PDA

View Full Version : Cavs Bounce Celtics in Game 7 in Boston

CenTexDave
May 27th, 2018, 10:07 PM
All these "experts" predicted the Celtics to send the Cavs and LeBron packing. Game 7 in Boston, where the Celtics hadn't lost this entire postseason.
Final: Cavs -87, Celtics - 79. LeBron with 35 points and 15 rebounds and Kevin Love didn't even play!! :)):)):))

mac
May 27th, 2018, 11:21 PM
gonna really be a good series 'tween golden state and lebron.......mac

CenTexDave
May 28th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Golden State? Maybe, but game 7 of the Warriors and Houston Rockets is tonight. And it's in Houston.

Night Owl
May 28th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Is lebron the only player on the court for the Cavs? I think there is 4 others. Lebron can't do crap by himself and I don't care what he says.

CenTexDave
May 28th, 2018, 12:15 PM
Guess you didn't watch the interviews. He always acknowledges his teammates.
I figured Boston would win last night. Home court, undefeated in the playoffs there.
But it wasn't to be.....James took charge when he had to. Played the entire 48 minutes!! And this guy is now 35 years old.
Hate him if you want, but there will never be another one like him.

Night Owl
May 28th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Guess you didn't watch the interviews. He always acknowledges his teammates.
I figured Boston would win last night. Home court, undefeated in the playoffs there.
But it wasn't to be.....James took charge when he had to. Played the entire 48 minutes!! And this guy is now 35 years old.
Hate him if you want, but there will never be another one like him.
That's what they said about Jordan, Chamberlain, Russel, West and many others. I don't hate him but when he left Cleveland the first time left a bitter taste that is still there.

mac
May 28th, 2018, 12:53 PM
Is lebron the only player on the court for the Cavs? I think there is 4 others. Lebron can't do crap by himself and I don't care what he says.

true.....there are others on the team but, LeBron is the keystone of the arch and without Lebron the Cavs are only detritus..........we'll see what happens here in a few days when the Cavs start takin' some 'net-only' incoming high angle fire.....there is no Stockton for Labron.......mac

CenTexDave
May 28th, 2018, 2:53 PM
Chamberlain and Russell were centers. The game was much slower then.
West was a great one. Jordan is the standard by which all others are measured.
But everyone is trying to compare apples vs oranges. James is a SF who can play center, PF and PG. He handles the ball more than most PG. He gets more rebounds than most centers and PF.
I think the closest to James, in terms of what he did, is Magic Johnson.

Night Owl
May 28th, 2018, 3:33 PM
Actually with those named played real basketball and not this current game that barely resembles basketball. They need to put the hoop at 14 feet and go back to playing real basketball. I haven't watched an NBA games in a few years. Watch what some call highlights and there is more running with the ball than dribbling. When they do dribbled they carry the ball most of the time even then.

CenTexDave
May 28th, 2018, 3:53 PM
I agree with that, Owl. I see traveling frequently and others fouls not called all the time.
I'm like you - might watch a few games during the playoffs but that's about it.

Rick
May 28th, 2018, 3:55 PM
That's what they said about Jordan, Chamberlain, Russel, West and many others. I don't hate him but when he left Cleveland the first time left a bitter taste that is still there.Coming back and winning a championship took a lot of the bitter taste away. I think he needed to go to Miami and learn how to win.

mac
May 28th, 2018, 4:31 PM
Watch what some call highlights and there is more running with the ball than dribbling. When they do dribbled they carry the ball most of the time even then.

Wow! you must have real good eyes.......hell, i don't see any of that sort of thing and I got one of those 52" HD Screens........and don't see any travelling at all. I see some awful long steps but not travelling. .....mac

Ricky
May 28th, 2018, 4:37 PM
Wow! you must have real good eyes.......hell, i don't see any of that sort of thing and I got one of those 52" HD Screens........and don't see any travelling at all. I see some awful long steps but not travelling. .....mac

Mac, you can have a 50-foot HD Screen... and not see any traveling ...what you see on that screen depends on how good your eyes are.

Remember night owls have good vision :))

mac
May 28th, 2018, 5:35 PM
Mac, you can have a 50-foot HD Screen... and not see any traveling ...what you see on that screen depends on how good your eyes are.

Remember night owls have good vision :))

shoot.....i've got me some brand new 20-20 eyes......actually, a lot of folks don't really know what travelin' really is. they thik it's got something to do with how many steps you take with the ball and it ain't got nothing to do with that at all.....mac

CenTexDave
May 28th, 2018, 8:56 PM
Better turn on the TV, Mac. Nearly halftime and Houston is dominating Golden State.

CenTexDave
May 28th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Well, Senor Mac, guess your Warriors will be playing the Cavs. Houston can't seem to shoot tonight, especially in the 2nd half. Something like 30%.

Ricky
May 28th, 2018, 10:43 PM
shoot.....i've got me some brand new 20-20 eyes......actually, a lot of folks don't really know what travelin' really is. they thik it's got something to do with how many steps you take with the ball and it ain't got nothing to do with that at all.....mac

You're right again Mac Chamberlain

What is the definition of traveling in basketball?

A violation that occurs when a player with the ball walks, runs or takes too many steps without dribbling. A player is allowed two steps after picking up the dribble, and after two steps, the player must keep an established pivot foot to the floor.

mac
May 28th, 2018, 11:16 PM
You're right again Mac Chamberlain

What is the definition of traveling in basketball?

A violation that occurs when a player with the ball walks, runs or takes too many steps without dribbling. A player is allowed two steps after picking up the dribble, and after two steps, the player must keep an established pivot foot to the floor.

well, you must have a rule book there by you.....go to the index and look up "pivot foot"......that's what it was called in the 40's......maybe it's changed......back in my younger days.....even in the Army, some of us would slide our "pivot foot"......drove the refs crazy........mac......anyway, as I recall it, back then if you didn't pick up your pivot foot, you didn't travel.....mac