Calpreps predictions:

Midway 28 Killeen 7
Belton 35 Cove 14
Waco 24 Ellison 21
Temple 49 Heights 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevendub
September 12th, 2018, 6:42 PM
These look about right except maybe that Midway Killeen game, I really think the Roos have a shot tomorrow I’ve heard even from Midway fans that they’re still good, but something’s different this year. Belton-Cove I think will be closer

CenTexDave
September 12th, 2018, 7:09 PM
Don't know about that Midway-Killeen score.

stevendub
September 14th, 2018, 2:36 AM
Midway 13 Killeen 10 F. Panthers must’ve lost more from last years team than I thought, because they’re really struggling on offense, but they did enough to win. Credit to the Roos they are an improved team

CenTexDave
September 14th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Killeen is better than most think. They might be one of the best 1-2 teams in the state.
I have seen conflicting records for Midway. Your Week Three Games post shows them at 0-1. On other sites I have seen their record as 0-2. Evidently that game wasn't just stopped and postponed, but was considered a final score.
Looking more and more like Temple will run away with this district.

sojourner truth
September 14th, 2018, 12:48 PM
Lot of rumors out there that Midway is not its regular self this year.

CenTexDave
September 14th, 2018, 2:53 PM
I said way earlier they had lost a lot, to include their highly touted QB, and was told I was crazy.
Still think Killeen is much better than anticipated. That RB is the real deal.

Gramps
September 14th, 2018, 4:48 PM
Ignoring Killeen's touchdown which came on a big play, Killeen had three extended drives that put them inside the Midway 10 yard line with a first and goal — and a total of 3 points to show for it. They just couldn't finish the deal last night. Hope that's a temporary thing that they get fixed quick.

CenTexDave
September 14th, 2018, 7:51 PM
Belton smoking the Dawgs, 14-0, first quarter. Finally found how to listen the games. Just turned it off. :))

CenTexDave
September 14th, 2018, 9:24 PM
Dawgs closed it to 20-14, stops Belton on their own 15, goes backwards and has a punt blocked for a TD. This Cove team is a farce.

CenTexDave
September 14th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Final: Belton -35, Cove-28. Dawgs scored with about 30 seconds left, tried an on-sides kick, appeared to have recovered it but the officials said the player touched it too early (hadn't gone 10 yards).

stevendub
September 15th, 2018, 12:42 AM
Ellison seems to have gotten it together somewhat with a 35-16 win over Waco & it probably should’ve been worse. Heights got smoked by Temple 45-0, had 130 total yards to Temple’s 555.

stevendub
September 15th, 2018, 12:44 AM
Killeen is better than most think. They might be one of the best 1-2 teams in the state.
I have seen conflicting records for Midway. Your Week Three Games post shows them at 0-1. On other sites I have seen their record as 0-2. Evidently that game wasn't just stopped and postponed, but was considered a final score.
Looking more and more like Temple will run away with this district.

When the game was stopped it was in the 1st quarter still, don’t know if that’s enough time to be considered a final score.

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2018, 10:03 AM
I don't know. Hard to find much of anything about HS football anymore.

gnatsum
September 15th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Dawgs closed it to 20-14, stops Belton on their own 15, goes backwards and has a punt blocked for a TD. This Cove team is a farce.

Think Cove has "new coach syndrome"--he hasn't had the time to figure what all each player on the team is capable of, and he has to make decisions on the fly--which is something a football coach is supposed to be good at, if he has a reputation for leading winning teams...

It's not like he's trying to rebuild a team from scratch. Did any players quit the team after Welch departed?

sojourner truth
September 15th, 2018, 1:40 PM
How 'bout them Eagles, huh.:))

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2018, 1:44 PM
I have no idea if any quit.