PDA

View Full Version : Temple High School

xzochye
December 6th, 2017, 8:17 PM
Looks like Temple will be a 6A school once again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky
December 6th, 2017, 9:54 PM
Looks like Temple will be a 6A school once again next year.

So does that mean they get a multimillion-dollar scoreboard?:poke:poke:graduate::graduate::graduate :

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2017, 7:28 AM
Same with Waco and Bryan.
Be interesting to see what our new district looks like when announced on Feb 1.
I imagine we will have: Cove, Shoemaker, Killeen, Ellison, Heights, Belton, Temple and Waco, just like the "old days".

Gramps
December 7th, 2017, 9:06 AM
You left Midway from our current district out. Where do they fit in the mix? I can't see them creating a 9 team 6A district. One possible solution would be moving Midway out of our district, assigning them, Waco and Bryan to a district to our east. That would leave us with a 7 team district: Cove, Killeen, Ellison, Shoemaker, Heights, Belton and Temple. We'll just have to wait till February to see what the UIL decides.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2017, 9:48 AM
I forgot about Midway. Thanks for reminding me.
UIL doesn't like 7 team districts either, although we're in one now.
Add San Angelo Central? Hope not, and I'm sure Central would rather remain where they are. Likewise, we don't need any of the Leander/Austin area schools.

sickofpc
December 7th, 2017, 12:16 PM
No matter what our district alignment is, let's just be happy we don't have the distances between schools that most of the West Texas schools have.

stevendub
December 9th, 2017, 3:43 AM
Might just be good with the Killeen ISD schools, Temple Belton & Cove, but I see them adding another to make it 8 now that there’s enough 6A schools in the area. Whereas before they couldn’t do that if they wanted to. I’ve heard Pflugerville Hendrickson is a possible school they’ll add from the Austin area should they dip into those schools down there.

gnatsum
December 13th, 2017, 5:53 PM
Don't forget the Leander, Round Rock, and Georgetown ISDs. When Ellison first joined the old 14-5A in fall '78, both G-town and RR were part of the district, along with three Waco schools (Waco University Waco Richfield, and Waco). RR and G-town dropped to a new district by '80, and Waco dropped when that ISD realigned its districts to three high schools (including Midway), but the 5A enrollment numbers were too high for Waco to have even one 5A.

sickofpc
December 13th, 2017, 5:59 PM
With the UIL, sometimes you just never know what's going to happen.

Night Owl
December 13th, 2017, 11:13 PM
With an additional HS in Killeen it might drop all schools here to 5A. With the talent in this area they might want to get to 3A to be competitive.:)

If we are talking about robberies and killings this area, especially Killeen, would be in competition with NFL teams.

CenTexDave
December 14th, 2017, 8:42 AM
You're talking about realignment for the next two years starting next school year. A new HS for KISD is at least 3-4 years out, and that's if the voters approved that inflated bond package.