PDA

View Full Version : Because only government agents are skilled enough to be trusted with firearms

Dagobert II
June 3rd, 2018, 5:52 PM
FBI agent's gun accidentally discharges while dancing in Denver nightclub
DENVER, Colorado --
An off-duty FBI agent dancing at a Denver nightclub accidentally discharged a firearm, wounding another patron in the leg, police said Saturday.

The victim, an adult male, was taken to a local hospital in good condition, said Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson. Police refused to identify the hospital.

Jackson said the agent, whose identity wasn't released, was dancing at the downtown club around 12:45 a.m. Saturday when the firearm fell from the agent's waistband holster onto the floor. It discharged when the agent picked it up.

Police investigators interviewed the agent before releasing the agent to an FBI supervisor. The police investigation was continuing, and any charges would be determined by the Denver District Attorney's Office, said Officer Marika Putnam.

Source: http://abc7ny.com/fbi-agents-gun-accidentally-discharges-while-dancing-in-club/3555790/

Mestral
June 3rd, 2018, 6:53 PM
FBI agent's gun accidentally discharges while dancing in Denver nightclub

DENVER, Colorado --
An off-duty FBI agent dancing at a Denver nightclub accidentally discharged a firearm, wounding another patron in the leg, police said Saturday.

Jackson said the agent, whose identity wasn't released, was dancing at the downtown club around 12:45 a.m. Saturday when the firearm fell from the agent's waistband holster onto the floor. It discharged when the agent picked it up.
I saw that video. What a moron.

Fine
Bunch of
Idiots.

What will ya bet, he doesn't get charged.
Maybe a letter of admonishment.

What would happen to Joe Six Pack doing the same stunt
at a place that serves alcoholic beverages?

txswimmer
June 6th, 2018, 4:04 PM
I saw that video. What a moron.

Fine
Bunch of
Idiots.

What will ya bet, he doesn't get charged.
Maybe a letter of admonishment.

What would happen to Joe Six Pack doing the same stunt
at a place that serves alcoholic beverages?

Joe Six can't carry a gun into a liquor establishment. And why is this idiot doing it? I think he will be a former agent soon.

mac
June 6th, 2018, 4:19 PM
Joe Six can't carry a gun into a liquor establishment. And why is this idiot doing it? I think he will be a former agent soon.

i think they reported that the bullet hit someone in the leg.....mac

Night Owl
June 6th, 2018, 4:25 PM
I doubt anything serious will happen to him because he is a FBI agent.

txswimmer
June 6th, 2018, 4:28 PM
I doubt anything serious will happen to him because he is a FBI agent.

All depends on the mood. I have seen good agents busted for stupid #### they did at private parties. Discipline at the FBI (and many other law enforcement agencies) is erratic.

Mestral
June 6th, 2018, 5:38 PM
All depends on the mood. I have seen good agents busted for stupid #### they did at private parties. Discipline at the FBI (and many other law enforcement agencies) is erratic.
It is erratic, and often driven by political pressures.

CenTexDave
June 6th, 2018, 5:43 PM
Latest I have read on this is that Denver PD is awaiting results of a blood test to determine his alcohol level. Denver's FBI office refuses to comment.
Seeing how popular the FBI is with Trump, think we might have one less FBI agent soon.

Mestral
June 8th, 2018, 5:54 PM
Latest I have read on this is that Denver PD is awaiting results of a blood test to determine his alcohol level. Denver's FBI office refuses to comment.
Seeing how popular the FBI is with Trump, think we might have one less FBI agent soon.
I suspect we will never hear who he was, or what happened to him.

The way the FBI is being run, they might keep him on, just to put a thumb
in the President's eye. (Right now they are sitting on several hundred thousand
documents that were subpoenaed a year ago.
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/house-judiciary-committee-subpoenas-12m-documents-reviewed-doj-ig
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/03/25/nunes_russia_report_has_70_findings_and_recommenda tions_1_is_paper_ballots.html
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/05/justice-department-misses-deadline-to-hand-over-fbi-documents-on-fisa-clinton-foundation.html

sojourner truth
June 8th, 2018, 6:20 PM
Or promote him to a directorship... Coming to a town near you soon.:))

Dagobert II
June 12th, 2018, 6:58 PM
Dancing FBI agent charged with second-degree assault, booked into jail over back flip gunfire
Bishop turned himself in to the Denver Sheriff Department on Tuesday morning after a warrant was issued for his arrest, according to Denver police.
https://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2018/06/12/9cc2e8e8-113a-421a-8d0b-1a908b3680a6/crop/332x350+144+0/resize/270x/e7d13b52c9a3fb9a17c05afcea2fe31b/180612-chase-bishop-mugshot.jpg#Chase Bishop

Denver Police Dept.
Denver Police had previously said they were awaiting the results of alcohol and drug tests before making an arrest. The district attorney's office said in a statement investigators are still awaiting the tests to determine Bishop's blood alcohol content at the time of the incident, and additional charges may be pending.
"We are filing this charge now rather than waiting until the [blood alcohol content] report is received, which we understand could take another week, because sufficient evidence has been presented to file it," Denver District Attorney Beth McCann said in the statement. "If an additional charge needs to be filed after further evidence is received, we can file those charges then."

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dancing-fbi-agent-booked-into-jail-over-back-flip-gunfire/

And elsewhere at the Federal Bureau of Incompetence:
Former El Paso FBI agent, Rhonda Lynn Chesser, convicted in passport fraud case
A former FBI agent who once worked at the agency’s El Paso Division offices was convicted on charges of submitting false information when applying for a passport.
Rhonda Lynn Chesser, 41, was found guilty in federal court by a jury March 22 on three counts of false statement in application for passport in the Western District of Texas. The trial was held before Senior U.S. District Judge David Briones.

She is facing up to 25 years in prison on each count and a fine of $250,000. A sentencing date has been set for June 7.
FBI El Paso Division officials declined to comment.

Source: https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/crime/2018/04/02/former-el-paso-fbi-agent-convicted-passport-fraud-case-altered-age-birth-certificate/479157002/

There's still no word on the fate of the El Paso office FBI agents that assaulted a photographer on the sidewalk outside the El Paso FBI office.

ExKilleencitizen
June 12th, 2018, 7:11 PM
well well......kind of looks like the local sheriff checked the FBI and pre-empted any of their possible interference......mac

Don't know where you got that the F.B.I. was interfering with, or going to interfere with, the investigation. Everything that I've read about this indicated that the F.B.I. had cooperated fully with the investigation. You know something that the rest of us don't?

mac
June 12th, 2018, 7:14 PM
Don't know where you got that the F.B.I. was interfering with, or going to interfere with, the investigation. Everything that I've read about this indicated that the F.B.I. had cooperated fully with the investigation. You know something that the rest of us don't?

what makes you think that I got that or that that's even close to what I said.

nope, I don't know anything you don't.....least ways no insider info.....mac

Mestral
June 19th, 2018, 2:47 PM
Looks like you are right. For once, an agent is getting held to account. Maybe.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/15/dancing-fbi-agent-wants-to-meet-man-allegedly-shot-attorney-says.html

Agent Chase Bishop was in court Wednesday, out of custody after turning himself in earlier this week on a second-degree assault charge. Bishop posted bond to gain his release, according to jail records.

Bishop’s attorney, David Goddard, called the shooting, which happened while Bishop was off-duty, “an incredibly tragic event,” adding that Bishop and his family were praying that the injured man makes a “full and speedy recovery.”

The agent hopes that he and the injured man can sit down privately “when appropriate,” the lawyer said.

“While members of the local and national media have repeatedly expressed interest in speaking to Mr. Bishop, out of respect for the Denver Police Department and their investigation, we will refrain from further comment until the investigation into this incident is complete,” Goddard said.

Bishop was at the Mile High Spirits Distillery and Tasting Bar on June 2 when he broke out in a dance routine. A woman recorded the incident that showed Bishop dancing and doing a back flip. His gun then fell out of his waistband and on the floor. Police said the gun accidentally discharged.

The wounded man’s injury was described as serious but not life-threatening. He was treated and released from a hospital.
Of course, this is preliminary.
We don't know if anything serious will actually happen to him.

Meantime, this is a lesson in getting a holster that is up to the task
(good retention, so the gun doesn't fall out) and maybe heeding
Sojourner's advice to carry in condition 3 (no round in chamber).

Also, keep the finger out of the trigger well, until barrel pointed at target.

sojourner truth
June 19th, 2018, 5:12 PM
Low level agent... You have to get at least 3 desks away from the top to have total amnesty.

Mestral
June 19th, 2018, 6:55 PM
Low level agent... You have to get at least 3 desks away from the top to have total amnesty.
Or be a sniper with an order to shoot to kill for a misdemeanor warrant.

Ludwig
June 19th, 2018, 7:09 PM
Condition three would cause me to lose one of five rounds in my 38 and that is not going to happen.

Mestral
June 20th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Condition three would cause me to lose one of five rounds in my 38 and that is not going to happen.
Revolvers are carried condition 2. With the hammer in the down position,
not many of them have a hair trigger (duh), and my wife's actually has
a piece of metal blocking the hammer/pin from reaching the primer,
until the trigger is 3/4 of the way back.

The agent in question caused his weapon to discharge because he
had a round in the chamber, no safety engaged and when he reached
for it in a panic, one of his fingers found the trigger. Probably took
less then 3 lbs on that trigger.

txswimmer
June 20th, 2018, 12:25 PM
Yeah, that moron needs to go. I am sure he is a nice guy and honest and all, but if you are going to be so stupid as to walk into a nightclub, armed, and start doing backflips, buh bye!

Mestral
December 27th, 2018, 3:24 PM
Yeah, that moron needs to go. I am sure he is a nice guy and honest and all, but if you are going to be so stupid as to walk into a nightclub, armed, and start doing backflips, buh bye!
Instead of telling his buddies to "hold my beer" he should have told them to "hold my gun" :doh

Looks like he got two years probation, misdemeanor charge (apparently no alcohol in his blood) but it also appears he will keep his job and the articles says he will be paying into a "Victim’s Assistance Fund," but I don't know if that is Victim generic or specifically, the guy he shot.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/victim-in-fbi-shooting-at-mile-high-spirits-in-denver-speaks-out

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/crime/dancing-fbi-agent-who-shot-man-at-denver-bar-pleads-guilty-to-misdemeanor-assault-avoids-jail

in November, prosecutors said a plea deal was in the works. Bishop had been allowed to travel back and forth between Denver and Washington, D.C., where he lives and works, as part of his bond conditions.

In exchange for Bishop’s guilty plea Friday, the felony charge was dismissed. Under the plea agreement, he was sentenced to two years of probation and will have to pay into the Victim’s Assistance Fund, pay a $1,200 probation supervisor fee, and pay court costs and other administrative fees.

I am actually impressed this was resolved in less than 7 months.

Dagobert II
January 12th, 2019, 12:32 AM
Remember, ONLY government agents ...

LAFAYETTE — The Lafayette Police Department released the body cam video from the officer who accidentally shot a fellow officer in the back while serving a warrant earlier this week.
The police review board has determined that the shooting was accidental.

Sounds kinda negligent to me unless there was some sorta love triangle going on - and there might'a been the way somebody keeps calling the victim "baby" in the video. Source: https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/tippecanoe-county/watch-lafayette-police-release-body-cam-footage-from-incident-where-officer-shot-by-fellow-cop?fbclid=IwAR0SX9U3k9xK8-1CPfeNjAKnOQpgpQXY9knLRRGRY20s9R728CDXKCGUyQ4

Dagobert II
January 18th, 2019, 7:34 PM
'nuther "oopsie".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQWukUgjynw