. Now we just need Minnesota to lose a few.

CenTexDave
June 12th, 2019, 3:28 PM
And the bats go silent in the series final as the Reds club the Tribe, 7-2. Santana hit another HR, but Progressive Field is turning into a launching pad for the opposition - 4HRs for the Reds.

Rick
June 12th, 2019, 3:42 PM
I saw that they were pathetic again today.

CenTexDave
June 15th, 2019, 5:00 AM
Good opener in Detroit yesterday. After Plutko fell behind 3-2, the Tribe opened up. Bauers hit for the cycle.

Rick
June 15th, 2019, 6:15 AM
I saw that they shelled Detroit. Interesting last ten in the central.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190615/0254c2b86c1318e4855d34b8b0504453.jpg

CenTexDave
June 15th, 2019, 10:02 AM
They'll never catch the Twins unless Minnesota has a total collapse. Wild card is, IMO, the best we can hope for. And that will be tough unless we get Kluber, Clevinger and Carrasco back.

CenTexDave
June 16th, 2019, 6:04 AM
Good game yesterday. Shawn Bieber looked impressive - 7.1 IP, 12 K's, 2 ER. Martin stole home!! But can't pick up any ground on the Twins.
And I see the Mariners traded Fat Ed Encarnacion to the Yankees. Guess the Yanks don't have enough HR power. Would've been nice for us to get him back at DH as he leads the AL in HRs.

Rick
June 16th, 2019, 6:59 AM
Ya, they blew it on that one. All to save money. Maybe they need a new batting coach.

Rick
June 16th, 2019, 7:54 AM
Looks like Clevenger will be pitching on Monday.

CenTexDave
June 16th, 2019, 9:11 AM
I read his fastball was hitting 98 mph in rehab starts at Columbus. Also read he got shelled in one of those. But can't do much worse than Carrasco, Kluber and Bauer have been doing.

CenTexDave
June 16th, 2019, 3:03 PM
The Tribe scalped the Tigers, 8-0, this afternoon. Trevor Bauer tossed a gem - 9 IP, 4 H, 8 K, 0 BB. Oscar Mercado, the rookie LF, went 3-4 with 4 RBIs. Kid is now hitting .309. Wishful thinking, but should be on the all-star team. He might also be the fastest man in MLB. If Zimmer can come back healthy and play decently, we'll have our CF and our OF (along with Naquin) for the next 5-7 years. Lots of speed there.

Rick
June 17th, 2019, 8:46 AM
Sweep of Detroit. But watching the recap, they make a lot of fielding mistakes. Twins lost so that's even better.

Rick
June 17th, 2019, 9:29 PM
And the hapless Tribe getting shelled by the hapless Rangers tonight.

Night Owl
June 17th, 2019, 11:00 PM
History has shown that Rangers always beat Indians.:)

on a side one PaPa Johns pizza 50% off tomorrow since the Rangers scored at least 7.

Final Rangers 7 Indians 2.

Rick
June 18th, 2019, 4:46 AM
Always?

https://youtu.be/yXuuCElFQaM

Is Night Troll band wagon jumping again?

So predictable....lol

CenTexDave
June 18th, 2019, 7:06 AM
Neither are hapless. Both are over .500 and in the wild card race.

fchafey
June 18th, 2019, 8:20 AM
I watched the game and thought Clevenger pitched well until the 5th. He probably got tired. Of course when he walked that guy and was pulled Deshields knocked the two on base in off the new pitcher. I changed the channel after that, got tired of listening to the announcers talk about the old powder blue uniforms.....

CenTexDave
June 18th, 2019, 5:39 PM
Only a couple of rehab starts at AAA so I imagine he tired out quick. I'm sure he'll be back in form in another couple of starts. With Bauer's strong start the other night things could get interesting.

Rick
June 18th, 2019, 7:06 PM
In 4.2 innings, he struck out seven. Not too bad.

Too bad they left the bats on the plane.

Rick
June 18th, 2019, 9:17 PM
7th inning, the Indians who never beat the Rangers, are leading 10-1.

CenTexDave
June 18th, 2019, 10:38 PM
Kicked butt tonight. Four Hrs

Night Owl
June 18th, 2019, 10:40 PM
Custer's last stand all over again. :))

fchafey
June 19th, 2019, 7:10 AM
Mercado's 1 out triple in the first was nice. That fella can run....

CenTexDave
June 19th, 2019, 7:13 AM
Might be the fastest in MLB.
They still can't pick up any ground on the Twins though. Twins were down late in the game, as this is becoming very normal lately, they mount a comeback and pull it off. Twins are for real.

fchafey
June 19th, 2019, 7:15 AM
The announcers both pretty much concluded Cleveland and Texas are in it for the wild card. The Astros have lost 3 straight to the Reds of all things....but still they are the ones to beat in the west. The Twins are just small market home grown good this year...

CenTexDave
June 19th, 2019, 8:08 AM
We've all been waiting for the Twins to collapse and they haven't. Still a long ways to go.

fchafey
June 19th, 2019, 10:20 AM
You are very right. Bring the subject back up in August. Or was it a September when the Braves recently collapsed?

CenTexDave
June 19th, 2019, 10:50 AM
I remember a huge collapse - 1964. Phillies had a 5 game lead with 6 games left. Lost every one of them. :))

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2019, 6:46 AM
They kicked butt again last night. Kipnis - 2 HRs and Perez another one. Kipnis appears to have finally shaken off a 1-1/2 year long slump.

Rick
June 20th, 2019, 6:47 AM
There have been several epic collapses.

Last night, the Tribe took batting practice against the Rangers, beating them 10-4. Kipnis had two home runs. It appears that Ramirez is coming out of his slump. Things could start to get interesting.

Afternoon game in Arlington today.

In other good news, the Twinkies lost to Boston, so the gap is now 9 games.

Rick
June 20th, 2019, 6:48 AM
LOL we were posting at the same time.

Rick
June 20th, 2019, 4:17 PM
Texas beat the Indians 4-2 this afternoon to split the series.

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2019, 6:04 PM
And Bieber pitched ok, they just didn't hit, although Santana went deep again. Dude should be the starting 1B at the all-star game.

sojourner truth
June 20th, 2019, 8:40 PM
There are only 3 Rangers who are hitting any more. The rest of their offensive starters are under the Mendoza line.

To split with the Rangers in a series say something about the tribe, and it isn't that good.

Mercado, Kipnis and Ramirez all look pretty good even though they are batting under 250. Carlos Santana is also a great hitter.

Whereas, the Rangers "big guns" like Mazara and Odor are sucking big time right now. Odor is under 200 right now. The rest of their offense is spotty at best. Plus their bullpen is pitiful. At least they dumped Smyly and have relegated Sampson to relief status. They need some starters as Minor is about the only decent starter they have. Lynn is mediocre at best.

CenTexDave
June 21st, 2019, 7:36 AM
Anytime you can split or win a series on the road against a team over .500 you are doing fine.

CenTexDave
June 21st, 2019, 11:05 AM
The Tribe returns home a series with Detroit. Trevor Bauer takes the hill tonight. Last time out (last Sunday) he pitched a complete game shutout against the Tigers.:)

Rick
June 21st, 2019, 11:48 AM
Anytime you can split or win a series on the road against a team over .500 you are doing fine.Plus, Minnesota lost last night too so they didn't lose ground.

CenTexDave
June 21st, 2019, 6:32 PM
Tribe up early in this one - 2-0 bottom of the first. Santana two run HR!!!

CenTexDave
June 22nd, 2019, 5:34 AM
Wow. After totally dominating Detroit 5 days ago with a 4 hit, complete game shutout, Bauer stunk up the stadium last night. Gave up 10 hits, 5 runs in 4+ innings but the Tribe battled back on HRs by Tyler Naquin, Jordan Luplow and a triple by Kipnis to win it 7-6. Naquin made a diving catch and doubled a runner off 1B in the 9th inning. Hand closed it for his 21st save in 21 opportunities. Some kid is being called up from AAA to pitch his major league debut today in place
of Clevinger who is back on the injured list. Our starting 5 can't get a break.

CenTexDave
June 22nd, 2019, 2:37 PM
The Tribe just cut Leonys Martin. Never seemed to work out. Hopefully Zimmer can come back soon and play well. Zimmer is a speedster. With Mercado in LF and Zimmer in CF we'd have aton of stolen bases (provided they can get on base :)).

sojourner truth
June 22nd, 2019, 8:43 PM
Martin was cut by the Rangers before he went to the Tribe.... He was mediocre at best at any time.

CenTexDave
June 23rd, 2019, 8:17 AM
The Tribe obtained Martin from the Tigers last year just before the trading deadline. He played in all of 6 games before he went on the IL for the rest of the year with some kind of staph infection.

CenTexDave
June 23rd, 2019, 8:20 AM
The rookie was great - 2 hits in 6 innings and the Tribe takes it 2-0.
This kid was a 2016 draft choice, as was Beiber and Plezak. Looks like the Tribe drafted well that year and these youngsters will be the basis of their starting rotation for the next 10 years.

Rick
June 23rd, 2019, 10:41 AM
These young guns are looking good. Still need a hitting coach.

sojourner truth
June 23rd, 2019, 12:49 PM
I am reminded, by my wife of all people, that the Rangers are above 500 right now too.

But the Indians do look like the team that will be almost impossible to beat this year. I also like the White Sox for next year if they keep developing.

Their bullpen is fairly impressive.

Rick
June 23rd, 2019, 3:05 PM
And that's a sweep of Detroit. 8-3 today.

CenTexDave
June 23rd, 2019, 3:49 PM
Santana launches another one!!

CenTexDave
June 25th, 2019, 3:09 AM
Tribe edges KC, 3-2, in the 10th as Kipnis hits a walk off HR. Game was delayed for about 2-1/2 hours due to rain. KC, the cellar dwellar in the AL Central, always gives the Indians fits.
Kipnis is hitting a ton. Ramirez looks like he's finally starting to come around. Bobby Bradley, rookie call up from AAA, is also hitting and driving in runs.

Rick
June 25th, 2019, 7:58 AM
Kipnis has really been clutch lately.

They are 7.5 games behind now. Things are heating up.

CenTexDave
June 25th, 2019, 10:27 AM
Get it down to 4 games behind by the all-star break and we should be able to catch them. The Tribe's bats are heating up, the rookies are tearing it up, the pitching has been good.

Rick
June 25th, 2019, 9:40 PM
Looks like Hand had his first blown save tonight. Gave up a grand slam in the 9th.

CenTexDave
June 26th, 2019, 7:34 AM
He's been very shaky his last 3 or 4 times out. Maybe needs a few days of rest.

Rick
June 26th, 2019, 3:11 PM
Tribe bounced back and won today. 5-3.

CenTexDave
June 26th, 2019, 9:08 PM
Good job by Bauer. Went 7+ innings. He threw 127 pitches. His last pitch was 97 mph. Incredible.
Now they get well earned day off before Baltimore comes to town for a 3 game series. I'll be disappointed if they can't sweep the Orioles.

CenTexDave
June 28th, 2019, 6:28 AM
I was wrong - they go to Baltimore. Sweep'em.

Rick
June 28th, 2019, 8:00 AM
Santana will be the American League's starting 1st baseman in the All-Star game.

CenTexDave
June 28th, 2019, 10:09 AM
The fans got that vote correct. And Houston's Michael Brantley (remember him - Dolan too cheap to try and keep him) also named a starter in the OF. Be interesting to see if Lindor makes it as a reserve. Lots of SS in the AL having good years. I imagine Brad Hand will be named as a relief pitcher. Too bad Mercado hasn't caught much attention out of Cleveland. Give him another year or two.

Rick
June 28th, 2019, 8:11 PM
Clevenger got lit up for eight runs in the first two innings and the bats don't exist once again. Looks like what should have been an easy win for Cleveland is a quick route for Baltimore.

CenTexDave
June 29th, 2019, 6:41 AM
Clevinger simply isn't ready. He needs a couple more rehab starts at AAA. Disappointing. Baltimore has the worst record in baseball.

CenTexDave
June 29th, 2019, 8:47 AM
Clevenger got lit up for eight runs in the first two innings and the bats don't exist once again. Looks like what should have been an easy win for Cleveland is a quick route for Baltimore.

Also disappointing that Plutko got lit up for 4 runs. He's supposed to be a fill-in starter.

Rick
June 29th, 2019, 5:36 PM
Getting shelled again. This season is a looking hopeless.

CenTexDave
June 30th, 2019, 6:09 AM
I agree. Just when it looks like they turned it around, the go on the road to visit the worst team in baseball and suffer back to back 13-0 blowouts. Ridiculous.

Rick
June 30th, 2019, 3:58 PM
They managed a win today 2-0. Big whoop!

CenTexDave
June 30th, 2019, 9:27 PM
Bieber pitched great, but Hand almost gave it away in the 9th. The guy needs a 3 or 4 day break.

CenTexDave
July 1st, 2019, 9:22 AM
Hand won't get much of a break. Tribe is off today, then goes to KC for 3 games, Friday is a travel day and they play Sat and Sun at Cincinnati. Then the 4 day all-star break. Only problem is, Hand was named to the all-star team. While it's a great honor, if I was him I'd say my arm is worn out and take the week off.
Lindor named as a back-up at SS.
While the last few years I have generally blown off tuning into the all-star game, I'll watch this one just because it's being played at The Jake. (True Tribe fans will always call it "The Jake").

Rick
July 1st, 2019, 10:28 AM
It's still the Jake! I doubt if I'll watch it...lol

It's not like Hand will really pitch in the game. He should get a rest seeing how the Tribe won't travel until the 21st. That's two solid weeks at home. Then they better get their heads out of their asses for the rest of the season.

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2019, 10:25 AM
Bauer goes tonight at KC. Last week he threw a gem against him. Hope that doesn't mean tonight will be a disaster. They need to find their hitting again. Someone usually comes through, as did Santana on Sunday.
But Tito needs to do something about JRam. It's been nearly a year now since he's been in this slump. Something is either physically wrong with him or they need to send him to a shrink.

CenTexDave
July 3rd, 2019, 4:57 AM
We beat the Royals, 8-5. Wasn't pretty, but Trevor Bauer gets the win and Jake Bauers is starting to really hit - 4 hits and 3 RBIs. Plus the Twins lost so we're just 7 back now. :)

Rick
July 3rd, 2019, 6:52 AM
Holy ####! I hadn't looked at the standings while they were getting shelled by Baltimore. Twin's last ten was 5-5 to the Indian's 7-3.

It's turning into a race.

Ramirez needs to go back to triple A to get some confidence back.

CenTexDave
July 3rd, 2019, 7:09 AM
JRam did get 2 hits last night and had an RBI, but he's just inconsistent, as is Kipnis and Perez.

Rick
July 3rd, 2019, 8:30 AM
Can't expect Perez to be a power hitter. He's a good catcher and is needed for defense. Kipnis has made some great plays this year on defense too.

CenTexDave
July 3rd, 2019, 8:48 AM
Perez is, I believe second on the team in HRs (14) and RBIs (32). While not great stats, it's certainly much better than the last couple of years. Guess all he needed was a chance to be the every day catcher.

Rick
July 3rd, 2019, 8:59 AM
I guess Francona doesn't think that Hand needs rest. He pitched the 9th with the score 9-5.

CenTexDave
July 3rd, 2019, 11:44 AM
I have questioned for years the way Tito handles his relievers. Guess he forgets we don't have Andrew Miller anymore.
Francona's theory is probably he doesn't need rest; needs more work. :)
Still, he only has one blown save and is tied for the AL lead in saves, but the last 4 times or so out he reminds me too much of Bryan Shaw and Cody Allen.

CenTexDave
July 3rd, 2019, 10:06 PM
Back to back shutouts for the Tribe. 4-0 over the Royals. Six outstanding innings by Clevinger, 4 hits, 6 K's. Nick Goody 2 no hit innings in relief. Hand tried to make it interesting in the 9th with a walk and a hit but got out of it.
Perez - a triple and scored on a wild pitch, then hit a 2 run HR (his 15th - unexpected from him) and Santana launched another one.
Minnesota is losing 3-1 in the 6th. We could wake up tomorrow and be only 6 games out.

Rick
July 3rd, 2019, 10:30 PM
Summer is heating up.

CenTexDave
July 4th, 2019, 8:01 AM
Twins pulled one out of their butts and won 4-3 in 12 innings. They are the luckiest team on the planet.

Rick
July 4th, 2019, 9:08 AM
I saw that. They are living in the edge.

fchafey
July 4th, 2019, 12:44 PM
The Indians are on today channel 93 on the MLB network. The 4th hats are pretty cool.

CenTexDave
July 4th, 2019, 2:23 PM
I don't get the MLB network. Thought they were in a long rain delay anyway.

CenTexDave
July 4th, 2019, 2:50 PM
It just started. Will follow it on Yahoo.

Rick
July 4th, 2019, 5:07 PM
The Indians are on today channel 93 on the MLB network. The 4th hats are pretty cool.Thanks Fred, watching!

CenTexDave
July 4th, 2019, 5:22 PM
7-3, Tribe, in the 7th.

Rick
July 4th, 2019, 5:24 PM
Two home runs for Ramirez so far today. A six run 7th inning so far for the Tribe.

CenTexDave
July 4th, 2019, 5:24 PM
Now 8-3. JRam just hit his 2nd HR of the game. If he breaks out of his year long slump the Twins best watch out.

fchafey
July 4th, 2019, 6:39 PM
I flipped between this game and the Pirates -Cubs. Wish the Pirates would have done better, The Indians were pretty good, really like the double play Lindor turned early on. Very well done.

CenTexDave
July 4th, 2019, 6:47 PM
And Minnesota lost!!!!

CenTexDave
July 5th, 2019, 8:38 AM
Update on some of the players the Tribe has on the DL and could definitely use:
Danny Salazar - starting pitcher who went on the DL over 2+ years ago. Patience may pay off - he's pitching rehab games at AA Akron. Last time out he struck out 5 in 1.2 innings (that's all 5 batters he faced).
Carlos Carrasco -on DL since 6/26 with a "blood disorder". Has been cleared to play catch but they have no idea of when, or if, he can return.
Cory Kluber - on DL since 6/28 after line drive it him in his arm and broke it. He's also been cleared to play catch. No idea of return window.
Dan Otero - relief pitcher who was having a good season. On DL on 6/2 for shoulder inflammation. No other updates.
Bradley Zimmer - was supposed the Tribe's center fielder of the future, but is extremely injury prone and has been on the DL since crashing into the wall in CF chasing a line drive. If he can make it back might be a definite plus. He is one of the fastest ball players ever. Him in CF, Mercado in LF and Naquin n RF would give the Tribe a ton of speed.

CenTexDave
July 5th, 2019, 6:34 PM
The Tribe has a two game series in Cincinnati on Sat and Sunday, then the all-star break. Minnesota comes to town following the break for a three game series. With some good, steady play and a bit of luck I can see the Tribe beng only 3-4 games back come 7/15. :)

CenTexDave
July 6th, 2019, 7:27 AM
Just read that Carlos "Cookie" Carrasco's "blood disorder", for which he was put on the DL back on 6/26, has been diagnosed as leukemia. Suddenly his return to the team doesn't seem so important. Hope he comes out of this in good shape.

Rick
July 6th, 2019, 8:49 AM
Damn, that sucks.

CenTexDave
July 6th, 2019, 6:11 PM
Tribe beats Cincy, 7-2. Shane Bieber, who was named as a replacement to the All-Star team yesterday, goes 8 innings, 4 hits, 2 ERs, 8 K's, 0 BB's.
Lindor - two solo HRs; Perez went 4-5 with a two run shot and Jake Bauers drove in two.
Minnesota won though. :-s

Rick
July 7th, 2019, 4:07 PM
Tribe beat the Reds 11-1.

CenTexDave
July 7th, 2019, 4:10 PM
Last I saw Twins and Rangers were tied. Hope you are correct. Greg Allen was called up - great catch in CF today and hit a HR.

CenTexDave
July 7th, 2019, 5:18 PM
Rangers are up 4-1 in the top of the 11th. Hope they can hang on. Tribe would then be 5.5 back at the break. :)

Rick
July 7th, 2019, 6:59 PM
I originally thought that the Twins had lost, but saw that they were still playing at that time so I edited the post.

They did lose so it's down to 5.5. Six game steak for CLE.

CenTexDave
July 9th, 2019, 9:46 AM
The game is tonight. Started watching the Home Run Derby last night, but Santana lost in the opening round, on his opponent's final swing with 1 second left, to the guy who eventually won it.
Minnesota comes to town on Friday for a 3 game series. The Tribe needs to take at least 2/3.

Rick
July 9th, 2019, 12:49 PM
To hell with 2/3, they need to sweep!

fchafey
July 9th, 2019, 1:18 PM
The game is tonight. Started watching the Home Run Derby last night, but Santana lost in the opening round, on his opponent's final swing with 1 second left, to the guy who eventually won it.
Minnesota comes to town on Friday for a 3 game series. The Tribe needs to take at least 2/3.

Come on man! the kid that won is on the Mets.....as an Indian fan you know how important little victories are when most of the time its crapville....:)

CenTexDave
July 9th, 2019, 2:39 PM
I'm surprised Santana was even in the competition. He's only 5'11" tall. Was small compared to those other guys. Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. sure put on a display though. Think he wore himself out.

sojourner truth
July 9th, 2019, 9:48 PM
If you have DTV and can't get the All Star Game on channel 44 you can still get it on channel 205 with multiple split screens going on at the same time. Right now it is AL 5, NL 4... Cleveland fans going nuts for their players, of course... Despite the fact that Brad Hand just gave up 3 runs.

Rick
July 9th, 2019, 10:29 PM
Bieber was the MVP for striking out the side.

CLE was praised for how well everything went.

Game's over, time to bring back Chief Wahoo!

CenTexDave
July 9th, 2019, 10:41 PM
If you have DTV and can't get the All Star Game on channel 44 you can still get it on channel 205 with multiple split screens going on at the same time. Right now it is AL 5, NL 4... Cleveland fans going nuts for their players, of course... Despite the fact that Brad Hand just gave up 3 runs.

Currently have a free trial with Hulu, so DirecTV can kiss my _ss. While I have not gotten rid of DirecTV yet, I lowered my programming to the lowest tier, got rid of the Filipino package (wife figured out she can watch it for free over the internet) and cancelled Starz. Saw an info message Fox was running at the bottom of the screen asking people to call AT&T/DirecTV about them "blacking out" Fox 44 and the Fox station in Bryan/College Station. It's been 4 days now - wonder how many customers have told them to f off.
Tito Francona was present to watch Hand's lousy appearance. I'm sure he and 45K Tribe fans who were there are very worried about what has gone on with Hand the last 5 times out. He was great until one day about 3 weeks ago got rocked in KC and gave up a grand slam. Ever since he's been terrible.
Bieber K'd the side. This kid is gonna be a super star in a couple of years. He was selected as the MVP, although it could have gone to Gallo also. And nice to see Gallo launch one. And great to see Michael Brantley hit a double and drive in their first run. Yep, Tribe fans, the same Michael Brantley that patrolled LF for you for 10 years and cheapskate owner Dolan wouldn't pay him.

CenTexDave
July 13th, 2019, 6:33 AM
Screwed last night up. After falling behind, 1-0, on a Nelson Cruz HR, Santana belted his 20th and then Perez hit a 2 run single to go up 3-1. But the bullpen couldn't hold it and we lost 5-3.

Rick
July 13th, 2019, 7:26 AM
Ya, I saw that. Tough one to lose.

CenTexDave
July 13th, 2019, 8:35 AM
Bauer goes this afternoon. Hope he's on his "A" game. We need to take the next 2.

Rick
July 13th, 2019, 11:40 AM
The good news from last night seems to be that Clevenger pitched well.

CenTexDave
July 13th, 2019, 12:46 PM
He did, other than that 1st inning HR to Cruz. Plus JRam got 2 of our 6 total hits, Santana continues his hot bat and Perez, as he has been doing about all year, continues to impress with 2 RBIs.

CenTexDave
July 13th, 2019, 11:25 PM
Another home run fest for the Twins.

Rick
July 14th, 2019, 6:10 AM
Yep, no offense either.

CenTexDave
July 14th, 2019, 6:59 AM
Series finale this afternoon beginning at 1:10PM. Bieber goes for the Tribe. Let's hope he resembles the Bieber from the All-Star Game.
If we lose this one we go 8.5 back, and I have a feeling that Dolan will instruct the front office to start unloading. The window of opportunity is closing very rapidly.

CenTexDave
July 14th, 2019, 3:25 PM
Tribe salvages the last game of the series, 4-3. Santana game winning HR in the 7th. Hand returned to his old form and closed it out.

CenTexDave
July 15th, 2019, 7:39 AM
The Tribe opens a 4 game series with Detroit tonight. Adam Plutko (ugh) takes the hill. A sweep would be great.

Rick
July 15th, 2019, 8:12 AM
Yesterday's game was closer than it should have since replay went against the tribe twice when Bieber's pitches hit the knobs of the bats and New York ruled that they hit the batters. Bull#### calls. Dump replay if they aren't going to use it.

Good news, Ramirez is being touted as the Indian's hottest batter now.

CenTexDave
July 15th, 2019, 1:13 PM
This is the week we need to kick butt. 4 games with Detroit, then KC comes for 3. Need to double sweep or get 6/7.

fchafey
July 15th, 2019, 3:08 PM
Was reading nd article on ESPN while sitting out here in BFE....it seems Trevor Bauer is on the trade block...along with a lot of others across the league of course....we will see...

CenTexDave
July 15th, 2019, 3:38 PM
That's the rumor. But with Kluber still out, Carrasco an unknown, and Salazar still very "iffy", I take it with a grain of salt. Bauer is an airhead, and if he can quit tossing the home run ball in the first inning or two, usually pitches a good game with double digit K's. But he won a big salary arbitration case this year (I believe it was for $12M), and I imagine the owner and front office expect a $12M performance which they aren't getting from him.
Trading deadline is July 31. If the Tribe is still 7.5 or so back at that point you may see him go. The Yankees are very interested. Just what they need - another top player.

fchafey
July 15th, 2019, 4:18 PM
Big reason I am a Mets fan, the Yankees buy everything, that and my dad would ask me if I wanted to go one Yankees game or a couple of Mets games in the summer. Duh.....I loved hanging out with my dad. Yankees games were expensive, even in the 70's when they sucked. I do like Trevor Bauer, he is indeed a character....

CenTexDave
July 15th, 2019, 9:08 PM
5-5 in the 6th then rain. Suspended and to be continued tomorrow

Rick
July 15th, 2019, 9:15 PM
Looks like a break in the weather and they are back at it.

CenTexDave
July 15th, 2019, 9:31 PM
Guess I was wrong. They have continued. Now 8-5, Tribe. JRam with a 2 run double.

CenTexDave
July 15th, 2019, 10:10 PM
Tribe takes it, 8-6. Hand closed it out, but as is his theme lately gave up a lead off HR and a single before he got 3 outs.
Oscar Mercado hit 2 HR's. Every batter got a hit except Bobby Bradley. This guy looks lost up there. They'd be better off using Bauers or Allen in LF and the one not in the field be the DH.

CenTexDave
July 16th, 2019, 11:06 PM
Tribe wins 8-0, Twins lose.

CenTexDave
July 17th, 2019, 5:29 AM
Just posted the above score real quick. Cleveland pitchers combined for a one hitter. Plesac pitched three before the monsoon came and delayed the game for 2+ hours. Mercado hit another HR. We are now 5 back and seem to be gaining momentum. This worries from April, May and early June about this team not hitting are out the window now.

Rick
July 17th, 2019, 8:00 AM
They still need to get some consistency before I am confident that they'll go far. But I do like their look the past few weeks.

They have cut the lead that Minnesota had.

Think about it, it wasn't that long ago that the Twins had a 12 game lead on the Tribe.

CenTexDave
July 17th, 2019, 9:00 AM
Kluber's rehab seems to be progessing well. He's scheduled to throw 60 pitches today or tomorrow. Salazar is at AA Akron and has looked good. If those two can come back and be successful I think the Tribe will overtake the Twins.

Rick
July 17th, 2019, 9:23 AM
Plesac has nine starts and has five pick-offs at first base. He is like a snake with his move to first.

CenTexDave
July 17th, 2019, 2:01 PM
He leads MLB in pick-offs. Definitely has a future with the Tribe - him and Bieber. Clevinger is just rounding into form. Airhead Bauer needs to quit giving up HRs in the 1st and 2nd inning and he'll be fine.
Interesting dilemma if Kluber, Carrasco and/or Salazar make it back. Besides Plutko, who goes? Might want to consider Salazar in a relief role - set-up or closer.

Rick
July 17th, 2019, 8:58 PM
Bottom of the 8th, tribe leading 7-2. Twins lost to the Mets 14-4.

CenTexDave
July 17th, 2019, 9:11 PM
Now 4 back. Clevinger was awesome

Rick
July 18th, 2019, 4:50 AM
He sure was. 12 strikeouts. Lindor was the DH. Hope he isn't hurt.

They've homered in ten straight games. Lindor hit one last night.

CenTexDave
July 18th, 2019, 7:51 AM
Lindor just got the night off from playing SS. Freeman needs to play more - good infielder and good bat. Although Kipnis is playing better this year, Freeman's bat is better.
If Clevinger could learn to get his pitch count down he could go 8 innings. I seriously thought he was gonna K 15-16 last night, and probably would have if he wasn't pulled after 6 due to high pitch count.

Rick
July 18th, 2019, 10:09 AM
That's okay with Clevenger. No need to burn him out just coming out of rehab. There's a lot of season left and this is a good time to start to gel.

I think Kipnis is having one of his best and most consistent seasons ever.

CenTexDave
July 18th, 2019, 10:55 AM
Kipnis is heads and tails over the last two years, but still only batting around .235. Freeman is hitting near .300.

Rick
July 18th, 2019, 1:16 PM

Rick
July 18th, 2019, 9:20 PM
Tribe wins 6-3.

Hand pitched well. Ramirez homered.

Minnesota is losing 3-1 against Oakland.

CenTexDave
July 18th, 2019, 9:20 PM
Tribe with the sweep, 6-3, and Twins are losing

Rick
July 19th, 2019, 5:36 AM
Twins win 6-3 also.

This is going to be a fight!

CenTexDave
July 19th, 2019, 6:11 AM
Twins pulled it out of their rears. But that's ok because we were literally tied with Oakland for the second wild card spot. Tampa Bay also lost. The Tribe is now the #1 wild card team, one game in front of Tampa and Oakland. With KC coming in for a 3 game series we need to sweep that also. Starts getting more difficult next week.

CenTexDave
July 19th, 2019, 6:30 AM
Kluber is making good progress. Being reported he threw a good bullpen session, was limited to 30 fastballs, but with no further set backs we could see him within 3-4 weeks. Dan Otero was scheduled to make a relief appearance at AA Akron last night. No big deal to me. Otero has been effective before, but wasn't all that good this year. And Danny Salazar's return rehab continues at AA Akron. Being reported he's looked pretty good. If he could come back like he was in 2017 (remember - didn't pitch last year) the Tribe could be all set. Salazar would be a good option in the bullpen - need someone to go 3 innings or so because the starter got shelled early? Call for Salazar.

Rick
July 19th, 2019, 9:36 PM
Tribe beats the Royals 10-5.

CenTexDave
July 19th, 2019, 9:46 PM
Bieber wasn't sharp but won his 9th

Rick
July 19th, 2019, 10:33 PM
Minnesota lost!

CenTexDave
July 19th, 2019, 10:34 PM
Twins lost. We're 3 back.

Rick
July 20th, 2019, 9:41 PM
Tribe lost 1-0.

So did Minnesota.

CenTexDave
July 20th, 2019, 10:16 PM
Three whole hits. Plutko gives up 2 hits, but one was a HR. Might have been their worst game of the season

Rick
July 21st, 2019, 9:50 AM
Naw, they've had worse. Against Baltimore...lol

CenTexDave
July 21st, 2019, 3:24 PM
Tribe takes the rubber game, 5-4.

Rick
July 21st, 2019, 5:28 PM
Twins win too.

CenTexDave
July 21st, 2019, 5:42 PM
Yeah, pulled one out in the 9th. But that's ok cuz they put Oakland further behind us for the wild card

CenTexDave
July 22nd, 2019, 7:33 AM
Kluber has been doing bullpen sessions throwing off a pitcher's mound. They are bringing him along slowly though. If he can come back around Labor Day, and be effective, would be a big boost.
I doubt Carrasco will be back this year, if ever. He's been throwing but they are tight lipped about any progress.
Some good news though - Danny Salazar, who the Tribe never gave up on after all those injuries in 2016 and 2017, has progressed to where he has been sent from AA Akron to AAA Columbus. Hopefully he can join the club in 2-3 weeks. Don't know if they will use him as a starter (might be a stretch), but can always use another good reliever after seeing how some of these relief pitchers have done lately. Good possible set-up man or even give Hand a day off and let Salazar close.

CenTexDave
July 22nd, 2019, 9:26 PM
Tribe beats the Jays, 7-3. Clevinger gets the win. Mercado hits a 3B and HR

Rick
July 23rd, 2019, 4:37 AM
Twins beat the Yankees. Lol

Rick
July 23rd, 2019, 8:19 AM

CenTexDave
July 23rd, 2019, 8:51 AM
The Tribe is playing great baseball. In one month they've cut 8 games off the Twins' lead. Will be key games when we take on the Yanks, Red Sox and still have a dozen left against Minnesota.

Rick
July 23rd, 2019, 8:55 AM
Red Sox are scoring a bunch of runs lately.

CenTexDave
July 23rd, 2019, 10:04 AM
Yeah, but their pitching is nothing like it used to be.

Rick
July 23rd, 2019, 8:51 PM
Hand gave up a home run in the bottom of the 9th.

1-1 with 1 out.

Rick
July 23rd, 2019, 9:01 PM
Going to the 10th. Time for some bats.

Rick
July 23rd, 2019, 9:28 PM
Tribe lost. Minnesota beating New York.

CenTexDave
July 24th, 2019, 5:18 AM
At least we didn't lose a game in the standings.
There is something definitely wrong with Brad Hand. For the past month he's been terrible. They need to get him examined - might be physical, might be mental, but he surely is not helping this team currently.
What a wasted effort by Trevor Bauer - a true gem - 8IP, 3 H, 8 K's, 0 ER. I knew we were dead meat when Tyler Olson took the hill in the 10th. He hasn't been worth a damn either this season.
One week to the end of the trading deadline. Lots of speculation if the Tribe will be buyers or sellers. Of course Bauer's name is at the top of the list. I hope they don't be foolish and trade him. We are still in the thick of this.
What they need to do is to find a closer and some relief help. Salazar, hopefully, may fill that role if he works out ok at Columbus.
And, of course, could use a power hitter. Lots available out there, but doubtful Cheapskate Dolan would bother.

Rick
July 24th, 2019, 7:10 AM
Holy ####, the Twins blew a 9-5 lead to the Yankees?

Sucks to score twelve runs and lose...haha

CenTexDave
July 24th, 2019, 7:24 AM
Sometimes it's easier to blow a 4 run lead than a 1 run lead. :))

CenTexDave
July 24th, 2019, 8:38 PM
Tribe gets another great pitching performance. They've wasted two of them in the past few games, but not tonight.
Tribe beats the Jays, 4-0, but probably the best performance by a Indians' pitcher this season:
Shane Bieber, 9 innings pitched, 102 pitches, 1 Hit, 10 K's. Truly a masterpiece.
And, although still early, Yanks-6, Twins-3.

Rick
July 24th, 2019, 8:46 PM
That is an incredible performance for Bieber!

CenTexDave
July 25th, 2019, 7:07 AM
And better yet - The Twins lost. We're two back and off to KC for a 4 game series. Need to take at least 3 of the 4.

fchafey
July 25th, 2019, 8:23 AM
Mr. Encarnacion, or "Fat Ed" as he is known to you, had a double and HR and scored twice himself. Saw some of the game the other night and the announcers were quite happy he has found his new legs with the Yankees. go figure....

CenTexDave
July 25th, 2019, 8:47 AM
Fat Ed is having another good HR year. My only complaint against him was a low batting average. Six years in a row with over 40 HRs. Puts him in some exclusive company like Ruth and Bonds.

Rick
July 26th, 2019, 4:10 AM
Tribe beat the Royals 5-4 in fourteen innings.

CenTexDave
July 26th, 2019, 5:33 AM
JRam HR in the 14th and Bauers drove in a run to add insurance. JRam's heating up which is a good thing.

Rick
July 26th, 2019, 9:07 AM
The team is playing well. Best in baseball since June 4th.

CenTexDave
July 26th, 2019, 10:14 PM
Tribe-8, KC-3. Zac Plesac' threw a good game. JRam 3run HR

CenTexDave
July 27th, 2019, 6:14 AM
Game 3 of the 4 game series today. Big Mike Clevinger goes for th Tribe. He's 7-0 against KC, having never lost to them. Need him to continue this streak.
We got Naquin back from that tweaked hamstring and having him bat at the bottom of the lineup has proven beneficial - he's .297 and is having a great year. But now Santana is day to day with a sore shoulder.
The trading deadline is fast approaching (July 31). Hopefully the Tribe doesn't do anything stupid like trade Bauer. While we could use a LF with good power, we need starting pitching more.

Rick
July 27th, 2019, 6:48 PM
Kipnis hit a grand slam in the 1st.

Rick
July 27th, 2019, 6:52 PM
Frankie homered in the 2nd!

Rick
July 27th, 2019, 7:51 PM
Three run homer for Ramirez in the 5th.

Score is 8-0.

Rick
July 27th, 2019, 9:21 PM
Tribe wins 9-1.

Twins lose.
1 game out of first place!

CenTexDave
July 27th, 2019, 9:22 PM
Tribe blows them out, 9-1. Kipnis grand slam, JRam 3run HR and Mercado 4-4. Twins lost! We're 1 game back

CenTexDave
July 28th, 2019, 8:53 AM
Bauer closes out the series today. Let's hope the good Bauer shows up.

Rick
July 28th, 2019, 1:29 PM
Or at least that the bats show up for him.

Rick
July 28th, 2019, 4:32 PM
Tribe lost Twins won. Back to two games behind.

CenTexDave
July 28th, 2019, 5:24 PM
Did you see the airhead Bauer Chuck the ball over the CF fence?! Lol

Rick
July 28th, 2019, 5:53 PM
No, why did he do that?

Rick
July 28th, 2019, 6:00 PM
I saw it. He apologized when the media asked him about it. He probably needs a break.

fchafey
July 28th, 2019, 6:03 PM
I saw the tape and it seems he was a little upset Terry pulled him. I like Bauer, good ball player. Pitchers are a different species....

CenTexDave
July 28th, 2019, 6:15 PM
Pitchers may be a different species but Bauer is a different sub-species. I know I have advocated not to trade him, but maybe he needs to go. Santana cane back from a few days off due to sore shoulder and homered and JRam belted his 4th HR in 4 games. His slump is officially over

CenTexDave
July 29th, 2019, 6:25 AM
I understand Bauer is a fierce oompetitor and he was upset at himself. Still, he should be able to keep his emotions in check until he at least got back to the locker room.
That said, it's weird how sometimes these pitchers fare. I read that Francona felt he was going to have a great game - his pre-game bullpen warmup session was supposedly great. Ball hopping all over the strike zone.
A few days earlier Shane Bieber threw a one hitter for his best game ever. During his warm-up session Bieber and his catcher, Roberto Perez, felt he was throwing meatballs up there and would be shelled. Then the game started.

Rick
July 29th, 2019, 6:36 AM
He is a fierce competitor, but he is also childish. I do hope they do not trade him. He should probably seek counseling...lol

CenTexDave
July 29th, 2019, 6:41 AM
If they do end up trading him I doubt they would get as much for him as they could have two days ago.
If they are serious about getting into the playoffs they need him on the mound, especially with Kluber, Carrasco and Salazar still all question marks.

fchafey
July 29th, 2019, 6:56 AM
Maybe there is a method to his madness....

CenTexDave
July 29th, 2019, 7:32 AM
Believe you are correct.
He has stated many times he will never sign more than a one year contract. The last two years he has gone to arbitration - lost his first year, won last year. Next year it is predicted he will demand $20M!!!! Oh hell no!!

CenTexDave
July 30th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Tonight they open a series against the Astros. Astros swept the Tribe in the playoffs last year, so will be interesting to see if the Indians can compete. Lots of comments on message boards, etc., that the Tribe has played a very weak schedule so far. While mostly true, they did hold their own against the Yankees and Red Sox earlier in the year.
It's Bieber, coming off his 1 hitter, going for the Tribe. Justin Verlander for the Astros. The Tribe has hit Verlander good in the past. Keep your fingers crossed.:)

fchafey
July 30th, 2019, 3:41 PM
Was listening to the radio this morning and they had the list of the 5 most expensive baseball teams to love. Cleveland was number 1 most expensive. Baltimore the least.....there is a link below to a radio station, not the one I was listening to, the survey results are listed.

https://97zokonline.com/chicago-cubs-are-one-of-the-most-expensive-teams-to-love/

CenTexDave
July 30th, 2019, 4:36 PM
Their payroll is a fraction of the Yankees and Red Sox. Just shows what a cheapskate Dolan is.

fchafey
July 30th, 2019, 4:50 PM
I was surprised the Yankees weren't on the list. Yes your owner is a miser.....you fans don't help being so sentimentally supportive. Cleveland is a long storied franchise of many great players from a time ago....but I don't have to tell you that....it's your team....:)

CenTexDave
July 30th, 2019, 6:13 PM
When the Jacob Brothers owned the Tribe they broke attendance records for consecutive sell outs.
Ever since Dolan has become the owner he has raised ticket prices, fought like hell to keep salaries low and lost a bunch of good talent because of it. Lost Jim Thome and Manny Ramirez cuz of the cheapskate. Same thing the last year.
He lets Fat Ed Encarnacion go. Sure Ed had a big contract. But compared to other power hitters, he's a bargain. He brings Santana back, who is having a fine year, and saved a few $$. But keeps Kipnis for $14M. Let's Brantley go and Houston got him for around $15M. All Brantley is doing is ripping the pitchers up as he is 2nd in batting average. All Star starter in LF.
If I had a billion $, I'd buy the team. Within 2 years they'd be WS champs for a few consecutive years.

fchafey
July 30th, 2019, 6:21 PM
My last year in the Army was spent in Mesa inspecting helicopters. That was 2000-2001. I pretty much lived in Scottsdale and read the paper, watched the news, drank with a local councilman I met etc.... The mews was about the new stadium the Cardinals were going to build as well as beinge in the middle of Bidwell not spending any money. The steel was first laid out by Mesa and then moved all the way across Phoenix to where it is now in Glendale. Anyway you could tell who the Cardinals were playing by the people flying in to get a good seat behind there team. It was sad. Then one day Bidwell woke up and started spending. Why? partly because no one was going to the games.....There seems to be lots of hope in Cleveland and that's puts people in seats. Maybe Dolan will wake up, who knows.

Back on topic, should be a good series with the Astros....

CenTexDave
July 30th, 2019, 9:18 PM
Verlander shuts down the Tribe, 2-0. Tribe got 2 whole hits

CenTexDave
July 31st, 2019, 4:22 AM
The Tribe pulled the trigger and Bauer is headed to the Reds. A three team deal also involving San Diego. Tribe gets rid of Bauer but gets Yasiel Puig and another outfielder, Franmil Reyes, from San Diego, plus LH pitcher Logan Allen and a minor league infielder and pitcher from the Padres. They got their power hitting outfielders for sure. With right fielder Tyler Naquin, frequently out due to hamstring problems, I think the writing is on the wall for a couple of Tribe outfielders - namely Greg Allen and Luplow.
I have mixed emotions about this deal: Bauer is obviously a major talent, although inconsistent this year. I think his temper tantrum last game where he threw the ball over the CF fence contributed to the trade, but the Tribe definitely needs OF help in the form of some power. Puig and Reyes provide that. Bauer would have been too expensive to keep - next year he would go to arbitration, as he always does, and ask for $20M. Doubt he'd get it unless he goes undefeated the rest of the year, but he'd be too expensive at $15M also. Plus - now some good news - Salazar is being called up to start the game on Thursday. His rehab has gone well. If he is successful we will have lost nothing. Then if Kluber does come back, as it looks like he might by the end of Aug or so, the Tribe, unless they are 10 back at that point, might make a run at the playoffs.

Rick
July 31st, 2019, 7:12 AM
I read somewhere that Kluber will be pitching a simulated game, then off to minors if that goes well.

At least Bauer isn't going to a team that they might face this year. I am sure he isn't happy going to a team that is 7.5 games out of first and got weaker with the trade.

Rick
July 31st, 2019, 7:14 AM
Of course, It looks like Puig may be facing a suspension for fighting LAST NIGHT! Ugh

fchafey
July 31st, 2019, 7:43 AM
I was really happy when the Dodgers got rid of Puig. Sure he might add a bit of pop now and again to your lineup, and he might even make a good DH. He doesn't and hasn't behaved very well in his MLB career. Good luck with him.