PDA

View Full Version : Quantico tactical

ithoughtso
February 11th, 2018, 4:07 PM
Hey. Does anybody know why Quantico tactical closed? Was it due to no business? Loved shopping in there plus they had the cheapest transfer fees in town.

Ricky
February 11th, 2018, 4:38 PM
One of the employees that works behind the gun counter at Academy said he was in Quantico right before it closed and overheard that the reason was due to poor sales at that location.

Johnny Frederick
February 12th, 2018, 9:35 AM
Hey. Does anybody know why Quantico tactical closed? Was it due to no business? Loved shopping in there plus they had the cheapest transfer fees in town.

Never went in but was told they had a nice selection of holsters.

How much did the charge for transfers?

Johnny

ithoughtso
February 12th, 2018, 11:39 AM
15 dollars

sojourner truth
February 12th, 2018, 4:39 PM
I thought I saw a new gun store on WS Young the other day when I was going by Taco Bell down there by the mall.

AT least it is new to me, but I don't go down there unless I have to any more anyhow.

mac
February 12th, 2018, 6:12 PM
I thought I saw a new gun store on WS Young the other day when I was going by Taco Bell down there by the mall.

AT least it is new to me, but I don't go down there unless I have to any more anyhow.

yeow, that's that new "Marksmen Firearms" place. School 'bout had a ####fit over it.....pretty nice place, nice selection.....check it out next time you're that way.....mac

Shotgun Jeremy
February 12th, 2018, 7:24 PM
I liked Quantico, but they seemed to cater more to active LE/MIL community than the common citizen. Marksman firearms has a very nice selection, and are much more average Joe/Jane friendly.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

sojourner truth
February 12th, 2018, 9:15 PM
I liked Quantico, but they seemed to cater more to active LE/MIL community than the common citizen. Marksman firearms has a very nice selection, and are much more average Joe/Jane friendly.

Yep... Got my M1A at Quantico... and a lot of mags and accessories and ammo to boot. I will miss them.

Problem is, there is just so much one can buy and not either get kicked out on the couch or have ones closets over running with stuff that makes you look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have deeper issues.

mac
February 12th, 2018, 11:27 PM

yeow, i like quantico too.....what i didn't like was that they always had those guys just hangin' 'round talkin' trash but not really buyin' nothing.....kind of like their home away from home.......same damned thing happened to brocks.........i used to really like to go out to brocks and then it kind of turned into a hang out too. every once in a while his wife would run 'em off but they'd always come back when she was out.....mac

Mestral
February 13th, 2018, 3:29 AM
I used to work with a guy who was a competition shooter, and he said there is a place in Austin (North side, or maybe Round Rock/Pflugerville area) that caters to and gives a discount to LE/MIL. I don't remember the name, because his taste in firearms was a bit richer than mine.

yeow, i like quantico too.....what i didn't like was that they always had those guys just hangin' 'round talkin' trash but not really buyin' nothing.....kind of like their home away from home.......same damned thing happened to brocks.........i used to really like to go out to brocks and then it kind of turned into a hang out too. every once in a while his wife would run 'em off but they'd always come back when she was out.....mac
Well, Mr Brock is gone (does heaven have a shooting range?) and she, and her family, are running the store now.
I have no idea how well they are doing, since I only buy ammo retail on rare occasions.

fchafey
February 13th, 2018, 8:00 AM
Probably talking about Saddle Rock Armory. Nice place but very "plush"......it is in round Rock, carters to LE/Mil.

Mestral
February 13th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Probably talking about Saddle Rock Armory. Nice place but very "plush"......it is in round Rock, carters to LE/Mil.
I believe that is the one.

rk103
February 13th, 2018, 2:47 PM
I used to work with a guy who was a competition shooter, and he said there is a place in Austin (North side, or maybe Round Rock/Pflugerville area) that caters to and gives a discount to LE/MIL. I don't remember the name, because his taste in firearms was a bit richer than mine.

GT Distributers has good Mil discounts, It is for he most part a "Cop Shop" though.

Well, Mr Brock is gone (does heaven have a shooting range?) and she, and her family, are running the store now.
I have no idea how well they are doing, since I only buy ammo retail on rare occasions.

Mestral
February 13th, 2018, 3:57 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post

GT Distributers has good Mil discounts, It is for he most part a "Cop Shop" though.

When you put your answer inside the previous post, you need
to highlight it, I did it for you on this one :)