PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James

sickofpc
December 18th, 2017, 4:30 PM
Dave, just wondered... how did you like Lebron's shoes he wore the other night?

CenTexDave
December 18th, 2017, 4:43 PM
Didn't see them. Don't watch basketball much until the finals. He's starting to mouth off about politics. He needs to STFU and do what he's hired to do - play basketball.

sickofpc
December 18th, 2017, 4:49 PM
I agree with that....He had EQUALITY printed on the back of both of his shoes....I don't watch the NBA, either...and very, very little of NFL, with all of their crap.

fchafey
December 18th, 2017, 5:37 PM
Black Shoes with Yellow writing. He wants Equality between Blacks and Asians?.......

ithoughtso
December 18th, 2017, 5:41 PM
Another rich black that can't articulate what he wants. If he wants respect then he needs to behave in a manor that will give him respect.

gnatsum
December 18th, 2017, 5:49 PM
There was a story in Sports Illustrated recently, in which someone stated that athletes SHOULD be able to speak their minds on today's social and political issues, because those issues involve ALL of us, and expecting them to sit quietly and "play ball" is disingenous to the athlete.

Don't like it? Don't watch it. Period.

sickofpc
December 18th, 2017, 8:39 PM
I don't, but...you saying what you say is kind of like saying... "Don't like what is expressed here on this forum? Don't read it. Period".....isn't it?

gnatsum
December 19th, 2017, 5:54 PM
I don't, but...you saying what you say is kind of like saying... "Don't like what is expressed here on this forum? Don't read it. Period".....isn't it?

Actually, I think it's more of someone telling us not to tell the athletes to shut the hell up, everytime they pontificate on current events that don't concern the game.

mac
December 19th, 2017, 11:06 PM

of course not! Good Lord, no one on here is paying to see what's written here and expecting to get something they want to see bad enough to pay for. Folks who pay to see a NFL ball game pay, I'm told, a hell of a lot of money to see a ball game and not a protest...... or Billy Graham Jr.......mac

Rick
December 20th, 2017, 7:16 AM
You have to love LeBum's answers to the questions he was asked.

Here. he gives himself for being well-spoken about the issue.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/12/18/lebron-james-sends-message-with-black-and-white-shoes-speaks-about-trump.html

James then referred to his past discussions of Trump, saying: “Obviously, I’ve been … very outspoken and well-spoken about the situation that’s going on at the helm here.

Examples of the "well-spoken".

"Hate has always existed in America. Yes we know that but Donald Trump just made it fashionable again! Statues has nothing to do with us now," James tweeted.

“I didn’t play well in the first half, and I’m very superstitious, so I took ’em off,” James explained, before joking: “I didn’t play well in the second half, either, so if there was a third half, I would have took those off.”

Maybe he thought it was a hockey game since he was pontificating about a "third half".

Fractions always screwed me up too. :))

ithoughtso
December 20th, 2017, 7:23 AM
This is a prime example of how college is a farce with theses guys. He didn't learn s#$t, especially how to speak in an articulate manner.

ExKilleencitizen
December 20th, 2017, 7:37 AM
This is a prime example of how college is a farce with theses guys. He didn't learn s#$t, especially how to speak in an articulate manner.

Lebron James didn't go to college; he went straight from highschool to the pros. Just sayin'

kantwin
December 20th, 2017, 7:39 AM
Fractions always screwed me up too. :))
I remember taking a test in the Army, I forget what it was for, and there were math problems dividing negative fractions.
Say what?

fchafey
July 2nd, 2018, 8:12 AM
Looks like Lebron will be wearing 00 for the Lakers. Read an article that he has a couple houses in the LA area. Wonder if he is now one of Maxine's constituents.....:)

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2018, 8:25 AM
I wish him nothing but the worst. Hope he breaks his leg in the first game.

Night Owl
July 2nd, 2018, 9:07 AM
Let's look at the history.
He's drafted by Cleveland and is the first coming.
Then he jumps ship and goes to Flordia and is seen as evil and a money grabber.
Then he returns to Cleveland and all is forgiven.
Now he jumps ship again and goes to the Lakers. I guess he wasn't getting enough money and wanted to surround himself with better players to win another championship. I guess his loyalty is not with Cleveland or his fans but with his so called legacy.
Too dang funny.

Rick
July 2nd, 2018, 9:40 AM
My only issue is with LeBum's politics. He should fit right in in LALA land.

He brought a championship to Cleveland which was something that hadn't been done since the 60's so he kept his word.

If he wants to add to a legacy, who cares?

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2018, 9:49 AM
How much money does someone seriously need? Signed with the Lakers for 4 years/$154M.
Be interesting to see if he can co-exist with Ball and that idiot's father always sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

onetime
July 2nd, 2018, 9:51 AM
Let's look at the history.
He's drafted by Cleveland and is the first coming.
Then he jumps ship and goes to Flordia and is seen as evil and a money grabber.
Then he returns to Cleveland and all is forgiven.
Now he jumps ship again and goes to the Lakers. I guess he wasn't getting enough money and wanted to surround himself with better players to win another championship. I guess his loyalty is not with Cleveland or his fans but with his so called legacy.
Too dang funny.

Owl the nba has a salary cap and is extremely static regarding stars and superstars. Star players actually lose money when they leave their team (bird rights). Lebron took a significant pay cut to play for heat. He’s taking a pay cut again to go to LA, because he can’t sign a max 5 year deal in LA, I believe that last year is 30-35 million. If you’ve ever been to LA and Ohio it’s not hard to see where’d you’d like to begin transitioning to the last phase of your career into your next career. Not to mention in the 10 years he was in Cleveland he couldn’t get one elite player in his prime to come there, this is typical with smal market teams. I’m sure he’s assuming he can get more top level talent to come to LA. we shall see.

onetime
July 2nd, 2018, 9:54 AM
How much money does someone seriously need? Signed with the Lakers for 4 years/$154M.
Be interesting to see if he can co-exist with Ball and that idiot's father always sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

He took a pay cut to go to LA and to answer your question for most the pursuit of money or better put the comforts that having money brings is an endless loop. If I made 400k last year then I’m going to try to make 450k this year. That’s not everyone but a lot of people I encounter think like Corporation.

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2018, 10:11 AM
He couldn't get one elite player to come to Cleveland?
Baloney - he ran off Kyrie Irving. And before he came to Cleveland, Kevin Love was elite.
LeBron thinks the world revolves around him. I admit he's a great basketball player and is exciting to watch,
but his act has gotten old. And from what I've read all over the internet, most Cleveland fans are saying "good riddance".

onetime
July 2nd, 2018, 10:28 AM
Baloney - he ran off Kyrie Irving. And before he came to Cleveland, Kevin Love was elite.
LeBron thinks the world revolves around him. I admit he's a great basketball player and is exciting to watch,
but his act has gotten old. And from what I've read all over the internet, most Cleveland fans are saying "good riddance".

Kyrie was drafted and Love was traded to them on the last year of his contract no different then Paul George in OKC. Kyrie wanted his own team and grew tired of the circus. Kudos to him for empowering
hisself. It’s been reported that lebron created a 250 million dollar per year upswing for the city of Ohio. I’m sure fans hate him today but in a year when they one of the worst teams in the league with no first round draft pick, expensive overvalued contracts, and no way to attract elite players they’ll want him back. They’ll have to trade Love for a first round pick and a bad contract or two, they’ll be bad for a while.

Rick
July 2nd, 2018, 10:43 AM
Kyrie was drafted and Love was traded to them on the last year of his contract no different then Paul George in OKC. Kyrie wanted his own team and grew tired of the circus. Kudos to him for empowering
hisself. It’s been reported that lebron created a 250 million dollar per year upswing for the city of Ohio. I’m sure fans hate him today but in a year when they one of the worst teams in the league with no first round draft pick, expensive overvalued contracts, and no way to attract elite players they’ll want him back. They’ll have to trade Love for a first round pick and a bad contract or two, they’ll be bad for a while.

City of Ohio? Um, Ohio is a state.

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2018, 11:02 AM
No big deal if the Cavs suck. Remember - it was LeBron who insisted they keep JR Smith. Great decision. The Tribe is doing good and the Browns are on their way up.

onetime
July 2nd, 2018, 12:25 PM
City of Ohio? Um, Ohio is a state.

I suck, I was born in another country, can I use that as an excuse?

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2018, 12:52 PM
Reminds me when a Royal British Navy Admiral first toured the USS Ohio - stated "OH ten, what kind of name for a boat is that?" :)

Night Owl
July 2nd, 2018, 1:34 PM
Owl the nba has a salary cap and is extremely static regarding stars and superstars. Star players actually lose money when they leave their team (bird rights). Lebron took a significant pay cut to play for heat. He’s taking a pay cut again to go to LA, because he can’t sign a max 5 year deal in LA, I believe that last year is 30-35 million. If you’ve ever been to LA and Ohio it’s not hard to see where’d you’d like to begin transitioning to the last phase of your career into your next career. Not to mention in the 10 years he was in Cleveland he couldn’t get one elite player in his prime to come there, this is typical with smal market teams. I’m sure he’s assuming he can get more top level talent to come to LA. we shall see.
Sure you believe what you posted, I don't. But I also could care less what any basketball player does since it really isn't basketball they claim to play. Paying anyone over a million a year to play a game is stupid and it doesn't matter the game.

Night Owl
July 2nd, 2018, 1:36 PM
Must mean a lot to be elite playing a game. The NBA became a clown show in the early 80s.

mac
July 2nd, 2018, 2:02 PM
Must mean a lot to be elite playing a game. The NBA became a clown show in the early 80s.

who were the clowns?

onetime
July 2nd, 2018, 2:30 PM
Sure you believe what you posted, I don't. But I also could care less what any basketball player does since it really isn't basketball they claim to play. Paying anyone over a million a year to play a game is stupid and it doesn't matter the game.

Thank you for your support ghost of Karl Marx I will let the proletariat know what your present thoughts are.

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2018, 3:24 PM

I'd say the early 90's. Celtics with Bird and the Lakers with Magic were always good finals. Then along came Jordan and the clown show started. Not that he was
a clown, it's just the way the game was being played.

Night Owl
July 2nd, 2018, 4:14 PM
who were the clowns?
The players and owners along with all the fans they continued to pay good money to see play a silly made up game.

mac
July 2nd, 2018, 5:55 PM
it really isn't basketball they claim to play.

what is basketball if it's not what "they claim to play"?.....mac

mac
July 2nd, 2018, 5:57 PM
The players and owners along with all the fans they continued to pay good money to see play a silly made up game.

more like dupes than clowns but......i get your meaning.....mac

Night Owl
July 2nd, 2018, 10:54 PM
what is basketball if it's not what "they claim to play"?.....mac
Basketball, real basketball, doesn't have a three point line, doesn't have players running half way down the court without dribbling, doesn't carry the ball, and many other so called entertainment crap that were invented to make it "more entertaining" for the fans. I haven't watched an NBA game in 20 years, don't follow it at all. Bunch of thugs playing street ball.

Im almost to that point with the NFL also. When is a catch a catch or a TD really a TD?

mac
July 2nd, 2018, 11:01 PM
Basketball, real basketball, doesn't have a three point line, doesn't have players running half way down the court without dribbling, doesn't carry the ball, and many other so called entertainment crap that were invented to make it "more entertaining" for the fans. I haven't watched an NBA game in 20 years, don't follow it at all. Bunch of thugs playing street ball.

Im almost to that point with the NFL also. When is a catch a catch or a TD really a TD?

i love the 3 pointers! don't believe i've ever seen anybody "run halfway down the court without dribbling either, prob'ly watchin' a different game, i watch a lot of spurs, warriors and celtics. i guess i haven't seen any of that "entertainment crap that was invented to make it more interesting" either. You might be watching the wrong games, Owl......i don't watch hardly any of that eastern stuff 'cept, of course the celtics......mac

Ludwig
July 3rd, 2018, 9:45 AM
I don't watch much Basketball but when I do I perceive that the "traveling" rule applies only at the Interscholastic level. Once you get to college and pro it's totally ignored.

Rick
July 3rd, 2018, 10:29 AM
who were the clowns?

This one might qualify as a clown.

CenTexDave
July 3rd, 2018, 12:02 PM
Our new Ambassador to North Korea?

Rick
July 3rd, 2018, 12:12 PM
I actually like Rodman. I liked him when he played and when he was in the Apprentice. I heard his interview on Howard Stern a couple weeks ago and he is an interesting person.

CenTexDave
July 3rd, 2018, 3:01 PM
Good basketball player, particularly rebounder, but loose in the head. :))