December 18th, 2017, 8:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=57&v=tU6X11xy92c

Mestral
December 19th, 2017, 3:00 PM
Been waiting for these to hit the market for about two years,
since they were first prototyped.

Hope the price is good.
(I haven't checked yet, and I expect the initial price
will be a lot higher than they will be, next year.)

fchafey
December 19th, 2017, 4:18 PM
Wonder if you could use that for hunting game....4 legged game...and turkeys and such.

Mestral
December 19th, 2017, 5:10 PM
Wonder if you could use that for hunting game....4 legged game...and turkeys and such.
Anything you can use a rifle for. The tail of the projectile is fluorescent, rather than phosphorescent.
It shouldn't be toxic enough to be a concern.

Johnny Frederick
December 19th, 2017, 5:43 PM
The front end of the bullet is much more toxic than the fluorescent tail...

Johnny

gnatsum
December 20th, 2017, 5:37 PM
"Toxic" meaning, can the meat from the animal be consumed by humans after the bullet hits it? If not, then it's "toxic".

mac
December 20th, 2017, 11:27 PM
"Toxic" meaning, can the meat from the animal be consumed by humans after the bullet hits it? If not, then it's "toxic".

wow....i've eaten an awful lot of geese, ducks, pheasants and quail, bunnies and squirrels shot with lead (toxic) plus rec'd 244 grains of lead in the gut......sure am glad i didn't know it was toxic back then. i think it's illegal to kill any migratory birds today with lead shot...sure am glad they solved that problem......mac

Mestral
December 21st, 2017, 5:57 AM
i think it's illegal to kill any migratory birds today with lead shot...sure am glad they solved that problem......mac
The objective there was to stop people from using lead shot over water.
The lead shot in the water was the problem, not the shot in the bird.

Ludwig
December 21st, 2017, 10:33 AM
The front end of the bullet is much more toxic than the fluorescent tail...

JohnnyToxic to the target for sure but one would hope that this is the limit of the bullet's toxicity.