PDA

View Full Version : Reciprocity

Dagobert II
December 6th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Nationwide reciprocity of state issued concealed handgun licenses has passed out of committee and is causing quite the stir in pro and anti 2D amendment circles. Of course the anti 2D amendment crowd is all upset that passage of this federal legislation will frustrate their many local rebellions against the constitution by allowing those persons living in jurisdictions in rebellion to to practice their constitutionally recognized right to keep and bear arms by obtaining a license from another jurisdiction.

But here's where I have a problem. Constitutionally recognized rights are already applicable to all jurisdictions in the United States without necessity of government license by virtue of the 14th amendment to the constitution. If any jurisdiction of the United States is in rebellion to the constitution it is the duty of those who have taken the oath to preserve, protect and defend that constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic to subdue that rebellious jurisdiction and reconstruct it with a constitutional government. There is no need for license or reciprocation of what the 2D amendment already recognizes as an inalienable right and the 14th amendment imposes on all jurisdictions of the United States.

Rather than federal legislation what is needed is federal occupation and reconstruction of those jurisdictions in rebellion to the constitution.

fchafey
December 6th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Rather than federal legislation what is needed is federal occupation and reconstruction of those jurisdictions in rebellion to the constitution.

I would rather go back Afghanistan than deploy to Newark or Camden...

kantwin
December 6th, 2017, 3:46 PM
Nationwide reciprocity of state issued concealed handgun licenses has passed out of committee and is causing quite the stir in pro and anti 2D amendment circles. Of course the anti 2D amendment crowd is all upset that passage of this federal legislation will frustrate their many local rebellions against the constitution by allowing those persons living in jurisdictions in rebellion to to practice their constitutionally recognized right to keep and bear arms by obtaining a license from another jurisdiction.

But here's where I have a problem. Constitutionally recognized rights are already applicable to all jurisdictions in the United States without necessity of government license by virtue of the 14th amendment to the constitution. If any jurisdiction of the United States is in rebellion to the constitution it is the duty of those who have taken the oath to preserve, protect and defend that constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic to subdue that rebellious jurisdiction and reconstruct it with a constitutional government. There is no need for license or reciprocation of what the 2D amendment already recognizes as an inalienable right and the 14th amendment imposes on all jurisdictions of the United States.

I've read stories about people with a valid concealed carry permit from their county going to jail because the concealed weapon was temporarily visible (the person reached over their head, lifting their shirt to expose part of the weapon), or even "printed" (the outline of the weapon was visible because the shirt was too tight, for example).
How's this reciprocity going to handle that?

mac
December 6th, 2017, 4:30 PM
I've read stories about people with a valid concealed carry permit from their county going to jail because the concealed weapon was temporarily visible (the person reached over their head, lifting their shirt to expose part of the weapon), or even "printed" (the outline of the weapon was visible because the shirt was too tight, for example).
How's this reciprocity going to handle that?

I haven't read any stories like that. Mind letting me know where I might find a couple or so? I'd like to read more about that........what you describe sounds to me like a far far cry from "brandishing"....but in any case, it has nothing to do with reciprocity. Reciprocity only deals with the right to carry, not to brandish.....mac

kantwin
December 6th, 2017, 5:43 PM
Here's an example in Florida
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBCUEniMwJU)
And another (https://www.floridacarry.org/news/54-florida-gun-owners-still-face-arrest-and-prosecution-for-innocent-exposure-of-handguns)

mac
December 6th, 2017, 7:55 PM
Here's an example in Florida
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBCUEniMwJU)
And another (https://www.floridacarry.org/news/54-florida-gun-owners-still-face-arrest-and-prosecution-for-innocent-exposure-of-handguns)

i may have missed it but i don't think in either of those cases someone went, as you said, to jail.....mac

kantwin
December 6th, 2017, 8:17 PM
i may have missed it but i don't think in either of those cases someone went, as you said, to jail.....mac

So you don’t go to jail when you are arrested?
Good to know. Thanks.

sojourner truth
December 6th, 2017, 8:26 PM
Well... Maybe not behind bars, but I doubt it is the nickel tour either....:))

ithoughtso
December 7th, 2017, 7:22 AM
Hell, one bullet in new jersey has you breaking rocks for the fat man for years.

fchafey
December 7th, 2017, 8:04 AM
Just ask the properly licensed teacher from Filthadelphia that got pulled over in Jersey and it was discovered she had hollow points in her weapon. She went straight to Rahway and it took Gov. Christie to pardon her after a time in jail.

Mestral
December 8th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Just ask the properly licensed teacher from Filthadelphia that got pulled over in Jersey and it was discovered she had hollow points in her weapon. She went straight to Rahway and it took Gov. Christie to pardon her after a time in jail.
Frankly, I would like to see people carry ONLY hollow points.

And I am still of the opinion that every sign that says No Guns Allowed, should have
to have the signature of someone, and that someone would go to jail if a crime was
committed against a person who was not carrying because of the sign.

sojourner truth
December 8th, 2017, 3:43 PM
Well, we did have the story of the holdup yesterday where the CHL holder got miffed when the choirboy pointed a gun at his kid and unsheathed his weapon in public and ended the dispute..

Bad guys 0... good guys with guns 1.